Dumbarton FC -v- Ayr United FC

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just wait 'til you play us at Somerset by the way

This league swings back and forth very quickly.

After tannadice ayr fans were queuing up at bridges all over the town.

Couple of months later and it's a world of difference. We'll swing back again.

This league swings back and forth very quickly.

After tannadice ayr fans were queuing up at bridges all over the town.

Couple of months later and it's a world of difference. We'll swing back again.

We've not won away from home since December last year. I should've been near a bridge a long time ago!

My patience has gone, I have given Stevie the benefit of the doubt, but this isn't good enough! We are rank! We can't beat Ayr, at home, who are gonna be down there with us at the end of the season! It's fucking grim!

Sacked in the morning ? Or will he chuck it tonight ?

Surely Stevie must be considering his position tonight. That performance was so far from acceptable it was ridiculous.

No gameplan. No tactics. Too much loyalty to certain players. Baffling substitutions. Utter shambles.

Well done Ayr. You strolled that today.

McCall in "knows what he's daein" shocker!!!

There is no precedent set by McCall at ours or any other club he's managed where he's set up consistently without a recognised striker. In his opinion, he puts the best eleven on the park each week, the boys who don't figure aren't showing him enough and have only themselves to blame.

Another clean sheet. Gaun yersel Sir Ian.

First off well done Ayr. You played us off the park and fully deserved the convincing victory. You look like twice the team we are.

Not sure where to start with us. Apart from Joe Thomson (who was bizarrely subbed off) we were fuckin honking from front to back.

I'll start with Aitken... absolutely clueless. No idea who his best 11 are, no idea how to change a match, no idea how to set a team up to try and attack and no idea how to play anything other than a seriously negative 4-5-1, regardless of who the opposition is. I truly hope our board are keeping a very close eye on the situation. Always tried to defend him but I have to say my patience has ran out. The away record alone is enough to get him the bag.

I'll not even bother trying to sum up individual performaces cause I could be here all night. Simply put we are fuckin attrocious, we have no idea how to attack and the players don't look all that arsed.

Concerning.

At home, 1 up front, what a joke. What are you scared of Stevie by actually attacking a side, who are probably on par with ourselves?? Big fella up top runs his arse off with nobody alongside him. You made Ayr look like Barca (nae offence to Ayr, well deserved victory today lads) 

It's embarrassing, the empty seats in the home end say it all. Place is like a morgue.

The starting 11 are all Aitken signings and he has to take responsibility for the abject performances. Even when he brings subs on he either takes off the wrong player (Thompson) or he plays them out of position (Fleming). Stevenson is done. No pace and too lazy for my liking. Even his floated corners are irritating me. Get them in with pace so the ball can be attacked instead of the shite deliveries we're getting. I'd definitely give McCallum a go up front since he can't be any worse than Thompson who doesn't have it for this level.

Outfought and outthought today but well done to Ayr. You still had to take advantage of our shiteness!

Absolutely honking, I've said it for a few weeks now, and have been shot down, aitken has no clue, one up front at home, Buchanan left on the bench, aitken has to go now

I was one that shot u down. Not anymore! I'm on your side! He has to go

Besides the 'Aitken's Army' I doubt there's many people still believing he's the right man for the job. That's one win (v Dundee United) in our last 16 (SIXTEEN) competitive games. I don't think we have unrealistic expectations to be saying that, that is unacceptable. 

Still, Tannadice next week. Nice easy one, eh?

Archived