Big Sam

LinkinFighter

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Presumably, the FA is waiting to see who is exposed as corrupt by the Telegraph. There could be other managerial casualties by the weekend. 

Apparently they have no idea whether to keep Allardyce, as they fear more revelations, or move to a new manager, as they fear them being outed.

A complete clusterfuck

I was a bit pissed off to hear Big Sam was given his jotters. This was on the basis the F.A might appoint somebody with a clue. I needn't have worried though, the FA don't have a clue themselves.

Gareth Southgate (even in the interim) is delicious. Well done everyone at the F.A.

This is so funny watching this play out. I've never liked Allardyce, he looks like an ageing teddy boy and has always come across as a bit of a walloper, but what is more pleasing is that the pickings for the next England manager are pretty slim, seriously hoping Southgate gets the nod.

48 minutes ago, dogmc said:

It's astonishingly stupid to even take that meeting when he's already earning £3.5 million pa. Even worse he was clearly trying to be careful about what he was saying and still hibsed it up.

Exactly. Arrogance, greed and stupidity = Allardyce. 

What a clown.

I hope the bookies are on the ball with their odds for his replacement. Pardew or Southgate would be terrific.

Exactly. Arrogance, greed and stupidity = Allardyce. 

What a clown.

I hope the bookies are on the ball with their odds for his replacement. Pardew or Southgate would be terrific.

Southgate likes his current easy gig and didn't want the job full time after Roy left. Can't see that changing. Would be hilarious if all the obvious candidates have compromised themselves with the journos.

6 minutes ago, ExiledSaint said:

This is so funny watching this play out. I've never liked Allardyce, he looks like an ageing teddy boy and has always come across as a bit of a walloper, but what is more pleasing is that the pickings for the next England manager are pretty slim, seriously hoping Southgate gets the nod.

The pickings will be slim if the FA wants an English manager so another foreign coach could be appointed.

Southgate likes his current easy gig and didn't want the job full time after Roy left. Can't see that changing. Would be hilarious if all the obvious candidates have compromised themselves with the journos.

"Easy gig". Aye right.

Any England coaching job is a trap. I can't imagine why anyone would want to be England coach, when even the broadsheets are out the see him fail.

Archived