WWE 2K17

KD1711

26 minutes ago, KD1711 said:

Noticed this is out today, has anyone bought it? I'm wanting to buy it but want to see if it is the exact same as years before first, or if they have actually made changes to it like they say they have on this. 

Haven't bought a WWE game since it changed to 2K Sports, am fully expecting to purchase this one at some point this week.

I quite liked 16 although it did have some pretty major issues that stopped me going back to it after a while.  17 is waiting for me when I get home, not sure when I'll be able to give it a go with the Scotland game tonight though.

14 hours ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

has showcase mode been taken out? 

I don't think there's an explicit one, but is there not a lot of Brock content that pretty much makes up what could be considered showcase now?

Didn't get a chance to play it yesterday, although in hindsight it could've been an absolute trainwreck and still beat what I did end up watching...

Have managed to avoid buying WWE games for the last couple of years. They are always so disappointing.

Think I've said this on here before but the last good one was Smackdown vs RAW 2008 (or maybe 2006) when you could go general manager and fight for ratings.

Put it on for the first time last night.  Creation suite is a lot better, lots more options and the terrible load times are gone.  The move set stuff is also a lot more detailed.

However, after spending ages on that I tried to put a match on, and for some reason every time either party went near the ropes, the game slowed down massively.  It was downloading the day 1 patch, so hoping that's something they've fixed or maybe just something wrong with my PS4 at the time.  Otherwise it's pretty much unplayable.

After the last post, the slowdown issue was fixed in the first update, and quite enjoying the game.  A lot of the little niggles from 16 are gone and the career is actually enjoyable unlike the repetitive mess that was the previous one.

• 2 months later...

Any more reviews on this? Finally got it and I'm really enjoying the career mode. Seems to take ages to get a title shot... 3/4 months we've been no1 contenders for the tag titles but keep getting pointless matches at PPVs. 

On the 4th ppv I'm finally getting to fight the Champs (new day) but I'm not even with my usual partner? :lol:

Eta - the match is not for the titles. 

On 29/12/2016 at 01:56, Killiesquirrel said:

Any more reviews on this? Finally got it and I'm really enjoying the career mode. Seems to take ages to get a title shot... 3/4 months we've been no1 contenders for the tag titles but keep getting pointless matches at PPVs. 

On the 4th ppv I'm finally getting to fight the Champs (new day) but I'm not even with my usual partner? :lol:

Eta - the match is not for the titles. 

Now we are randomly No 10 in the contenders list after being No 1 for so long.. 

There are definitely some annoying bugs in career mode still.  Most annoying seems to be that you can't complete any of the Heyman challenges.  He tells you to go after someone, you feud with them, beat them soundly, then it says you lose the rivalry.  

The biggest part of it though is that it takes so...fucking...long to do anything in career mode.  I understand why, and it'd be worse if it was some FIFA the Journey-esque ten minute job, but it's incredibly repetitive as it is.  It took me a whole lot of hours to get myself to the US Championship, and now trying to go for the Intercontinental too.  Ranked 8th I think, but any attempt to feud with the champion to try and get a shot doesn't work, and I'm defending my title each PPV, pretty much against Finn Balor every time.  Would be nice if they could make it a little faster, as there's no way I'm putting in enough time that it would take to "complete" it.  

Still though, it's easily the best game they've put out.  They've made enough changes to the problems there were with 16 to make it worthwhile.  It's the closest they've got to the real flow of a match too.  You can have some absolute back and forth classics really easily rather than having squash matches either way like in previous ones.  Definitely worth picking up if you can get it reduced.

2 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

Career mode is very realistic - every time I face Cena, the Authority challenge says I have to lose to him

:lol:

Interestingly, this time around they've really toned him down.  On 16 he was brutal, highest-rated and I had to cheat to beat him for the US title.  He's not as bad now

• 2 weeks later...

Finally won the US title at wrestlemania. Won it in a 6 man battle royal whilst being No5 contender :lol:. 

Read online that you can't compete in Mitb and rumble if you're a champion, so I joined the WHC division and dropped my belt, then I've won money in the bank at No8 contender and cashed in on Lesnar the next night and I'm champion, yass. 

Archived