Sons v Pars

1 hour ago, The Moonster said:

Not good enough. Our home form is supposed to save us and we serve up such inconsistency it's unreal. No disrespect to the Pars but that was there for the taking. Cardle came on and we gave him the freedom of Dumbarton. Do we not learn? Do we not see Cardle rip us apart every time and think "maybe we should do something about him?". When we eventually fell behind we decided that Dunfermline weren't very good and put them under pressure and we had some luck. We are hanging on for dear life. No game plan, no urgency, no idea of who plays best where, just pick 11 and see what they do. With every game I become less convinced that our management team know what they're doing, I cannot fathom what our plan is to win games. Another chanced missed and we now need to go to St Mirren looking for 3 points. f**k knows what we do from here, but I'll be looking out my seaside map if we take anything less than 3 points next week.

I don't disagree with the above Moonster but please allow some of us a little smirk, as it doesn't seem too long ago that you were on here berating the peddlers of 'doom and gloom' :whistle  The shortcomings have been evident since the early days of this season, and we may just have to accept that the rollercoaster car marked DFC is now pointed firmly downwards.

Facts are chiels that winna ding, as Lee Mair might have written.

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Total hot garbage from both teams. The equaliser we gifted was comical.

I've going to Pars games since 1990 and today was the 5th time I had to shite at a game. I blame the dodgy pint of Carlsberg I got in The Stag's Head. Today was also the 4th goal I've missed in my time seeing the Pars (our first). The others were Petrie against St Mirren in 2000 at East End, Tam McManus vs Dundee Utd at East End in 06/07 and some Celtic goal against us when they beat us 2-4 at East End in the Scottish Cup (Graham scored a penalty for us).

Anyway; today we were pish. I actually can ser what the manager wad thinking with Wedderburn and think it may work in some games. Was annoyed that he wasn't allowed to go up for corners though.

Nice macaroni pie I had today

I've never got wedderburn as a footballer. I thought he was awful with cowdenbeath....and they raved about him

Alright performance first half.

Second half was dire, apart from the last 10mins. Yes the players didn't perform but the blame for the two points dropped lie squarely at the door of the management team. What ever they said to the players at half killed them and were slow to respond when it wasn't working in the second half. 

I don't like labeling games as must win but next weekend will be a massive game for us.

I think second half we couldn't handle Cardle. Perhaps when moffat came on it slowed pars down up front which allowed us to push up further

1 hour ago, The Moonster said:

Not good enough. Our home form is supposed to save us and we serve up such inconsistency it's unreal. No disrespect to the Pars but that was there for the taking. Cardle came on and we gave him the freedom of Dumbarton. Do we not learn? Do we not see Cardle rip us apart every time and think "maybe we should do something about him?". When we eventually fell behind we decided that Dunfermline weren't very good and put them under pressure and we had some luck. We are hanging on for dear life. No game plan, no urgency, no idea of who plays best where, just pick 11 and see what they do. With every game I become less convinced that our management team know what they're doing, I cannot fathom what our plan is to win games. Another chanced missed and we now need to go to St Mirren looking for 3 points. f**k knows what we do from here, but I'll be looking out my seaside map if we take anything less than 3 points next week.

Spot on.

Brutal performance for the majority of the game.   Dunfermline looked really good going forward but were really pish at the back. 

Ian Murray instilled a belief among fans and players that the team could scrape a result no matter how late in the game it was (unless it was a proper pumping). Under Aitken as soon as we concede you're thinking things such as "it was only a matter of time",  "how the f**k are we going to score a goal?", "game over".  Yes, the players applied more pressure in the last ten minutes, but there was little fight or fire. 

Also another game where Don McCallum got 0 minutes on the pitch.  I'm not expecting him to start games or anything, but surely to f**k he's shown he has enough ability at this level to come on for the last 15 minutes and run at heavy-legged defenders.

49 minutes ago, aftershocker said:

I've never got wedderburn as a footballer. I thought he was awful with cowdenbeath....and they raved about him

I definitely saw what the manager's intention was with him today, although it wasn't entirely effective shall we say. Would be interesting to see him and Herron in midfield.

