Sons v Pars

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Because we have a manager who refuses to set a team up to attack. If we'd played like we did after Cardle's goal for the whole game we'd have won. As it is we sat back for a solid 80 minutes and offered nothing.

That point doesn't really suit either of us.

I don't think its down to Stevie refusing to set up to attack opponents, he simply doesn't know how to.

Not good enough. Our home form is supposed to save us and we serve up such inconsistency it's unreal. No disrespect to the Pars but that was there for the taking. Cardle came on and we gave him the freedom of Dumbarton. Do we not learn? Do we not see Cardle rip us apart every time and think "maybe we should do something about him?". When we eventually fell behind we decided that Dunfermline weren't very good and put them under pressure and we had some luck. We are hanging on for dear life. No game plan, no urgency, no idea of who plays best where, just pick 11 and see what they do. With every game I become less convinced that our management team know what they're doing, I cannot fathom what our plan is to win games. Another chanced missed and we now need to go to St Mirren looking for 3 points. f**k knows what we do from here, but I'll be looking out my seaside map if we take anything less than 3 points next week.

I think he just about got the tactics right today. I thought we just about shaded first half on chances, but struggled a bit to handle Cardle and it looked like game had gone when they got the second. We then could have won it at the end

Just now, aftershocker said:

I think he just about got the tactics right today. I thought we just about shaded first half on chances, but struggled a bit to handle Cardle and it looked like game had gone when they got the second. We then could have won it at the end

Seen as you think we got the tactics right, do you fancy telling us what they were? All I watched today was kick it long and see what happens, don't anticipate anything. When we actually made some passes when Dunfermline went 2-1 up was the only time we looked dangerous. We have no tactics in my opinion.

Another 2 points dropped at home, for me. Two totally turgid teams on the pitch today.

Andy Stirling certainly livened things up and Fleming gave his all. 

Disappointing stuff again though, constant long balls, hoofed up the park, hoping for a lucky breakaway. A few times some decent balls found their way into the Pars' penalty area & nobody on the end of them. Pish 

17 minutes ago, aftershocker said:

Its surely about survival this season. We are firm favourites to be relegated, and if we play open expansive football we will get pumped as our players are not as good as our opponents

Currently we're playing turgid*, miserable football and we won't be staying up. We attacked Dunfermline for the last 8 minutes of the game today and could've won it, if we'd even looked remotely interested in attacking them before that we would've got a massive three points,

As it is they were rancid and, even if they had better players (which individually they do) they certainly didn't show it.

We dropped points at home to a below par Queen of the South, utterly woeful St Mirren and now very, very poor Dunfermline. That ain't going to keep us up.

2 minutes ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

Currently we're playing turgid, miserable football and we won't be staying up. We attacked Dunfermline for the last 8 minutes of the game today and could've won it, if we'd even looked remotely interested in attacking them before that we would've got a massive three points,

As it is they were rancid and, even if they had better players (which individually they do) they certainly didn't show it.

We dropped points at home to a below par Queen of the South, utterly woeful St Mirren and now very, very poor Dunfermline. That ain't going to keep us up.

Exactly this.

I used 'turgid' before ye though :P

Dunfermline weren't good until Cardle came on. We deserved to be 1-0 up for being slightly less pish than the Pars. Neither team really looked good going forward but Fleming done well to get the ball into the box in the build up for the opener. I thought both Dunfermline goals came from poor Dumbarton defending and Martin could have gifted another after some poor play with the ball at his feet. The last 10 minutes were all Dumbarton and many fans will have left the ground wondering why we couldn't have seen more of that during the rest of the game?

A draw was probably a fair result. If we could have made it 2 the I'm not sure that Dunfermline would have got back into the game. But we didnt and they did. Watching the last 10 minutes, you couldn't help but wonder why we couldn't have done it more often today?

2 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

AJ trotting out the same pish after the game again, even laughing about Buckie.

Getting annoyed at him now, his arrogance and failure to admit he's messing it up every week.

:lol: This gave me images of Johnson and Aitken sitting down in a room somewhere at the stadium sharing a bottle of Buckie in wee plastic cups. English Premier League and £200 bottles of wine after the game it is not 

Dunfermline arent far off being a really decent team; their front line is very decent.

Im happy with the point and the we played late on, but i thought we were off it in the first half when the midfield 3 were ineffectual.

Not sure whether the first goal is aldo or buckys fault but it was a gift.  However, i think the highlights would show the defending at flemings equaliser to be even worse, gaz shields the arriving ball easily before controlling it very well.

What are the dunfermline fans expectations this year; playoff at the top?

Just now, sonsanorak said:

Dunfermline arent far off being a really decent team; their front line is very decent.

Im happy with the point and the we played late on, but i thought we were off it in the first half when the midfield 3 were ineffectual.

Not sure whether the first goal is aldo or buckys fault but it was a gift.  However, i think the highlights would show the defending at flemings equaliser to be even worse, gaz shields the arriving ball easily before controlling it very well.

What are the dunfermline fans expectations this year; playoff at the top?

We keep hearing this but they've still to show it. We're poo imo. We've got a core there that should be comfortably staying up but the defence is quite poor though and it gets chopped and changed every single week.

Most fans expected a 5th or 6th place finish. Only AJ and a few head-the-bals touted us for top 4. 

Total hot garbage from both teams. The equaliser we gifted was comical.

I've going to Pars games since 1990 and today was the 5th time I had to shite at a game. I blame the dodgy pint of Carlsberg I got in The Stag's Head. Today was also the 4th goal I've missed in my time seeing the Pars (our first). The others were Petrie against St Mirren in 2000 at East End, Tam McManus vs Dundee Utd at East End in 06/07 and some Celtic goal against us when they beat us 2-4 at East End in the Scottish Cup (Graham scored a penalty for us).

Anyway; today we were pish. I actually can ser what the manager wad thinking with Wedderburn and think it may work in some games. Was annoyed that he wasn't allowed to go up for corners though.

Nice macaroni pie I had today

Alright performance first half.

Second half was dire, apart from the last 10mins. Yes the players didn't perform but the blame for the two points dropped lie squarely at the door of the management team. What ever they said to the players at half killed them and were slow to respond when it wasn't working in the second half. 

I don't like labeling games as must win but next weekend will be a massive game for us.

Archived