Big Sam

LinkinFighter

8 minutes ago, RiG said:

Apologies if this has been discussed already but I see The Telegraph are claiming that eight Premier League managers have taken bungs:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/09/27/exclusive-eight-premier-league-managers-took-transfer-bungs-clai/

"As a general rule of thumb, the Italian agent, who was banned from football for five years in 2005 for match-fixing, said it was easier to bribe managers in the Championship because they earned less.

However, he said there were one or two in the Premier League that still took money. He named one manager who “likes money” to secure deals, adding that he “takes a few” because “he’s not being paid big money”."

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The thing that strikes me is that this greed is fuelled by the astronomical sums of money flowing through the game in England.

Ironically enough, the game is funded by Sky who are currently giving the story the full state funeral treatment.

The whole shooting match is corrupt.

Exactly right. I don't see the logic in allardyce even taking the meeting given his salary.

A complete simpleton of a man. How anyone in that position can go running his mouth of to someone he obviously doesn't know is beyond me. As others have said, it's disappointing because I really felt we were in with a shout of getting a result against them with Simple Sam in charge although Southgate is about as thick.

SAM ALLARDYCE STATEMENT

"Further to recent events, The FA and I have mutually agreed to part company. It was a great honour for me to be appointed back in July and I am deeply disappointed at this outcome.

"This afternoon, I met with Greg Clarke and Martin Glenn and offered a sincere and wholehearted apology for my actions.

"Although it was made clear during the recorded conversations that any proposed arrangements would need The FA’s full approval, I recognise I made some comments which have caused embarrassment.

"As part of today’s meeting, I was asked to clarify what I said and the context in which the conversations took place. I have co-operated fully in this regard.

"I also regret my comments with regard to other individuals."

In denial. :thumbsdown

If 'Arry isn't finally properly outed over this, I will be astonished.

This could be a good game, trying to name each manager.

Manager 1

Ex-Premier League manager allegedly liked “bungs” in cash or deposited in a Swiss bank account. Pagliara said: “I can call [X] now and all it is with [X] is 'How much, Pino? And will it be the same Swiss bank account?’”

Manager 2

Ex-top flight manager has had “more backhanders than Wimbledon”. Pagliara said: “This is what I hate... the guy that used to need the money but he’s had so much now that all of a sudden he’s whiter than white.”

Manager 3

After managing several British clubs, he was allegedly fired by one for having “his fingers in the till”. Pagliara said he would get involved if “you understand that when we do deals I have to have a carrier bag with some cash”.

Manager 4

Pagliara said of this boss with Premier League experience: “We know him very, very well. We do a transfer, [X] has winked at us and said 'Yeah, I want the player. Is there a little coffee for me, Pino?’ Yeah, course there is.”

Manager 5

Ex-Premier League manager who, said Pagliara, would call him and say “here’s the number”, and give him details of a Swiss account. He said: “It was always numbered accounts.”

Manager 6

A former player who now manages, he allegedly likes extra money to secure deals because he is not on a big salary at his club. Pagliara said: “[X] takes a few [inaudible] because he’s not being paid big money.”

Manager 7

Ex-Premier League manager is another “we can put on the payroll”. If a player was transferred for £10m, “we’ll turn round to [X] and say, listen, if you take this player we’ll look after you. OK? OK, boom.”

Manager 8

Agent Dax Price said this long-serving manager would pick three trusted players and tell them he was paying them an extra £8,000 per month, on condition that they paid him £4,000 per month each.

I just see them replacing him this summer. If that happens, the England gig would suit him perfectly.

Think he's too smart to take on the England job, it's a no win situation. Not sure arsenal have a real succession strategy in place (obviously they should ). If as expected man city scoosh the league there is a ready made excuse for not winning the league again.Honestly wouldn't be surprised if he was still in situ next season.

In quotes | Managers on the make ... as described by agents

Manager 1

Ex-Premier League manager allegedly liked “bungs” in cash or deposited in a Swiss bank account. Pagliara said: “I can call [X] now and all it is with [X] is 'How much, Pino? And will it be the same Swiss bank account?’”

