Dumbarton v Greenock Morton

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, TONTROOPER said:

Feck me...Chic Young has just suggested Jim Duffy for the Scotland job.

In fairness, ever since Duffy got the job Morton fans have done nothing but slate the guy. Did it all through their title winning season, got them safely mid-table last season and doing a fantastic job this season, a cup semi-final, pumping St Mirren and now 3rd in the league, despite Morton fans wetting their knickers at the start of the season from what I remember. Have Morton fans eaten humble pie yet regarding how wrong they were about Jim Duffy?

That said, I'll pass on him for the Scotland job I think.

That's quite literally our only gameplan. Stop any sort of football being played and hope the opposition don't score.

Unfortunately we can't even do that remotely successfully.

Dumbarton flooded the middle of the pitch with players and made it difficult for us to create chances there. Our lack of threat in wide areas contributed to the game fizzling out. Our defence was pretty comfortable though.

On the bright side, you're a more competent and better organised side than Saint Mirren, who are an absolute rabble.

In fairness, ever since Duffy got the job Morton fans have done nothing but slate the guy. Did it all through their title winning season, got them safely mid-table last season and doing a fantastic job this season, a cup semi-final, pumping St Mirren and now 3rd in the league, despite Morton fans wetting their knickers at the start of the season from what I remember. Have Morton fans eaten humble pie yet regarding how wrong they were about Jim Duffy?

That said, I'll pass on him for the Scotland job I think.

Pumping Saint Mirren is not an achievement; certainly not this season. It's been a remarkable turnaround since early September, when we were genuinely gubbins, but even today our team selection was questionable.

We're punching around our weight for a change.

Didnt think pettigrew the worst after he came on. Morton looked decent and we re not.

4 shots at goal and none on target suggests both a lack of decent tactics and poor perfmances.

Is sam stanton the new ryan stevenson or what?

2 hours ago, Scosha said:

Utter shambles at the turnstiles. Turn up before 10 to 3 and don't get in till after 10 past.

2 hours ago, Scosha said:

You should be able to turn up to a game at 10 to 3 and be in by kick off. Bunch of jobsworths at the turnstiles.

Imagine the chaos if more than 2 people had turned up!

IMG_0301.PNG

29 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

emoji1.png

When did Morton fans start to love him though? I thought he was the worst manager in history early on in the season?

That's because we were fucking terrible at the start of the season, and a lot of that was down to him. What we've done since doesn't change what happened then. What it DOES do is show that we should trust that we're going to be slow starters in this league under him, which isn't at all a bad thing if we can do well over the course.

Dumbarton flooded the middle of the pitch with players and made it difficult for us to create chances there. Our lack of threat in wide areas contributed to the game fizzling out. Our defence was pretty comfortable though.

On the bright side, you're a more competent and better organised side than Saint Mirren, who are an absolute rabble.

Given your defence wasn't put under any pressure whatsoever I'd hope they'd be comfortable

Same shite as usual.  It's starting to get depressing now.

I actually feel sorry for Robert Thomson.  He looks absolutely shot of confidence and he's approaching Nish levels of abuse (from where I'm sitting anyway).  Quite a shame because we all thought we had a player on our hands at the start of the season - hopefully he performs better soon.  I'd start by getting him away from the wing.

Missed what happened with Docherty but his reaction and the length of time he was treated pitchside before being carted off does not look good.

How I miss Jamie Lindsay... :(

Only one team were going to win that and it wasn't us.  Morton looked like a well oiled machine when they were knocking it about whilst we were winning the ball to hump it up the park for fucking no one.

We huffed and puffed for most of the game that we were never ever going to lose. Gaston didn't have a single save to make that I can remember.

We had our chances though but couldn't put the ball in the net until Mark Russell gave us a bit of magic. Big Kudos scored too and I thought he had a decent game.

In the end 3 points is all that matters and takes us up to 3rd place in the table. I know others have a game in hand now but your always better with the points on the board.

Duffy's the man :thumsup2 

Very even first half in as much as neither team really did anything of note going forward. I thought we coped well with Morton and looked like getting something from the game.

2nd half was a different story. Docherty's injury changed the game. Up until he went off we were well organised and we closed Morton down well. After he went off we looked really unsettled and disorganised. Losing Wright not long after was another blow as it effectively left Buchanan trying to organise an unfamiliar back 4 and try to get a shred of protection from midfield. The first Morton goal was a fantastic shot, but a Dumbarton player should have been closing him down sooner. He should never have got the space to get the shot off. The 2nd? Keeper knew that nobody was getting close to tackle so committed himself to coming out. He actually did well to stop the first shot getting away and can rightly be unhappy at how poor his defenders reacted for the 2nd shot.

With Sparky in front of the back 4 we were well organised and composed. Without Sparky we were a bit of a mess. Harvie looked noticeably poorer with Pettigrew beside him and at times both were committing themselves to the same ball or tackle.

Morton played as well as they had to. They took full advantage of our disorganisation with a cracking opening goal and we always looked beaten after that opener went in. Nice to see genuine sportsmanship from our cross river neighbours too in applauding Sparky as he was wheeled round to the dressing room. We didnt cope well at all with the loss of Docherty and Wright. Our shape and our organisation went and Morton punished us.

Martin deservedly man of the match. Beaten by a great shot for the opener and couldn't have done more for the 2nd. Made some very good saves in the 2nd half. The only other candidate for me would possibly have been Smith at right back. Until Docherty went off he was another possible candidate but that really hit us hard today and it's a worry that we couldn't cope when he was injured.

2 hours ago, The Moonster said:

At least we've got working toilets for you without walking the length of the pitch. A proper stadium doesn't have restricted views either. 

A proper stadium lol it has one stand ffs

Morton fans now praising Duffy. Totally shameless, fickle shitebags :lol:

Imagine opinions changing based on performances and results.

Fans should either praise or hound a manager from the day of their appointment to the day they leave and stick to one the fickle b*****ds.

Archived