How would clubs make up the shortfall of money most hanging by a thread at the moment and I don't not think dropping ticket prices would increase gates by much if at all. If you buy a season ticket does it not works out about £10 a game ?? I also think like Brechin most clubs give free season tickets to school children which helps

1 hour ago, Best Team in Angus said:

How would clubs make up the shortfall of money most hanging by a thread at the moment and I don't not think dropping ticket prices would increase gates by much if at all. If you buy a season ticket does it not works out about £10 a game ?? I also think like Brechin most clubs give free season tickets to school children which helps

Quite simply, the shortfall would be made in lower wages being paid out. There are part-time players on £3-400 a week for basically 8 hours work (+travelling for away games).

If part-time clubs were to universally halve their wage bills, would the quality drop that much? I don't think so. Where are the higher earners going to go?

9 hours ago, the philosopher said:

but would Be honest, is it worth it ?

The majority o Amateur Athletes train a lot harder for zilch.

From an away point o view bus costs too '

Football in general,overrated,overpaid !

Think you will find a number of clubs in League 2 charge £13 for an Adult, not £12. Know Stirling Albion, Arbroath and Clyde I think are this price.

Yes I think football is overpriced and really the max should be £10 for this level, considering the standard of fair on offer. I have a season ticket at the Albion which works out at £9.44 per game which I think is good value. I would grudge paying £13 to watch us play at the moment.

Think you will find a number of clubs in League 2 charge £13 for an Adult, not £12. Know Stirling Albion, Arbroath and Clyde I think are this price.

Yes I think football is overpriced and really the max should be £10 for this level, considering the standard of fair on offer. I have a season ticket at the Albion which works out at £9.44 per game which I think is good value. I would grudge paying £13 to watch us play at the moment.

Only good value if u can make every game though, Only takes missing 3 or 4 games to void the savings

2 hours ago, Lichtielegend said:

Quite simply, the shortfall would be made in lower wages being paid out. There are part-time players on £3-400 a week for basically 8 hours work (+travelling for away games).

If part-time clubs were to universally halve their wage bills, would the quality drop that much? I don't think so. Where are the higher earners going to go?

You make this sound simple but fear it would not be quite so easy to implement. I would think a lot more players would drift into the Juniors 

Various ways to look at the pricing. Do you grudge the gate price? How much would you be willing to pay to watch your team? How does it compare to other forms of public entertainment?

The vast majority of us posting on this forum are real fans who attend regularly unlike the vast majority of so called football fans who only watch it on TV. I'm a third generation season ticket holding Loon and both my sons attend frequently too, the eldest also having a season ticket. I don't watch much televised football but I love being at a match whether it's watching a league 2 game, trying to focus on a Scotland match whilst inebriated, or, as a part time Tim, enjoying a European night at Parkhead. I believe nothing can beat being at the game, so for that I can be held to ransom for a ticket. Watching my boys playing on a Sunday is thankfully free lol.

How does it compare to other forms of entertainment? I enjoy Motorsport, prices are similar to football at Knockhill and Santa Pod, the format venue rivals Station Park and Gayfield for being the coldest places on Earth. More waiting around but the events last much longer. A trip to the cinema is slightly more expensive, lasts a similar amount of time but is warm and a damn sight more comfortable. "Her indoors" often cries at the end of a film whereas I don't but the Loons have reduced me to tears for good and bad reasons.

In summary, I've rambled on and not given a clear answer, I'll get my coat.....

24 minutes ago, theSilverFox said:

Various ways to look at the pricing. Do you grudge the gate price? How much would you be willing to pay to watch your team? How does it compare to other forms of public entertainment?

The vast majority of us posting on this forum are real fans who attend regularly unlike the vast majority of so called football fans who only watch it on TV. I'm a third generation season ticket holding Loon and both my sons attend frequently too, the eldest also having a season ticket. I don't watch much televised football but I love being at a match whether it's watching a league 2 game, trying to focus on a Scotland match whilst inebriated, or, as a part time Tim, enjoying a European night at Parkhead. I believe nothing can beat being at the game, so for that I can be held to ransom for a ticket. Watching my boys playing on a Sunday is thankfully free lol.

How does it compare to other forms of entertainment? I enjoy Motorsport, prices are similar to football at Knockhill and Santa Pod, the format venue rivals Station Park and Gayfield for being the coldest places on Earth. More waiting around but the events last much longer. A trip to the cinema is slightly more expensive, lasts a similar amount of time but is warm and a damn sight more comfortable. "Her indoors" often cries at the end of a film whereas I don't but the Loons have reduced me to tears for good and bad reasons.

In summary, I've rambled on and not given a clear answer, I'll get my coat.....

^^^ already inebriated ahead of the Scotland game tonight.

On 08/10/2016 at 08:38, afc_36_0 said:

League 1 & 2 should be capped at £10. £5 for u18s & free for u12s or something. Clubs need to do whatever they can to encourage crowds, especially kids

Cap the gate money cap the wages.

3 minutes ago, Hampden Diehard said:

Just to chip in...we've kept our prices for Div 1 at last year's rate of £12.  Paid £14 for the delights of Cliftonhill last week.

You don't have to pay players wages like everyone else though^_^

On 08/10/2016 at 07:00, Best Team in Angus said:

On 08/10/2016 at 08:59, Lichtielegend said:

It's always been a difficult question, but it's not helped at Station Park by this year's season ticket policy. Making it valid for league games only reduces any savings which might be made, and as one who, for various reasons, cannot make it to every home game, I would now be losing money if I got one. This means that this is the first time in over 20 years I have not bought a season ticket, and I am not the only one. I know there is a faction involved at Station Park who don't want ordinary supporters anywhere near the place, but a bit of thought from the board occasionally, and a wee bit of public relations (joke, by the way) would go a long way. As for reduced or free tickets for kids, McGregor would have a fit!

Archived