Sons v Pars

2 hours ago, D.A.F.C said:

I think he lacks confidence. The move from Ayr and other things might have effected him? For me he is the best link up player we have at the club and a better option than Reilly. 

There's no doubt confidence is a factor with him. So many Scottish players lack the self confidence (social skills?) to do well in a new environment. They don't settle in a new team or new country and end up back in their comfort zone. Moff sometimes looks crippled with nerves when he has to take a shot but there's no questioning his ability. The way he can control a ball and turn players is a gift, just a shame we've never been able to get him believing in himself and carrying the team like he did at Ayr or like Faissal did for us last year. 

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree with Grant it's hard to pick anything positive about Reilly. He does run about a lot but most of it is pointless. He just disappears in games.

No aerial threat, can't  hold the ball up, lack of goals. Everything we don't need when we play long balls. I blame the manager for getting him in also, he's not a long ball striker. Farid is much more suited. 

Reilly makes some good runs and has a bit of pace so playing balls into the channels for him to run onto isn't the worst idea. The problem is that if he does get on the end of them, there is never anyone else up who he can pass to. Either the other striker is wide or hasn't caught up with him yet or the midfielders are still in the centre circle. The gaps between our lines are far too bug anyway, but playing these types of balls just makes it look 10 times worse.

We absolutely hammered Dumbarton 4-3 in the last game. Despite the positive result, that game sums up our problems this season. Even the other win against an awful St Mirren, we struggled to put to bed. We've not looked capable of a comfortable anything all season.

1 hour ago, gingapar said:

We absolutely hammered Dumbarton 4-3 in the last game. Despite the positive result, that game sums up our problems this season. Even the other win against an awful St Mirren, we struggled to put to bed. We've not looked capable of a comfortable anything all season.

That was a weird game.

For all the Dunfermline possession - and at times it felt absolutely dominant - the Pars didnt create as many clear cut chances as they should have. On the flip side the Dumbarton penalties were deserved but the score hides how poor we were.

I expect it to be a much closer game today. Whether its a different outcome or not, I can't see it being 4-3. I think it'll be 1-0 or 2-1 but I'm not sure which side will bag the winner.

Archived