The Official Former President Trump thread

banana

Rasmussen Poll:

Do you favor or oppose a temporary ban on refugees from Syria, Iraq, Iran, Libya, Somalia, Sudan, and Yemen until the federal government improves its ability to screen out potential terrorists from coming here?

57% Yes

33% No

Do you favor or oppose a temporary block on visas prohibiting residents of . . . from entering the United States?

56% Yes

32% No

19 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Just showing support to our American brothers and sisters. Why are you virtue signalling for Trump?

Virtue signalling is an in group competition where the main goal to let others in your group know how virtuous you are, not to accomplish goals or change minds. For instance, the London mayor saying Trump's state visit should be canceled. It would not go one ounce towards accomplishing what Mr. Kahn wants, and would actually hurt the UK. But the goal was to show everyone how moral and correct his political opinions are. That's the most important thing.

What I do is attempt argue for a position and deconstruct what I see as the incorrect arguments of others..

Edited by Deplorable

9 minutes ago, Deplorable said:

Rasmussen Poll:

Do you favor or oppose a temporary ban on refugees from Syria, Iraq, Iran, Libya, Somalia, Sudan, and Yemen until the federal government improves its ability to screen out potential terrorists from coming here?

Are Pollsters really allowed to ask rhetorical questions when the people being asked don't know how extreme the screening already is?

Edited by welshbairn

2 minutes ago, Carl Cort's Hamstring said:

Johnson was an idiot as well.

Utter BS! You regard anyone who is not a Democrat as idiot. 

Johnson a two-term Governor of New Mexico with a successful record in office. His running mate, Bill Weld was the Governor of Massachusetts.

It was a strong and experienced ticket that got 4.5 million votes, a great achievement considering that the electoral system is designed to protect the Republicrat duopoly. 

3 hours ago, williemillersmoustache said:

Just so you know, I won't get any satisfaction from saying I told you so when we all get herded into a gas chamber. But I'll do it anyway.

First they came for the Hearts' fans, and I didn't speak out, because I was not a Hearts fan.

Then they came for the Dundee fans, and I did not speak out, because I was not a Dundee fan.

Then they came for the Motherwell fans, and I did not speak out, because I was not a Motherwell fan

Then they came for me - and there was no one left to speak for me.

10 minutes ago, Deplorable said:

What I do is attempt argue for a position and deconstruct what I see as the incorrect arguments of others..

You argue that it's morally right to argue for American and British white supremacy, and Trump is a great and moral man for leading in that direction. Utterly pointless in that it won't gain you any converts. but you're "virtue signalling" to the odd banana or fool on here who already agree with you.

Edited by welshbairn

8 minutes ago, Bishop Briggs said:

Utter BS! You regard anyone who is not a Democrat as idiot. 

Johnson a two-term Governor of New Mexico with a successful record in office. His running mate, Bill Weld was the Governor of Massachusetts.

It was a strong and experienced ticket that got 4.5 million votes, a great achievement considering that the electoral system is designed to protect the Republicrat duopoly. 

He stood for President but couldn't name a single foreign leader so aye, that makes Gary Johnson an idiot.

2 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

You argue that it's morally right to argue for American and British white supremacy, and Trump is a great and moral man for leading in that direction. Utterly pointless in that it won't gain you any converts. but you're "virtue signalling" to the odd banana or fool on here who already agree with you.

My goal is not to convince the Chlamydia Kid that I'm a moral person or to engage in a competition with Banana as to who is the most moral. I have a position and I argue it.

2 minutes ago, speckled tangerine said:

He stood for President but couldn't name a single foreign leader so aye, that makes Gary Johnson an idiot.

Johnson actually said that he couldn't name a foreign leader that he admires - http://edition.cnn.com/2016/10/04/politics/gary-johnson-foreign-leaders/index.html. Big difference!

Cubans have the right to permanent residence after living in the US for 1 year according to US law. It was the policy of every US President since Lyndon Johnson to parole any Cuban reaching US territory for the one year until they qualified for permanent residence.

In the last month of his Presidency Obama announced that he would not accept Cubans into the US except through the normal immigration system. He signed an executive order that all Cubans caught at the Mexican border and on the Florida beaches should be immediately deported back to Cuba. This policy has stranded thousands of Cubans in Mexico on their way to the US. Where were the protests? Where were the pro-bono lawyers lining up to help? Where were the Democrats crying on TV? Where were the condemnations for foreign leaders? Remember, Cubans can be subject to jail for attempting to reach the US. Even teens have been put into prison with the most hardcore murderers for this crime.

2 minutes ago, Carl Cort's Hamstring said:

Andrea Woo | 鄔瑞楓 Verified account @AndreaWoo

Just wanted to point out that the White House press secretary now prints and holds up tweets the president has issues with

C3cPKvSXUAEObQH.jpg

Snowflake... :rolleyes:

Thats tremendous,fruit loop of the highest order(not you,trump)

30 minutes ago, Deplorable said:

Rasmussen Poll:

57% Yes

33% No

Do you favor or oppose a temporary block on visas prohibiting residents of . . . from entering the United States?

56% Yes

32% No

That is one shit poll. "Do you favour or oppose" followed by the options 'yes and no'? :lol:

We'll presume the breakdowns should've been 'favour' and 'oppose' and say the thing about populism is that it is popular, at least until you educate people about the facility or consequences of the policy.

Edited by The OP

Rasmussen Poll:
57% Yes
33% No
56% Yes
32% No

Is your point that the American public is, in part, made up of raging bigots?

We know, that's why we're in this fucking mess.

3 minutes ago, Deplorable said:

My goal is not to convince the Chlamydia Kid that I'm a moral person or to engage in a competition with Banana as to who is the most moral. I have a position and I argue it.

As do the many people who protest about Trump. You can't invent a phrase and expect it only to be used against your enemies. It's not how language works. It's empty anyway, invented by a Spectator/Telegraph hack and adopted by the altright kiddies on 4chan. I'm surprised you undermine what credibility you have by using it.

5 minutes ago, Bishop Briggs said:

Johnson actually said that he couldn't name a foreign leader that he admires - http://edition.cnn.com/2016/10/04/politics/gary-johnson-foreign-leaders/index.html. Big difference!

Then there's his excruciating "what is Aleppo?" Caper. 

Gary Johnson is a confirmed idiot.