Times up Jim

Whilst this is all very delusional and hilarious in equal measures. The land isn't worth anywhere near 20 million. Sure it's a good sized plot, but not even close to that level.

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

So somehow you think that Asda paid 5.5 million for Muirton, then had to knock it down, when they could have bought the plot Willie Low bought for presumably less than 400k McDiarmid was worth, as it's half the footprint, and on a green field site.

You're delusional.

I'm saying Asda paid for the building of McDiarmid, and knocking down of Muirton, as part of the deal to buy that part of land. It was near the town centre and was the biggest supermarket in that area, at that time. Its well publicised thats what happened.

Whilst this is all very delusional and hilarious in equal measures. The land isn't worth anywhere near 20 million. Sure it's a good sized plot, but not even close to that level.

With the Tesco plot included it would make far in excess of 20M with anyone not mentally retarded handling the sale.

Fûck Random Guy is telling us that Asda paid 5.5M for Muirton, which is half the size at most of the McDiarmid site (the bit the club still owns) then had to knock down Muirton and that was 30 years ago??

I'm saying Asda paid for the building of McDiarmid, and knocking down of Muirton, as part of the deal to buy that part of land. It was near the town centre and was the biggest supermarket in that area, at that time. Its well publicised thats what happened.

So in today's money, as I clearly said at the start, what would you say the value of the St Johnstone owned bit of land alone is?

1 minute ago, Fifespud said:

With the Tesco plot included it would make far in excess of 20M with anyone not mentally retarded handling the sale.

Fûck Random Guy is telling us that Asda paid 5.5M for Muirton, which is half the size at most of the McDiarmid site (the bit the club still owns) then had to knock down Muirton and that was 30 years ago??

The land St Johnstone got was worth £400k.

Asda didn't pay £5.5m for the land, thats how much the construction of the stadium was. 

You're really fucking desperate here, arent you?

Just now, Fifespud said:

So in today's money, as I clearly said at the start, what would you say the value of the St Johnstone owned bit of land alone is?

How much is the land Dens Park is on worth? Or are we the only club who should be criticised for owning a bit of land that increased in value over 30 years?

The land St Johnstone got was worth £400k.

Asda didn't pay £5.5m for the land, thats how much the construction of the stadium was. 

You're really fucking desperate here, arent you?

So if Asda didn't pay 5.5M for the land what did they pay and where did St Johnstone find the shortfall?

I'm telling you it was from the proceeds of the sale of the plot to William Low.

Honestly ask someone, anyone in Perth who deals in commercial property, this is a well known fact

Just now, Fifespud said:

So if Asda didn't pay 5.5M for the land what did they pay and where did St Johnstone find the shortfall?

I'm telling you it was from the proceeds of the sale of the plot to William Low.

Honestly ask someone, anyone in Perth who deals in commercial property, this is a well known fact

I don't know what they paid, all I know is they paid the £5.5m it cost to build the stadium. What "shortfall" are you on about?

Why just include the Tesco plot? If you're playing fantasy town planner why not include all of Tulloch and Letham too? That would be worth billions in spudland.

Because the proceeds of the sale of the plot, donated by BM to the whole deal, funded the shortfall between what Asda paid and the cost of the stadium, without which it couldn't have happened without the club being burdened with 1.5-3 million pounds of debt.

Tulloch and Letham are nothing to do with it but you'd probably need to pay someone to take those shiteholes off your hands.

I don't know what they paid, all I know is they paid the £5.5m it cost to build the stadium.

So which is it? And which of us is 'fucking desperate' again?

Just now, Fifespud said:

So which is it? And which of us is 'fucking desperate' again?

Both of them posts make the point they paid £5.5m to build the stadium.

Both of them posts make the point they paid £5.5m to build the stadium.

So if they didn't pay 5.5M for the land, as you said, but they did pay the 5.5M construction costs of the new stadium, as you also said, what else did they get in the deal?

1 minute ago, Fifespud said:

So if they didn't pay 5.5M for the land, as you said, but they did pay the 5.5M construction costs of the new stadium, as you also said, what else did they get in the deal?

They got the land at Muirton. 

Where are you going with this? 

11 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:
9 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

Because the proceeds of the sale of the plot, donated by BM to the whole deal, funded the shortfall between what Asda paid and the cost of the stadium,

It's entirely plausible that Mr McDiarmid made a 7-figure donation to the club which has never been mentioned before and which has never appeared in the accounts.

Entirely plausible.

6 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

Tulloch and Letham are nothing to do with it but you'd probably need to pay someone to take those shiteholes off your hands.

Whoa Hud the bus a minute. I grew up there cunto and have some very fond memories of the place, a couple mentioned in this thread before. The old part is a bit tired looking nowadays but it's to be expected from an old council estate. The new part is far from being anything like a shitehole matey.

l

Asda didn't pay £5.5m for the land.

So they paid 5.5 for Muirton. A minute ago you said they didn't but fine.

So Muirton was worth 5.5 million and at the same point in time the site of McDiarmid was worth 400k, zoned for building and twice the size and a stone's throw away?

To get back on topic it's ok for Bruce McDiarmid, with more money than he really knows what to do with, to pump money into St Johnstone but it's grossly wrong for Roy McGregor, similarly rich to do the same at County?

I'm not criticising either man or either club, it's the hypocrisy of the St Johnstone fans I'm criticising.

Archived