Dumbarton FC -v- Ayr United FC

There's space for about 1500 cars at the stadium, so unless you bring as many fans as Falkirk - aye. It's a pound to park, but you get a free 50/50 worth a quid for that.

Bargain!

What are the delights on offer for away fans that are hungry?

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, AUFC 1910 said:

Bargain!

What are the delights on offer for away fans that are hungry?

I've no idea, I haven't delved beyond a steak pie for about 4 years now. Think we used to do a chicken curry pie, but I've nae idea if that's still a thing.

28 minutes ago, AUFC 1910 said:

Cheers bud

How's Stevo been for you guys?

Far better than I feared he would be, given all the chat about how woefully unfit he looked for you lot last season. He's clearly the best footballer we have in the team in terms of natural ability, but quite often we struggle to get the ball far enough up the pitch for him to have as much of an impact as I'd like. I'm also pretty disappointed that he's only scored 1 long range pile driver so far - seemed to fire one in for you lot every other week last year!

His corner deliveries are sublime.

His goals last year were all spectacular efforts and probably bought a few more weeks before the fans woke up to the fact that all he had done in those games was score. Once the goals dried up he just looked like he didn't care or wasn't fit.

There have been a few stories about McCall not wanting him, which would account for the huff he seemed to be in but I don't think he or anyone at Ayr wanted him to fail or saw any pleasure in him not performing. He was dropped towards the end of the season, maybe 3-4 games too late due to form. 

Maybe he'll come back again at some point.

Grant Gallagher out for us again. Not a massive blow, especially with Buchanan and Wright back, but it does disrupt my team lineup on here. This confirms he is purely with us to annoy me.

Anyway, I'd slot Barr into CM alongside J.Thomson with Buchanan coming in at centre-half alongside Sparky. Buchanan and Barr can't play together at CB and Sparky doesn't deserve to be dropped, so it's actually solved that potential issue. Good to see Fraz back fit as well. I'd love to see him jogging* on and nodding in the winner.

*Jogging might be an exaggeration. 

28 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Agree with that, Barr in midfield to boot Harkins whenever he moves and Sparky at the back with Buchy. It's who we play up top that will determine how we do. For me Fleming and Stevo should start.

Yup, completely agree. I have a feeling Stevie will stick with Thommo though, we'll just have to hope the international break will have brought back the early season Berbatom.

Agree with that, Barr in midfield to boot Harkins whenever he moves and Sparky at the back with Buchy. It's who we play up top that will determine how we do. For me Fleming and Stevo should start.

Harkins cannot be marked! [emoji16]

Also, he usually plays up front or out on the left.

Fleming
Devlin Balatoni Meggatt Boyle
Cairney Doc
Gilly Forrest Harkins
Nisbet

Back 4 & keeper pick themselves. Think Cairney was excellent against Falkirk in what I would view as his more natural position. Gives us something different to Adams & Doc who I would say are quite similar in style. As Ryan said, would like to see Nisbet up top with Forrest just behind. If Forrest if up front on his own again I'll cry!

12 hours ago, DanielB said:

Fleming
Devlin Balatoni Meggatt Boyle
Cairney Doc
Gilly Forrest Harkins
Nisbet

Back 4 & keeper pick themselves. Think Cairney was excellent against Falkirk in what I would view as his more natural position. Gives us something different to Adams & Doc who I would say are quite similar in style. As Ryan said, would like to see Nisbet up top with Forrest just behind. If Forrest if up front on his own again I'll cry!

That's the team I see starting, you can switch it around with Gilmour dropping back in to make a midfield 3 with harkins and Forrest wide.  However, Crawford is playing great just now and with how McCall is setting the team up etc with midfielders, I would not be surprised to see Forrest start up top with Crawford in midfield.  I just think he'll think we need a bit more presence in midfield without Adams.

What i'd go with:

Fleming

Devlin  Balatoni  Meggat  Boyle

Cairney  Docherty

Forrest  Harkins  Gilmour

Nisbet

Subs: Hart, Murphy, Crawford, Donald, McGuffie, Thomas, O'Connell

What I think he'll go with:

Fleming

Devlin  Balatoni  Meggat  Boyle

Crawford  Docherty  Cairney

Gilmour       Harkins