The Official Former President Trump thread

banana

Just now, toto1504 said:

All religions are wrong. Oh dear you're offended by me shortening a word but not when I shortened Scotsman.
Strange old world eh

If you say it's ok to call a Pakistani a Paki, and you say all Muslims should be prevented from travelling, you're a racist, no room for doubt. That's against the rules of the forum. Hopefully the mods will agree.

2 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

The organisers of many of the Trump protests are already active in assisting refugees and migrants trying to seek refuge in the UK. The Trump stuff is generating worldwide coverage and it would be good if even some of the people who turned out purely for these protests will engage themselves in what is happening here as well. There's a point to be made as well about Obama, Justin Trudeau and other liberal sweethearts getting such a free pass for quite awful treatment of indigenous populations and refugees as well and I hope that point is made. As it is here, there has to be more highlighting of the hideous treatment Theresa May has given to plenty of marginalised groups in Britain and how her silence over Trump was never going to be in question.

Good post.

That's good to hear that someone is backing up their outrage rather than point fingers.

The majority of the protesters are there for some Facebook justice. They don't care about politics, what happens in their own middens, in Parliament or to the refugees.
They certainly wouldn't put their time and money where their mouth is.

2 hours ago, Stephen Malkmus said:

What is your ideal world and political system, banana?

Political system really depends on the country, culture, social norms/structure, economic circumstances, geography, etc.

Ideal world is that despite their range of differences, everyone gets along well enough without needing to blow each other up over ideologies, the environment is sparkling, opportunities are aplenty for anyone who motivates themselves to take them, healthcare is readily available, etc. etc. hippy shit, etc. Unfortunately, it's impossible as we're not wired like that - power, territory, envy, fear, resources, free will, etc. etc. human condition, etc.

How about yours?

5 minutes ago, Cerberus said:

Good post.

That's good to hear that someone is backing up their outrage rather than point fingers.

The majority of the protesters are there for some Facebook justice. They don't care about politics, what happens in their own middens, in Parliament or to the refugees.

So what are you doing? I've said it myself, what's the point of these people going out protesting, they're not even in the same country FFS. I used to get a free bus down to London from college at Norwich for various anti Thatcher marches to see my girlfriend, never bothered with the marches. Killed off the Poll Tax though which brought down Thatcher. Are you saying that protest is futile unless you smuggle a refugee through the border into your home? Daft Facebook campaigns doesn't make all political protest vacuous.

If you say it's ok to call a Pakistani a Paki, and you say all Muslims should be prevented from travelling, you're a racist, no room for doubt. That's against the rules of the forum. Hopefully the mods will agree.

Grow a set of bollocks ya soft c**t.

Good post.

Probably not. Everyone I know involved feels quite disillusioned and unsure how to proceed but just have to remain positive and try and build on a genuinely good turnout.

This is getting ridiculous! A friend of mine who is a UK citizen proceeded to apply for an ESTA online (this is a visa which you are required to hold prior to visiting the USA and it lasts for 2 years plus there is a fee to pay). Apparently, when you apply for an ESTA now, you are required to list all social media information that you access as well as advise if you've participated in negative comments re: Trump and/or the US Administration - as such information may affect your ESTA application!

18 minutes ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

He's just sacked his Attorney General for disagreeing with him.

Acting AG. Not much else he can do in the circumstances, foot down or he allows himself to be undermined by hysteria. Fair play to her for standing up for her beliefs.

2 hours ago, banana said:

Acting AG. Not much else he can do in the circumstances, foot down or he allows himself to be undermined by hysteria. Fair play to her for standing up for her beliefs.

Not fair play. It's dangerous for Justice Department Democrat employees to defy an elected Republican President and not implement the law. It's the job of citizens to sue and it's the Constitutional responsibility of the Justice Department to defend the law in court. This ban went through the non-partisan Justice Department legal review process and was given the go ahead. Now we have a Democrat Acting AG taking part in a Democrat plot to thwart the policy of an elected President who ran on this specific policy. Now we know why the Democrats have been dragging their feet on confirming Jeff Sessions.

3 hours ago, toto1504 said:

This is getting ridiculous! A friend of mine who is a UK citizen proceeded to apply for an ESTA online (this is a visa which you are required to hold prior to visiting the USA and it lasts for 2 years plus there is a fee to pay). Apparently, when you apply for an ESTA now, you are required to list all social media information that you access as well as advise if you've participated in negative comments re: Trump and/or the US Administration - as such information may affect your ESTA application!

One of the San Bernardino immigrant terrorist had pro Al Qaeda material and views all over her social media, but was allowed to immigrant to the US. Apparently the US did not have a policy of screening the social media of prospective immigrants and became a right wing talking point for awhile.

The UK government bans US citizens from the UK for their political views.

I've had my phone and computer searched when crossing into Canada.

"The most important thing to discuss is how we keep this country from falling into the same trap that happened to parts of Europe, where you have a permanent inter-generational problem of Islamic radicalism and it becomes a routine feature of life in those countries. How do we keep that from happening in America? If we don't change the way we think about immigration, if we don't think about how we screen, vet, and approach the entry process, that will happen here. That is a certainty if we don't take strong action."

Trump's top policy advisor and speech writer in an interview on Fox.

It's great that we have people in power who are actually thinking about these issues. About how we have an immigration system that benefits Americans first.

5 hours ago, toto1504 said:

No you're not, that question is optional. And its been on the form before Trump came along. The concern, of course, is that it becomes a compulsory question.

4 minutes ago, Swarley said:

No you're not, that question is optional. And its been on the form before Trump came along. The concern, of course, is that it becomes a compulsory question.

Please state your Pie and Bovril username and your Big Team:

6 hours ago, toto1504 said:

It is indeed a bizarre request, though as pointed out is optional. Just as well it's optional, as Gary Locke is a US politician in addition to being a failing football manager, and they might get a bit upset over things I'd written about him. 

I also had to say if I'd been to a certain 7 countries after some random date in 2011. 

This was before Trump's order that I filled it out. I see he's fired the acting AG and issued a statement with the word "betrayed" in it. I wonder where else such language is/was used towards public employees from the Head of State? 

Edited by Michael W
Treachery didn't appear, must've seen that elsewhere.