Dumbarton FC -v- Ayr United FC

8 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

What are you taking about? 

I believe he is saying that Forrest scored a hatrick which automatically means he is a fantastic lone striker and should play the entire season there himself. 

Forrest is still a far better player playing off a main striker. 

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, itzdrk said:

The very first thing I saw today was Forrest knocking the ball into the net, I wish I had seen the build up but that's an incredible feeling tbh. I am usually much more punctual! 

Daryll Meggatt is a bit of a headache at left back, he is better defensively than Boyle but offers almost nothing on the ball, I would stick with him but he needs an actual winger in front of him for it to work properly IMO. 

Just about to tuck in to the highlights so I'll probably pop back with a bit more. 

I think Meggatt has looked far better at left back than Boyle. 

4 hours ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Felt so sorry for one wee kid who was being dragged all over the shop by his steaming jake of a dad, because he was absolutely seething at the prices. Cut into the front of the queue, walked into the turnstile and tried to pay a fiver for him and his child to get in and when told the actual price went off on one saying he would "punch you straight through the turnstile ya c**t" whilst his young son stood looking thoroughly embarrassed.

Nah I was just delighted my dad took me to the football. 

Agree with itzdrk re meggat. I like paddy loads but Meggat is harder to get round. He's a bit clumsy trying to get control of the ball but as long as he gives it to someone else I can forgive that.

could this be where Adams's features on return beside balatoni? Personally I'd rather have Meggat beside Balatoni but if it ain't broke don't fix it. 

Having a few players who can play a few positions is helping the cause. Very content at the moment after near despair inside tannadice. Imagine we get Moore back and scoring? he's been hell of an unlucky but would almost be the equivalent of a signing should he return 

Forrest stars up front on his own again. Real tears 

What are you taking about? 

This.

I am absolutely amazed that despite being knocked out of the league cup by the second best team in the country, still being in the Irn Bru Cup at the quarter final stage, having the 3rd best recent form figures in the Championship and having kept 3 successive clean sheets that fans can take serious exception to any starting eleven named by Ian McCall at the moment.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love nothing more than a proper striker spearheading our attack, occupying defenders and bringing others into the game but I genuinely would take an entire season of Craig Levein 4-6-0 if it meant a second season in the Championship. I really think Tannadice was a watershed for McCall, he knew he had to adapt... thank f**k he did.

Nope, nor did I hear any abuse directed towards them. Did actually feel sorry for those behind the kiosk, someone above them messed up.

Let's not dwell on Dumbarton's lack of half time pies, there's worse problems in the world.

My daughter and some her pals work there and were pretty upset by some of the vile abuse directed at them

Absolutely no need for that from whoever did that. Yes....its not ideal running out of pies....it happens, but to verbally abuse young girls about it is totally unacceptable

2 minutes ago, aftershocker said:

My daughter and some her pals work there and were pretty upset by some of the vile abuse directed at them

Absolutely no need for that from whoever did that. Yes....its not ideal running out of pies....it happens, but to verbally abuse young girls about it is totally unacceptable

Hopefully CCTV is reviewed and culprits charged. We have a few mutants on away trips so not surprising. 

5 hours ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

I think Meggatt has looked far better at left back than Boyle. 

Defensively aye, use of the ball I'm not sold on.  I would keep that defence as long as they keep getting clean sheets though.  

4 hours ago, No_Problemo said:

Hopefully CCTV is reviewed and culprits charged. We have a few mutants on away trips so not surprising. 

We have them at home games too. There's a particular group of them that are immature, bigoted, racist wee fuds. 

No just the young ones. Auld guy next to me at the Falkirk game complaining about Falkirk having a black player. Genuinely thought it wasn't fair because they were playing in white shirts and dark face he was camoflgued against the combination of white walls and darkness of the terracing. Invisible out on that wing it's A disgrace that they were allowed to play in white resulting in this advantage to Falkirk. How's Devlin meant to see him?

I looked at him to see if he was trying to be funny but sadly he was spitting with rage and was deadly serious. 

9 minutes ago, young buck said:

No just the young ones. Auld guy next to me at the Falkirk game complaining about Falkirk having a black player. Genuinely thought it wasn't fair because they were playing in white shirts and dark face he was camoflgued against the combination of white walls and darkness of the terracing. Invisible out on that wing it's A disgrace that they were allowed to play in white resulting in this advantage to Falkirk. How's Devlin meant to see him?

I looked at him to see if he was trying to be funny but sadly he was spitting with rage and was deadly serious. 

That's absolutely hilarious :lol:

Was it the guy who famously managed us for a couple minutes a few seasons ago? 

Eta: great bit of missing words there "playing in white shirts and dark face" :lol:

53 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

We have them at home games too. There's a particular group of them that are immature, bigoted, racist wee fuds. 

Yep.  I've had to move cause of them. 

Archived