How big your clubs ground should be

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Menzel said:

So maths is of more importance than being able to communicate in your first language?

I manage to communicate fine, maths is far more integral to my being than grammar.

10 hours ago, Marr1 said:

Aberdeen

Current Capacity - 22,000
Average Attendance - 13,807
Size of City - 220,000
My opinion on what they need - 25,000

Aberdeen would probably fill a new stadium on a regular basis, more than 10x a season, especially if they charged £20 rather than £26.

What could your reasoning for this silly statement possibly be? There is absolutely zero evidence to back it up. Aberdeen having a stadium capacity of 25,000 would be ludicrous.

"Victoria Park is ample for what Ross County need at the minute. Highland derbies are the only games that would ever near sell out."

i don't disagree that the size

by the way Hamlet is an English term, Town will do nicely.

Just speaking in the Queens English like they do up there

I think too many grounds are too big.  Makes for a poorer atmosphere and I would prioritise the experience for supporters that go regularly.  If part-timers can't get a ticket for one big game a season, that's too bad.  I'd go:

Aberdeen - new stadium around 21,000 sounds about right as they'll pick up fans in the initial buzz.  If staying put then about 17,000.

Celtic - about fine the way it is with just the bottom tier holding 35000 (actual attendance, not sales) or so perfect for most games, with the option of 60,000 for big European and old firm matches.

Dundee - 10,000.. do up the sides, don't move.

Hamilton Accies - fine size wise, but put in a few rows of terracing on the two empty sides. Grounds need 4 sides.

Hearts - 25,000 to give us a neutral semi final ground on the east side. 

Inverness Caley Thistle - right size, need to do something on the A9 side

Kilmarnock - 8000

Motherwell - 8000

Partick Thistle - 8000 but needs a fourth stand. So refurbish the main to have less seats but more space and hospitality etc, and stick a few rows at the empty end behind the goal.

Rangers - about right

Ross County - perfect 

St Johnstone - 8000. Keep Main Stand but demolish the rest and build steeper, closer to the pitch, with more space between rows, more supporters bars and catering facilities, include terracing/ safe standing

Games for Celtic and rangers at the other grounds apart from Tynecastle and Pittodrie are just home matches at someone else's stadium.  Smaller grounds at these other clubs might help alleviate that and reduce one of their many advantages, as well as providing better atmospheres at most other fixtures throughout the season.

Archived