How big your clubs ground should be

2 hours ago, TheScarf said:

Reminds me of last season when County paraded the loser League Cup in front of the then Scottish Cup champions ICT fans.  Even the County players looked embarrassed.

Adding the bit where they paraded it AFTER the game which they had just lost 3-0 to us as well....

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, sean127 said:

Adding the bit where they paraded it AFTER the game which they had just lost 3-0 to us as well....

I forgot about that.  We had just ruined them on their own patch, as usual.

4 hours ago, Costanza said:

We were relegated in 2001-02

Ok cheers.. HJ said that originally as well, it was me that wrote it wrong.

4 hours ago, Costanza said:

Was only a fiver to get in I think. Great atmosphere. Must be biggest away support Saints have taken to a game?

How many was it, I thought about 3000 or something, but I can't really remember the exact figure?

The biggest away support for a league game I can remember us taking was 4500 to Tannadice in our first season back in the premier under Totten.  We were coming off the back of that unbelievable run (at that time) of 5-0 v Aberdeen, drawing with Celtic and Rangers and a 3-2 win at Tynecastle. 1990-91 I think that would have been..

How many was it, I thought about 3000 or something, but I can't really remember the exact figure?

The biggest away support for a league game I can remember us taking was 4500 to Tannadice in our first season back in the premier under Totten.  We were coming off the back of that unbelievable run (at that time) of 5-0 v Aberdeen, drawing with Celtic and Rangers and a 3-2 win at Tynecastle. 1990-91 I think that would have been..

Yeah think it was 3000-3500. Was at that game at Tannadice too. Were there really 4,500 Saints fans there?! Can remember great crowd but didn't realise that many. Did we win 2-1? What a run of games that was, brilliant.

18 hours ago, TheScarf said:

Reminds me of last season when County paraded the loser League Cup in front of the then Scottish Cup champions ICT fans.  Even the County players looked embarrassed.

Hearts done the very same to our neighbours after their League cup win.

Hibs had planned a cup parade round the stadium after the derby...that was never going to go well.  Hearts beat Hibs and Hearts supporters are in party mood  giving it the Big Cup - Wee cup routine, while the Hibbies are sick as dogs.

Hearts supporters decide that they want to stay behind at the end to have a laugh at the wee cup parade, but Hibs refuse to start their celebrations until the last Hearts fan is removed.

Took an age for the Hearts fans to leave, but the League Cup was eventually paraded round a three quarters empty stadium by a few sheepish players.  

You can understand why we've gotten under a few of their skins. :)

Hearts done the very same to our neighbours after their League cup win.

Hibs had planned a cup parade round the stadium after the derby...that was never going to go well.  Hearts beat Hibs and Hearts supporters are in party mood  giving it the Big Cup - Wee cup routine, while the Hibbies are sick as dogs.

Hearts supporters decide that they want to stay behind at the end to have a laugh at the wee cup parade, but Hibs refuse to start their celebrations until the last Hearts fan is removed.

Took an age for the Hearts fans to leave, but the League Cup was eventually paraded round a three quarters empty stadium by a few sheepish players.  

You can understand why we've gotten under a few of their skins. [emoji4]

Another great idea from the powers that be, was that a 1-0 win for Hearts that game?

13 hours ago, Costanza said:

Yeah think it was 3000-3500. Was at that game at Tannadice too. Were there really 4,500 Saints fans there?! Can remember great crowd but didn't realise that many. Did we win 2-1? What a run of games that was, brilliant.

Yes 2-1, pretty sure John Inglis scored a rare goal for us that day.

You have stated the population of Glasgow as 606,000.

In reality it's nearer 2 million - as suburbs like Rutherglen, Bishopbriggs, Bearsden and Clydebank all fall out with the city limits.

The unwashed have a much bigger area to get support from, bar the few more sophisticated types that stick with their local club.

I would only accept a reduction in our stadiums capacity if it meant replacing a stand with a standing terrace.

10,000 is the magic number anyway. If you've got the magical 10 grand then you're sweet as. Anything less than that and you've probably got a mickey mouse stadium.

Archived