Manager 2

Ex-top flight manager has had “more backhanders than Wimbledon”. Pagliara said: “This is what I hate... the guy that used to need the money but he’s had so much now that all of a sudden he’s whiter than white.”

Manager 3

After managing several British clubs, he was allegedly fired by one for having “his fingers in the till”. Pagliara said he would get involved if “you understand that when we do deals I have to have a carrier bag with some cash”.

Manager 4

Pagliara said of this boss with Premier League experience: “We know him very, very well. We do a transfer, [X] has winked at us and said 'Yeah, I want the player. Is there a little coffee for me, Pino?’ Yeah, course there is.”

Manager 5

Ex-Premier League manager who, said Pagliara, would call him and say “here’s the number”, and give him details of a Swiss account. He said: “It was always numbered accounts.”

Manager 6

A former player who now manages, he allegedly likes extra money to secure deals because he is not on a big salary at his club. Pagliara said: “[X] takes a few [inaudible] because he’s not being paid big money.”

Manager 7

Ex-Premier League manager is another “we can put on the payroll”. If a player was transferred for £10m, “we’ll turn round to [X] and say, listen, if you take this player we’ll look after you. OK? OK, boom.”

Manager 8

Agent Dax Price said this long-serving manager would pick three trusted players and tell them he was paying them an extra £8,000 per month, on condition that they paid him £4,000 per month each.

Taken from http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/09/27/exclusive-eight-premier-league-managers-took-transfer-bungs-clai/

Reading the article it seems blatantly obvious manager 3 is Nigel Pearson, as suspected by posters earlier on.

What's the guesses on the other ones then? ;)

Looks like the Telegraph will keep drip feeding us for a good few days yet - this could get even funnier than it is already :lol: 

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/09/27/exclusive-cardiff-held-inquiry-into-deal-with-sam-allardyces-wes/

Cardiff City football club launched an investigation into a player transfer after auditors discovered evidence of unexplained payments, The Daily Telegraph has learnt.

A loan deal involving Cardiff and West Ham United, who were managed by Sam Allardyce at the time, was examined after questions were raised over fees relating to the deal.

An agent is understood to have told the club that a payment had been agreed with Allardyce over the loan of Ravel Morrison, who moved to the Welsh club from West Ham in 2014.

The agent involved is understood to be Pino Pagliara, who is banned from conducting transfers and often uses an intermediary to conduct his transfer business. The allegations prompted Cardiff to launch an investigation.

The club, however, failed to put the allegation to Allardyce. Neither the police nor the FA was notified. Cardiff City have confirmed the investigation. Their earlier failure to report it to the FA was an apparent breach of FA rules.

A spokesman for the club said: “Mr Pagliara was not paid by the club. We investigated the matter thoroughly.”

In 2013 it was alleged that the former Manchester United youth player, who had signed for West Ham the previous year, had fallen out with Allardyce after being put under pressure to drop his agent and instead sign as a client of Mr Curtis.

It is understood that Morrison had asked for a pay rise towards the end of 2013, and was asked to attend a meeting with Allardyce and Mr Curtis at which he was told that he would be given an enhanced new contract if he signed with Mr Curtis.

When Morrison refused, he was dropped from the team and later loaned out to QPR. Both Mr Curtis and Allardyce denied putting pressure on Morrison when allegations first surfaced in 2013. Mr Curtis described the claims as “nonsense” and Allardyce said at the time: “There’s no truth in the fact that I have sat with Ravel Morrison and tried to press him into signing anything with any agent, never mind mine.” Morrison, 23, who now plays for the Italian club Lazio, was unavailable for comment."   

Just now, Savage Henry said:

You say that, but the last two paragraphs imply that the whole story could be bollocks. I wonder how much of this is currently in the hands of the Telegraph's lawyers?

Every single word will have been vetted by the paper's lawyers before publication.

Every single word will have been vetted by the paper's lawyers before publication.

Obviously, but there is surely more than the vague implications of those 8 managers.

If it turns out the only name they can publish is the assistant manager, then I'm inclined to think their sources are at it.

Obviously, but there is surely more than the vague implications of those 8 managers.

If it turns out the only name they can publish is the assistant manager, then I'm inclined to think their sources are at it.

One thing is for sure.....telegraph will selling far more papers than usual this week

Archived