48 minutes ago, aftershocker said:

I think second half we couldn't handle Cardle. Perhaps when moffat came on it slowed pars down up front which allowed us to push up further

Aye was pretty amusing despite the fact that he's a deeply predictable player. He did make a difference though and seems to love a goal against you lot

First half was about as bad as I've seen us for a while and given last week and some of the performances the season before last that's saying something. A player on the left against a right back who looked a bit uncomfortable but rather than have a go at him floated about all over. No pace in the play either in terms of movement or ball retention. No energy (at one point we had the ball in the corner and not one Pars player went to help out Paton (I think) who was surrounded by three Sons players. Comical defending from Ashcroft and Talbot to give up chances and by Williamson for the goal.

In the second half we did a bit better and moved it quicker - Cardle being on the left helped although Higginbotham still floated about all over the place leaving Williamson on his own on the right - and we created a bit of pressure with several corners in a row and we're using the ball better. Sadly we never created anything clear cut and gave away a sloppy equaliser and we were almost hanging on at the end (it was worrying that Stevenson was able to job between Geggan and Wedderburn without much in the way of tracking)  and Murdoch had a decent save to let us keep the point. Looks like it could be between us for the bottom couple of spots though unless St Mirren remain rubbish and Ayr or Morton collapse.

For a full time team I was amazed to see so many of the Dunfermline players sitting or standing looking completely 'done in' at the final whistle. Was this due to the fact that they thought all the had to do was turn up and win the game or they weren't fully fit. A draw was a fair result but if we played like we did in the last 10 minutes we should have won the game.

I don't disagree with the above Moonster but please allow some of us a little smirk, as it doesn't seem too long ago that you were on here berating the peddlers of 'doom and gloom' :whistle  The shortcomings have been evident since the early days of this season, and we may just have to accept that the rollercoaster car marked DFC is now pointed firmly downwards.

Sadly it looks that way Mr C, I cannot see our lovely new 4000 capacity arena being filled by the likes of East Stirlingshire or Cowdung [emoji35]

7 minutes ago, Curler said:

For a full time team I was amazed to see so many of the Dunfermline players sitting or standing looking completely 'done in' at the final whistle. Was this due to the fact that they thought all the had to do was turn up and win the game or they weren't fully fit. A draw was a fair result but if we played like we did in the last 10 minutes we should have won the game.

Starting to wonder if that's one of our problems. We can't perform over 90 mins. Lots of our players are carrying niggles. Last season we got a sports scientist in and the players were so much fitter than part time sides.

That along with the good signings, team selection, tactics and everything else has disappeared. We look like a total gang.

Also another game where Don McCallum got 0 minutes on the pitch.  I'm not expecting him to start games or anything, but surely to f**k he's shown he has enough ability at this level to come on for the last 15 minutes and run at heavy-legged defenders.

Has he though?

He comes on and runs around a lot when defences are tiring. He doesn't posses a great deal of quality, strength or smart movement off the ball.

It may not be a popular opinion but I don't think McCallum is anywhere near good enough for this level.

Fleming showed exactly what is required today.

Starting to wonder if that's one of our problems. We can't perform over 90 mins. Lots of our players are carrying niggles. Last season we got a sports scientist in and the players were so much fitter than part time sides..

You always question our fitness, same sports scientist is still in place, little bit of bad luck with injurys but also a case of players needing to play through niggles when last year we could rest them and still be pretty confident of a win, however IMO the biggest factor is we are needing to go full pelt from the first minute, when players would normally be getting a rest they are having to chase after a hopeless long ball or desperately defend as we have needlessly given the ball away.

Having a large % of games won after an hour also helps you stay fresh. Again can't do that.

1 hour ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

Did you enjoy your steak pie and carrots julienne today OK3?

I almost convinced myself that I still enjoy watching Dumbarton today. Great game and one we should have won.

Pish result. Wee team must be shaking in their boots ahead of next week.

I was hoping we'd have Bobby Barr fit. If he was I'd be confident of a 'Falkirk away' type performance at EEP, against a surely low on confidence Pars. As it is, I can see a rerun of that shite I watched this evening, but I'm still fairly confident of a win.

The penalty shout I don't actually think would have been a penalty as it happened before the ball was played in and referees seem to be calling players over (and sometimes even booking them) but then ordering the free kick or corner to be re-taken. The officials were pretty honking though - the linesman on the stand side got four of his first five decisions completely wrong I think and the referee seemed to be very picky about minor things apart from the Dumbarton thrower stealing about 15 yards every time there was a shy. Luckily for him there were no nasty challenges or anything as it looked like he was a wee boy doing his first man's game.

Archived