England v Scotland

tartanspark

1 minute ago, Contra said:

Clearly no one has seen Forrest play this season then.

Aye i seen him come on against Lithuania miss an open goal and do f**k all else.

Bloke is a passenger at international level, don't care if he looks like messi v kilmarnock. 

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Contra said:

All very well scoring good goals against St Johnstone and the like but he has been found wanting in the big European games, so much so that you forget he's playing. 

1 minute ago, Jambomo said:

Brutal defence. Hopefully Wallace getting torn to shreds will stop Strachan and Rangers fans everywhere from thinking he should be anywhere near the team.

Surely Martin is the better defender between him and Hanley?

Given he plays every week and Hanley is in the reserves, yes.  And, even if not, he's a much better player.  He's the only centre half they have capable of passing a ball.

He's a wee shitebag c**t. Think my head will explode if he shites it out a tackle tonight. Producing decent performances against Ross county and Hamilton means f**k all when it comes to international football.

That team is not as bad as I feared it might be, to be honest. Happy to see Morrison starting. Berra warrants a chance at centre-back, but I am a little surprised that it is Martin rather than Hanley dropping out. Brown and Fletcher were certainties to start. Most surprising inclusion is Gordon for Marshall, probably more so than Anya for Paterson; I'm not surprised in the least by Forrest. 

I expect England to win, but I can't help feeling a slight bout of irrational pre-match optimism beginning to come on. 

2 minutes ago, tintax said:

All very well scoring good goals against St Johnstone and the like but he has been found wanting in the big European games, so much so that you forget he's playing. 

He played very well against Man City assisting a goal and was also good over in Gladbach. 

Would anyone other than Callum Paterson really rather have Callum Paterson in the team than Anya? There is of course a valid argument that Martin could start at right back, but Paterson was out of his depth against Lithuania and Anya is clearly a better option.

Archived