Nintendo Switch

bunglebonce

On 03/03/2017 at 13:55, Ramagamma said:

Nah mate if you are buying it with your son in mind that's fine. I was nine once, I used to think Sonic games were good. Taste only develops with experience, unless you are a nintendo fan, then it just stagnates.

Sonic games still are good. I recently downloaded one on my Xbox 360. I also downloaded Grand Theft Auto San Andreas and the remake of Resident Evil. 

19 hours ago, Dindeleux said:

This is one of my main gripes with PC gaming community.  Constantly going on about frame rate, resolution etc.  I would always put gameplay above graphics - hence why some of the older great games are just as much, if not more, fun than some new releases.

Agreed fully, which is why GTA San Andreas is still the best GTA game.

1 minute ago, Ramagamma said:

Gratz on playing ancient games everyone else was done with 15 years ago.

Thanks. What's your favourite mission on it? Managed to take over all the hoods but didn't get anything for doing so, which was a bit disappointing. Some of them are hard to do given they are tiny wee areas.

2 hours ago, Ramagamma said:

Gratz on playing ancient games everyone else was done with 15 years ago.

What is the cut off for playing games then?  I still play Call of Duty Black Ops every now and then which was released in 2010.  Must be pretty close to ancient?

What is the cut off for playing games then?  I still play Call of Duty Black Ops every now and then which was released in 2010.  Must be pretty close to ancient?

I mean yeah nice effort at an ironic Shitpost but playing black ops in 2017 sounds a bit dim to me and that's without considering how thoroughly amazing this year has been for videogames so far.

Like at what point do you not get into the latest CoD or even better why would you play a 7 year old multiplayer shooter whose autistic ADHD fanbase rushes off to buy the latest carbon copy sequel at 1201 every launchday.

1 hour ago, Ramagamma said:

I mean yeah nice effort at an ironic Shitpost but playing black ops in 2017 sounds a bit dim to me and that's without considering how thoroughly amazing this year has been for videogames so far.

Like at what point do you not get into the latest CoD or even better why would you play a 7 year old multiplayer shooter whose autistic ADHD fanbase rushes off to buy the latest carbon copy sequel at 1201 every launchday.

I'm sure scores of folk on here are going to lose sleep trying to adhere to your high standards of what is and isn't acceptable in gaming. 

For the record, I still play CM01/02, so bite my ring. :)

I'm not saying folk should be loosing sleep, you've made that one up yourself.

I'm just pointing out playing a version of call of duty that has been re-iterated half a dozen times since is a bit dim. If that's your idea of fun then fair enough. Simpletons are easily entertained.

Attacks others for blindly buying the latest games machines as fashion dictates.
Insists on playing only the very latest games that fashion dictates.

Tremendous. More, please.

i sometimes load up an emulator and batter into a link to the past, wonder how that fairs on the meltdown chart

It's still a great game and holds up I think. I sometimes wonder if I only like it for nostalgic reasons but I enjoy playing it so much that I think it's just because it's a good quality game.

6 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Sonic games still are good. I recently downloaded one on my Xbox 360. I also downloaded Grand Theft Auto San Andreas and the remake of Resident Evil. 

Agreed fully, which is why GTA San Andreas is still the best GTA game.

the resident evil remake was an absolute classic, hopefully resi 2 remake is just as goos as what they did to the first one

3 minutes ago, jmothecat said:

It's still a great game and holds up I think. I sometimes wonder if I only like it for nostalgic reasons but I enjoy playing it so much that I think it's just because it's a good quality game.

nostalgia certainly plays its part, however when you actually look at the game, there is so much to do for a game of its time, and the dungeons were fantastically thought out and designed, its also quite smart in that it feels like an open world type game but actually the game nudges you constantly in the direction you need to go rather than letting you wander about aimlessly, so you feel the action never stops

2 minutes ago, 54_and_counting said:

the resident evil remake was an absolute classic, hopefully resi 2 remake is just as goos as what they did to the first one

I'm very much enjoying it so far. Thought it would have the same puzzles but pleasantly surprised to find otherwise.

Hold up; they're doing a remake of 2?! That's by far the best Resident Evil game, and one of my favourite games ever

3 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

I'm very much enjoying it so far. Thought it would have the same puzzles but pleasantly surprised to find otherwise.

Hold up; they're doing a remake of 2?! That's by far the best Resident Evil game, and one of my favourite games ever

the fact they added a lot of content to the remake was surprising, the extra parts of the mansion, graveyard etc, yeah there was a over the top fan remake in the works for resi 2 that was apparently a good chunk of the way into development when capcom contacted them, asked them to stop development and invited them to work with the dev team on their own remake

it will sell by the fucking barrowload if they remake it in the same mould as the original, i'll defo buy it