Big Sam

LinkinFighter

Boumsong from Rangers was the signing that I'm aware of who seemed to have been sold for over the odds.

It was the agent involved, Willie Mackay, who was dodgy as hell. He was the agent of choice for Newcastle, Rangers and, er, Spurs.

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I feel a wee bit sorry for him.

Ultimately he's stupid to have put himself in that situation, it was always going to reflect badly on him and as England manager he has to accept the consequences.

Ultimately though he's not done a lot wrong. He gave a bit of advice on how to work the rules, not break them. Ultimately it's his employers rules so they're not going to like it.

However he's very clear with the guy who suggests underhanded payments that he not go there and wants nothing to do with it.

I feel a wee bit sorry for him.

Ultimately he's stupid to have put himself in that situation, it was always going to reflect badly on him and as England manager he has to accept the consequences.

Ultimately though he's not done a lot wrong. He gave a bit of advice on how to work the rules, not break them. Ultimately it's his employers rules so they're not going to like it.

However he's very clear with the guy who suggests underhanded payments that he not go there and wants nothing to do with it.

You said 'ultimately' twice

Journalists are scum, tricking people into saying and doing things like this. If the police did it, it would be called 'entrapment'.

On the other hand anything that humiliates English football is fine by me. :thumsup2

9 hours ago, DigOutYourSoul said:

Knowing how some of the editorial process works, it will have been through a ridiculous amount of legal checking over the last while to ensure their back is covered. Wouldn't like to see their legal bill.

The Telegraph have their own in house legal team, they handle everything from supplier contracts to editorial legalese so I reckon they're well covered on this and at no additional cost either. Win/win for them.

Journalists are scum, tricking people into saying and doing things like this. If the police did it, it would be called 'entrapment'.

On the other hand anything that humiliates English football is fine by me. :thumsup2

Presumably the same way a shite tricks flies into swarming around it?

No sympathy whatsoever for the greedy b*****d. Being on £3m a year and still unable to resist a tawdry two months salary for helping facilitate bending the rules for a bunch of Far Eastern business shysters.

What is much more interesting is just how deep the corruption goes and if the FA actually has the balls to take on those about whom these claims can be proved. I am sure the banned agent is over-egging the story a little but as has been said, there must be some proof of these allegations and the Torygraph will drip feed the story for weeks to come.

Big Sam- he's finished and rightly so. Will enter the books of "tarnished football figures who once were thought half decent" like George Graham. With these kind of sleazy credentials I am sure he'd be welcomed with open arms as the new major investor at the Tony Macaroni stadium, Livingston.

No sympathy whatsoever for the greedy b*****d. Being on £3m a year and still unable to resist a tawdry two months salary for helping facilitate bending the rules for a bunch of Far Eastern business shysters.

What is much more interesting is just how deep the corruption goes and if the FA actually has the balls to take on those about whom these claims can be proved. I am sure the banned agent is over-egging the story a little but as has been said, there must be some proof of these allegations and the Torygraph will drip feed the story for weeks to come.

Big Sam- he's finished and rightly so. Will enter the books of "tarnished football figures who once were thought half decent" like George Graham. With these kind of sleazy credentials I am sure he'd be welcomed with open arms as the new major investor at the Tony Macaroni stadium, Livingston.

Wouldn't be surprised at all come Jan or Feb some epl side hovering near relegation goes for him to do a red adair. Football is hopelessly corrupt.

Archived