Big Sam

LinkinFighter

I think Allardyce did f**k all wrong. Certainly JFH. I think this is a witch hunt.

If Allardyce had done nothing wrong he wouldn't have coughed up a job he'd been after for over a decade.

Eta he fought tooth n nail for years for the job then in 24 hrs just went ok bye.....bearing in mind what a shameless self promoter he is. Nah

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, dogmc said:

If Allardyce had done nothing wrong he wouldn't have coughed up a job he'd been after for over a decade.

Eta he fought tooth n nail for years for the job then in 24 hrs just went ok bye.....bearing in mind what a shameless self promoter he is. Nah

He didn't choose to leave.  The FA told him to leave as they couldn't very well be seen to be sitting on their guy while all these other chaps are being sacked or resigning for essentially the same thing while at the same time being the administrators of the national game.  It's purely because he has respect for the position that he quit.  He had no need to.

8 hours ago, Musketeer Gripweed said:

I think you are being too idealistic over this whole issue.

There is something going on. Has been for years, we all know that.  Allardyce was it iit. You know it as well as I do.  Finally a newspaper brings us evidence and you seem to be questioning their motives for some reason.

The big names will be getting named over the weekend no doubt. 

At what?  What did he do that was anything that was other than not very clever in that video?  What has been going on for years?

He didn't choose to leave.  The FA told him to leave as they couldn't very well be seen to be sitting on their guy while all these other chaps are being sacked or resigning for essentially the same thing while at the same time being the administrators of the national game.  It's purely because he has respect for the position that he quit.  He had no need to.

That seems like a very idealistic portrayal of allardyce. He's fronted out scandals before. I doubt he respects any position more than his own ego. Not trying to be deliberately argumentative just I don't see allardyce as a 'doing the noble thing' kinda guy when he's 2 months into a job he's been openly chasing for years.

Eta allardyce knows employment legislation as well as anyone. The fa can't legally 'tell him to leave'. The fa chief admitted that they hadn't even begun the formal disciplinary investigation.

That seems like a very idealistic portrayal of allardyce. He's fronted out scandals before. I doubt he respects any position more than his own ego. Not trying to be deliberately argumentative just I don't see allardyce as a 'doing the noble thing' kinda guy when he's 2 months into a job he's been openly chasing for years.

Eta allardyce knows employment legislation as well as anyone. The fa can't legally 'tell him to leave'. The fa chief admitted that they hadn't even begun the formal disciplinary investigation.

I think he was sacked. I don't think he's a stand up guy, far from it.

To put it another way, if Eric Black and Tommy Wright weren't involved, and this was just about Big Sam, on the basis of that video, he'd still be England boss.

I think he was sacked. I don't think he's a stand up guy, far from it.

To put it another way, if Eric Black and Tommy Wright weren't involved, and this was just about Big Sam, on the basis of that video, he'd still be England boss.

Think they would still have had to bin him. He's a senior employee of fa and advising someone on how to circumvent fa rules would always be a gross misconduct offence. Is it a bit like al capone being done for tax evasion rather than racketeering murder etc?....absolutely but it's still the right decision.

20 minutes ago, Ross. said:

I'm still fairly underwhelmed by the stuff that has been put forward so far. Most of it can best be described as slightly dodgy, nothing yet has been absolutely outrageous.

I agree but it's possible that the Telegraph's legal team has watered down the claims. Lawyers acting for managers may have put the Telegraph on the defensive. There may be gagging orders preventing the publication of more serious allegations. 

2 hours ago, Ross. said:

I'm still fairly underwhelmed by the stuff that has been put forward so far. Most of it can best be described as slightly dodgy, nothing yet has been absolutely outrageous.

I agree. What we've basically found out is people in a business take bungs. Struth, who knew? Oh yes, everyone.

I appreciate it's illegal but it goes on in most businesses I expect and is hardly earth shattering corruption. I expect it's only against the law as the government are missing out on their share. The Telegraph should be aiming their bungs and fraud investigations at the real crooks in goverment again, local authorities, bankers etc, sectors that genuinely effect people's lives rather than join in the 'rid football of it's lads culture' campaign. Priorities.

Archived