Scotland/UKs jailing system

Dindeleux

I'm sure this will surprise no-one but I'm reading this story on BBC news about a guy who is classed as violent and has now absconded from Castle Huntly prison.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-tayside-central-37685947

Now I'm all for prisoner rehabilitation etc but surely if someone has a history of violence they should not be getting periods of leave or put in Castle Huntly.  I did a bit of searching on his name and found the original story when he was jailed http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-26734939

So the guy has stabbed someone multiple times, been bailed awaiting court and during that period of bail has then threatened the victim with an axe.  He has then been jailed for 6 and a half years in March 2014 but somehow is getting leave from prison only 2 and a half years later.

I read the links, I'm trying to work out how he chibbed the boxer repeatedly up the arse? Did they come together like in a boxing ring where both fighters grab each other in an embrace with 1 arm then try punching the other with the free hand or did the boxer run off & the crim chased him like a 4x100 metre relay race but instead of passing the baton it was the knife hitting the front runner up the jacksy?  

I'm away to Huntly next Saturday, is it nearby Castle Huntly? 

Grimbo

1 minute ago, throbber said:

Castle Huntly is just outside Dundee and Huntly is near Aberdeen. 

Cheers Throbs, so I'll be safe then, unless for the high jinks the crim is hiding in the Huntly vacinity? 

Just my luck eh? Is there a decent chipper in Huntly? 

Grimbo 

We could do an "Escape from New York" and build a wall around some dump to make it a maximum security prison. Paisley for example...

escape from new york.jpg

this character from the film does look like yer average denizen of Paisley right enough...

Archived