Big Sam

LinkinFighter

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One thing that strikes me as odd is how meekly allardyce went. He's wanted this job for years and would have expected him to fight tooth n nail to keep it. He seemed to be resigned to his fate almost immediately. Wonder if there's worse to come regarding him?

11 minutes ago, dogmc said:

One thing that strikes me as odd is how meekly allardyce went. He's wanted this job for years and would have expected him to fight tooth n nail to keep it. He seemed to be resigned to his fate almost immediately. Wonder if there's worse to come regarding him?

Totally agree must be something more to it which will rear its head in the coming weeks regarding this.if not then the fa have shown how spineless they are in not standing by the man they saw not so long ago as the man who could get results. 

14 minutes ago, dogmc said:

1. The FA probably gave him a huge pay off

2. He has so many skeleton's in his closet he knew he was fucked

It's unlikely that Allardyce has been paid off so quickly. Compromise agreements can days or weeks to agree. The Telegraph may have more dirt on him. Its MPs' expenses scandal stories were drip fed over a lengthy period. The bribery and bung revelations could finish ten or more managerial careers. 

10 minutes ago, Bishop Briggs said:

One of those has him at over £10M and another has him under £7M. It obviously doesn't really matter though, he is on a lot of money.

However, his contract is up at the end of the season anyway, and he won't be getting that kind of money again. £3M a year at his age would be a good gig.

1. The FA probably gave him a huge pay off

2. He has so many skeleton's in his closet he knew he was fucked

Number 1 I'm sure will be correct. As for 2......He comes over as a pretty shameless n brazen sort of guy, the sort that would try to front his way through this. Must be some pretty grim skeletons.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37490396

Shearer, who scored 30 goals in 63 caps, said: "I'm angry at the whole situation. I didn't think England could stoop any lower from what happened in the summer at the Euros. Now here we are, a laughing stock of world football."

Also enjoyed the snippet of Chris Waddle I caught earlier on 5live, along the lines of 'where are all the good English coaches?  There aren't any because they're garbage, our entire set up is garbage".

giphy (1).gif

3 minutes ago, Musketeer Gripweed said:

One of those has him at over £10M and another has him under £7M. It obviously doesn't really matter though, he is on a lot of money.

However, his contract is up at the end of the season anyway, and he won't be getting that kind of money again. £3M a year at his age would be a good gig.

Wenger signed new contracts just as his previous deals were about to expire. Only the Express is convinced that he will be replaced...

Dunno he does seem to have arsenal board firmly under his thumb. Don't see them offering him a reduced deal especially now that tv cash has gone up so much.

Apologies if this has been discussed already but I see The Telegraph are claiming that eight Premier League managers have taken bungs:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/09/27/exclusive-eight-premier-league-managers-took-transfer-bungs-clai/

The thing that strikes me is that this greed is fuelled by the astronomical sums of money flowing through the game in England.

Ironically enough, the game is funded by Sky who are currently giving the story the full state funeral treatment.

The whole shooting match is corrupt.

Apologies if this has been discussed already but I see The Telegraph are claiming that eight Premier League managers have taken bungs:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/09/27/exclusive-eight-premier-league-managers-took-transfer-bungs-clai/

Think this is why Southgate is getting 4 games. They need to know who is compromised before they can hire a replacement

Archived