Big Sam

LinkinFighter

I'm not buying the "not that bad" stuff here. Saying that we all knew he was a crook is completely irrelevant. It's now pretty much confirmed, and with that news, he needs to be punted. The English FA, with the stances they've tried to take, cannot have a known crook as the manager of the national team. Especially after it's their own rules he's making such a mockery of. If they DO keep him on then they're absolute mugs that deserve every bit of pointing and laughing that comes their way.

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, Randy Giles said:

I'm not buying the "not that bad" stuff here. Saying that we all knew he was a crook is completely irrelevant. It's now pretty much confirmed, and with that news, he needs to be punted. The English FA, with the stances they've tried to take, cannot have a known crook as the manager of the national team. Especially after it's their own rules he's making such a mockery of. If they DO keep him on then they're absolute mugs that deserve every bit of pointing and laughing that comes their way.

Football is absolutely full of hypocrites at just about every level and no one will bat much of an eyelid if the FA keep him on.

Football began it's journey down the slippery slope the day that we sold our club jerseys to sponsors..

& we don’t have far to look at the vested interests - up this neck of the woods  &  the overpaid , incompetent executives etc

1 hour ago, dogmc said:

Did ssn say two of the 6 English mgrs are former international mgrs? If so fairly narrows the field down

ETA sounds like they mean 2 of the 8 are former international mgrs....conte n Bilic? ?

Ranieri and Mark Hughes as well.

The Sun touting Alan Pardew is hilarious, seeing as he is comfortably the sleaziest man on Earth as much as I love him. You don't manage West Ham when Tevez and Mascherano were there and Newcastle under Mike Ashley without having a mass grave in his closet.

1 hour ago, dogmc said:

Did ssn say two of the 6 English mgrs are former international mgrs? If so fairly narrows the field down

ETA sounds like they mean 2 of the 8 are former international mgrs....conte n Bilic? ?

Are those 6 English managers currently in charge of clubs? There are few who are currently free agents.

1 minute ago, dogmc said:

Don't think they said.

So the 6 English managers could include Hodgson, McClaren, Hoddle and Redknapp. There are only a few English managers in the EPL - Pardew, Howe, Dyche and Phelan. This could be one of the craziest weeks in English football history.

The Football Manager Real Football Forum is usually a good read, as it seems to be mostly full of people who would nod sagely as they read their copy of the Daily Mail.  Also mostly full of England fans, as you'd expect.  They're almost exclusively furious at this, including one saying that what Sam's done is "loads worse than what Hoddle did" :unsure2:

3 minutes ago, 7-2 said:

More interesting would be trying to suss out the one manager that walked out on the journos half way through as he'd figured out it was a con.

I'll go for Moyes. I think that given his years involved in English football, he'd certainly be targetted and I also think that he'd be pretty clean and not fall for this sort of shite.

Assuming the 8 are not necessarily in work or currently in the Premier League, my guess is

Nigel Pearson (I think the above post is probably correct)

Malky Mackay

Tony Pulis

Harry Redknapp

Ian Holloway

Alan Pardew

Michael Laudrup

Avram Grant

Bonus - Moyes walked out

Archived