Caley Thistle Thread 1994 - 2017

3 minutes ago, distresseduke said:

Interesting stuff ....foran "we'll come back up next season....Tremarco.. "We will be back to where we belong"....even if united go up & factoring parachute money in ICT will be vying with comfortably bigger clubs at the top of the league in Falkirk..St Mirren..Dunfermline...id be extremely surprised if you came higher than third

:lol:

• Replies 704
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looking forward to trips to Inverness and Brechin next season, not sure if the liver will be able to handle it.

The Championship is a total whore of a league, we're already going to be down here for our 3rd season at the very least and to be honest we were 1 more defeat away from League One.

My advice would be if you do get rid of Foran, don't bring in Alex Rae.

10 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

:lol:

I didn't include irelevent diddies like Morton with 1500 fans as obviously ICT are a bigger club...Falkirk have over 3000 ticket holders & averaged above 5000 in the championship...Morten will be back fighting relegation after their freak top 4 finish

Falkirk fan in crowd-wanking shock.

In all seriousness, far too early to say how next season's likely to go. It would be no surprise at all if you had a St. Mirren-esque first season down and ending up languishing in the bottom half, particularly if Foran remains in charge, while it also wouldn't be a surprise to see you go straight back up like the last time. Obviously that squad needs far more work than your last time down, but you're still really just a competent manager away from sorting yourselves out. Whether your board are sensible enough to get rid of the incompetent diddy you've got now remains to be seen, of course.

3 hours ago, Staggie#Wearethehighlands said:

FWIW I think you'll come back a stronger and better club.

Cheers for this, but I doubt very much that if we come back - and for the foreseeable future it's a big if - we'll go on to the sort of success that we achieved after coming up last time. There was to some extent an element of the stars aligning for the club between 2010 and 2015, with several unknowns signed on free transfers - Hayes, Rooney, Mckay, Meekings, Warren, Draper, Tansey, Watkins - proving to be far more effective players at this level than probably anyone had anticipated, and coinciding with the flourishing of the two best talents the club has ever brought through in Shinnie and Christie. At the end of 2015, with us eight points clear in third, Scottish Cup champions and in Europe, I was pretty convinced that the club had probably reached its high-water mark in terms of on-field success and knew that we would inevitably lose key players on the back of it.

However, it's one thing for an individual supporter to privately acknowledge this; it's quite another for the board, as they seem to have done, to assume the same and to make precious little effort to try to build on the success and to make the club more attractive to investors, players and most importantly of all, the local community. Falkirk, Dunfermline and certainly St Mirren are undoubtedly bigger clubs, but a lot of that is to do with the stronger presence each occupies within its community despite, like Inverness, facing the drain of potential supporters to the old firm. It's surely not just a matter of these being older clubs with more 'history' either; maybe it's just my skewed central-belt perception, but County seems to occupy a far more central role in the Dingwall/Ross-shire community than ICT does in Inverness.           

I didn't include irelevent diddies like Morton with 1500 fans as obviously ICT are a bigger club...Falkirk have over 3000 ticket holders & averaged above 5000 in the championship...Morten will be back fighting relegation after their freak top 4 finish

And that gormless fanbase proved decisive when you failed to win any of the five games between the clubs this season and then spectacularly bottled the playoffs in your own three-sided hovel.

1495370378938.jpg

1495370432150.jpg

Falkirk fan in crowd-wanking shock.
In all seriousness, far too early to say how next season's likely to go. It would be no surprise at all if you had a St. Mirren-esque first season down and ending up languishing in the bottom half, particularly if Foran remains in charge, while it also wouldn't be a surprise to see you go straight back up like the last time. Obviously that squad needs far more work than your last time down, but you're still really just a competent manager away from sorting yourselves out. Whether your board are sensible enough to get rid of the incompetent diddy you've got now remains to be seen, of course.

Surely the issue is whether the club could afford to get rid of Foran. The claim that clubs typically place relegation clauses is often made on here without evidence to support it; if Inverness weren't seriously concerned about a relegation battle last summer then there's no reason why their board would have insisted those clauses. There aren't good reasons for the players and management team to do so either.

Inverness don't have the core squad of quality players (including Foran IIRC) that allowed them to quickly rebuild and walk the league as they did last time. They could add those players in the summer but given the real doubts about their manager as well it's difficult to see them being ready for a title challenge by August.

8 hours ago, Silverton End said:

What are the Pubs like up there, any alcohol outlets near the Stadium? Never had the pleasure of visiting Inverness, believe there's a nice river, we have a river too.

Sorry you got relegated btw.

Shite stadium, built near a dump, and is 20/30 minutes walk from any pubs. But apart from that..

I was at the game at a hospitality table yesterday. Better team won and it wasn't too bad a game. Although I'm from the town I'm not an ICT fan but I do want them to do well.

The board at ICT are lazy and take their punters for granted. It's like a wee petty pissing contest between business guys with no real direction or will to drive the club on.
The stadium and facilities are really poor. There was a lot of talk about huge changes at board level amongst guys and who are business fella's saying to pretty much watch the space as change is afoot. Anyone hear anything?

The protest at the front door was funny. Didn't know Inverness had so many wee neds.

Cheerio lads. Genuinely sad to see you go down, but sure you'll be back up soon enough.

Every season I hope Kilmarnock will just GTF.

Must be shit getting disappointed every year for a quarter of a century.

9cb367cf0065d7149e53c2bf1a6f9190.jpg

2 hours ago, jim999 said:

I was at the game at a hospitality table yesterday. Better team won and it wasn't too bad a game. Although I'm from the town I'm not an ICT fan but I do want them to do well.

The board at ICT are lazy and take their punters for granted. It's like a wee petty pissing contest between business guys with no real direction or will to drive the club on.
The stadium and facilities are really poor. There was a lot of talk about huge changes at board level amongst guys and who are business fella's saying to pretty much watch the space as change is afoot. Anyone hear anything?

The protest at the front door was funny. Didn't know Inverness had so many wee neds.

Encouraging for the future that we have our own young team that have chosen to support a better class of club than some spiteful weegie outfit.

There's going to be a joke yeah if our manager keeps his job, the one about there are two things that would survive a nuclear attack, cockroaches and Richie Foran's 4 year contract. :ph34r:

I think Hearts would be more likely for him. They could pay a wage he'd expect, seems a better fit for all parties and I would not shed a tear if we didn't get him 

He could help decorate their new stand after training, a duel role if you like ????

If it's truly the hope that kills you, you must be in a right fucking state after 25 years.

He must be sitting in a corner chewing on his crayons by now.....

Noticed there's an Inverness Thistle AFC playing in the Inverness Amateurs this season in the top league (one of the teams name changed) They play in the red and black stripped shirts, black shorts as well.

Could be interesting to see how they get on, so far not to bad in the league.

Image result for inverness thistle afc

Image result for mcewan fraser legal inverness thistle

Archived