Caley Thistle Thread 1994 - 2017

• Replies 704
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Twitter account said there will be an announcement but didn't say when.

The Twitter account is an absolute embarrassment tbh.  The official statements and stuff that comes out on it is a joke.

Ah right, thought it was today. Heard it from a season ticket holder, another pal said to me that the board have told the BBC there will be an announcement about "the club going forward" but not seen it myself so dunno if it'll be today or not. Sounded like it but who knows with this shower

42 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

The Twitter account is an absolute embarrassment tbh.  The official statements and stuff that comes out on it is a joke.

It's more the attention-seeking side to the Twitter page I hate.  Horrific attempts to be funny, ridiculous 'commentary' and all in all, it seems like some attention seeker's plaything to make people pay attention to him for once.

10 minutes ago, Highland Capital said:

I heard yesterday that Alan Savage and Dougie Macgillivray are joining the board this week.  Could be nonsense though.

Would probably herald Grassa's return too then? Totally agree Cameron has to go, 100% but unsure who would step up to be chairman then and can't see him falling on his sword. Any thoughts?

Goooooooooooooooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaallllllllllllllllllll!

14 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Goooooooooooooooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaallllllllllllllllllll!

^^^^^^^^^^^^ 

Attention seeker found!

Savage Henry in look at me shocker!

The twitter page used to be funny, especially around the time of the Josh Meekings stuff and the time it ripped into Anthony Stokes when he tweeted about travelling all the way just to sit in the stand. It's cringey as f**k 99% of the time though

See ya Kenny, see ya pal.

It's  too long, not "to long". 

We're very grateful for our magnificent north and south stands which have recently been transferred from a balance sheet for whatever worthless reason and also for our portacabin and .......... err ........ I wish you well.

Is it now time for your mentor to also remove himself to spend more time with his land bank?

36 minutes ago, Jarballs said:

Ach well, it's a start I suppose.... Even if it's the sort of speech or announcement someone makes at their retirement do when they have just reached the age of 65. I'm a wee bit surprised that there has been no apology for the kind of the kind of season we supporters have had to endure, and of of course the R word doesn't even get a mention, or what direction the club might be pursuing from here.

Now that Willie has been confirmed as Kenny Cameron's replacement, hopefully within 24-48hrs a decision regarding Richie can have been made.

Imho he has to go, his comment about bad apples was just ludicrous and imho, shows he's lost the dressing room plus even Michael Stewart and Steven Thompson say it'd be mad if he remains, Michael stating that we WON'T come right back up with him at the helm.

Some on Caleythistleonline forum seem to favour Darren Dods, imho, not a bad shout, give him Barry Wilson or Charlie Christie as assistant but I can't see him leave Brechin nor do I see us paying for him.

Others mention Paul Hartley, that's a no from me, Paul Sheerin: again compensation issue but I'd be in favour of him or Mo Malpas: Please god, NO.

Despite the compensation issue, I'd vote for Darren Dods for manager and hopefully he succeeds in getting us straight back up :).

From what I've read Kenny Cameron was at odds with the board over keeping Richie Foran, Richard Smith quit the board for that reason. Looks like quite a power struggle going on. Don't know what going to happen with the Richie Foran if all those who wanted to have a change of manager are quiting, but hopefully any new faces coming in can see sense.

I'm actually quite sad to see Kenny Cameron leave, he did a lot for the club and the support.

I'm going to take a wild swing at this and say imagine if Richie Foran was punted, but instead of losing his employment with ICT he was moved upstairs?

I'm pretty sure Richie Foran as a player was our biggest earner, his wage as manager might be as much if not even more than Butcher or Hughes???

I can see something like a compromise here to allow someone else to come in and take the managers post and the club avoid taking the hit over compensation. Richie Foran in a Graham Bennett role?

Archived