The Official Former President Trump thread

banana

20 minutes ago, Deplorable said:

Again, multicultural society seems to be proceeding as the utopians predicted.:rolleyes: Went and tried to look up any history of religious murders in Canada. I'm sure there might be a few here or there through history, but it seems like almost all involve Muslims as perpetrators or victims. Looks like religious murders are going to be a permanent fixture of Canadian life now. Some people might have predicted that would be the case if Muslims moved to Canada in large numbers.

Swampy used to call that victim blaming.

“He was someone who made frequent extreme comments in social media denigrating refugees and feminism. It wasn’t outright hate, rather part of this new nationalist conservative identity movement that is more intolerant than hateful,” 

http://globalnews.ca/news/3216588/quebec-city-mosque-shooting-alexandre-bissonnette-known-for-far-right-nationalist-social-media-posts/

Edited by welshbairn

8 minutes ago, DublinMagyar said:

Revolves mostly around sheep. Allegedly.

Work, social lives, family and sport. That just leaves churches sheep free, although I suppose you get the odd woolly sermon...

7 minutes ago, Deplorable said:

Again, multicultural society seems to be proceeding as the utopians predicted.:rolleyes: Went and tried to look up any history of religious murders in Canada. I'm sure there might be a few here or there through history, but it seems like almost all involve Muslims as perpetrators or victims. Looks like religious murders are going to be a permanent fixture of Canadian life now. Some people might have predicted that would be the case if Muslims moved to Canada in large numbers.

Canada is the home of Irshad Manji - she of The Trouble With Islam back in 2003 - & a mere fourteen years later still looks no more likely to collapse in a holy war between Islamophobes or Infidel slayers than when she pissed off the latter & the usual hot air merchants were throwing fatwas around like confetti.

2 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Swampy used to call that victim blaming.

Naw. Obviously those folks in Quebec were just minding their own business.

What I do notice is that with very, very few exceptions, relations between Islam and any other religion or cultural group it comes up against is marked by at least a certain amount of violence. I'm assuming what the Canadian government will do is crack down further on traditional liberties for non-Muslims. They will also probably start importing even more Muslim migrants to virtue signal that this shooter doesn't represent "Canadian values." The end result for Canada of Muslim immigration will be less personal freedom and a more volatile society.

26 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Sean Spicer "It's not a ban"

Trump uses term ban in a tweet.

I wonder how much Spicer drinks when he finishes work.

I don't think guys like him drink alcohol!

Going by the glazed starry eyes and shiny skin I would say he drinks deep from the spirit of the lord?

21 hours ago, GTG_03 said:

Anyone else depressed at just how many trump supporters there seems to be here. My work is full of folk saying how he's bringing much needed change and he's only doing what he was elected to do.
There was even a 'bomb the lot of them' comment.
Seems we may be underestimating just how many racists we have in this country.

The Brexit vote told me we had many more than I possibly imagined.

11 hours ago, RadgerTheBadger said:

Everyone who voted for leave is a nasty, raging, bigoted racist

Indeed.

Anyway.  WTF isn't Donald taking action on Saudi, The UAE, Qatar and Kuwait?  They are much more terrorist-focused that the 7 banned countries.  Maybe money?  Maybe this is the worst kind of gesture politics?

Indeed.
Anyway.  WTF isn't Donald taking action on Saudi, The UAE, Qatar and Kuwait?  They are much more terrorist-focused that the 7 banned countries.  Maybe money?  Maybe this is the worst kind of gesture politics?

The Saudis are terrible and wasn't it mainly Saudis responsible for 9/11? Conspiracy theories aside of course! I wonder if he/USA has business ties with them? Maybe the yanks sell them weapons too?
The banning seems like gesture politics to keep his core support happy.

It's worrying. He's surrounding himself with yes men and firing/slandering anyone who disagrees with him.

Arsed with living in the US just now.

20 minutes ago, Deplorable said:

Naw. Obviously those folks in Quebec were just minding their own business.

What I do notice is that with very, very few exceptions, relations between Islam and any other religion or cultural group it comes up against is marked by at least a certain amount of violence. I'm assuming what the Canadian government will do is crack down further on traditional liberties for non-Muslims. They will also probably start importing even more Muslim migrants to virtue signal that this shooter doesn't represent "Canadian values." The end result for Canada of Muslim immigration will be less personal freedom and a more volatile society.

As a Scot, growing up I can remember the Asian shop at the end of my road consistently being spray painted with racist slogans, the windows smashed, the owners being attacked and the police maintaining a routine patrol to get rid of the junkies and alcoholics who would bring no end of trouble to the place.

Naturally I blame the owners for having the audacity to open a shop and provide a service to the community whilst I absolve the brain dead Idiots who caused the trouble from any blame.

19 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Indeed.

According to Besty McCauhhey on C4 just now, it is because the 7 countries do have a proper data base to share with the USA.

4 minutes ago, GTG_03 said:

The Saudis are terrible and wasn't it mainly Saudis responsible for 9/11?

Most '9/11' terrorists were from Saudi so the sensible response was to invade Iraq, of course.  Anecdotally, much funding for terrorism seems to come from Saudi, Qatar and The UAE.  They are rich, though so seem to be immune from criticism.

A deprecable aspect of Brexit is that we're scouring the world for potential 'trade partners' and Saudi is important to us too...hence the lack of a robust response from the office of oor Theresa and the embarrassing volte face from Boris.

54 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Indeed.

Somalia, Libya, Iraq, Syria, and Afghanistan are failed states with a central government that does not exercise control over their whole territory. Iran and Sudan are officially designated state sponsors of terrorism.

Regarding the countries you mention, since we have decent relations we can expect that they will work with us to root out radical individuals who might be prone to launch attacks on the US. If we had just banned their citizens their incentives to work or not work with us might go the wrong way. Plus, with a ban in place for certain countries, Trump is showing that he means business and that our allies need to take their responsibility to help keep us safe from their citizens seriously. Brilliant plan all around.

43 minutes ago, GTG_03 said:

It's worrying. He's surrounding himself with yes men and firing/slandering anyone who disagrees with him.

In our Constitutional structure the entire executive branch is just an extension of the President. The President is the elected position. The bureaucrats within the executive branch are supposed to carry out his wishes faithfully within the law. The fact that you don't like a policy has nothing to do with it's legality or constitutionality. If you have a problem with a policy you are asked to implement then you resign. At least that's how professional public servants would handle that situation. Politicized public servants will seek to undermine democracy from within.

If you actually knew anything about the way Trump operates you would know that he likes chaos and dissension in his inner circle. His close advisors are not expected to be yes men. That's different than bureaucrats faithfully carrying out his directives once a decision has been made.

2 minutes ago, Deplorable said:

Somalia, Libya, Iraq, Syria, and Afghanistan are failed states with a central government that does not exercise control over their whole territory. Iran and Sudan are officially designated state sponsors of terrorism.

Tragic.  Absolutely no one from the "banned 7" has been a terrorist threat to The US but plenty from "the not banned many" have been.  Oh and I can't think of any refugee who has killed Americans.

Sorry, Swampy, but this is gesture politics and playing to the gallery.  Banning folk from Yemen, which has never been a terrorist threat to the US yet taking no action on Saudi, just up the road from the Yemen, and which has been a tragic terrorist threat to The US just makes no sense.

One has to ask why Trump is picking on the wee Muslim countries whilst ignoring the big terrorist ones.

If Trump was serious about security he should be concentrating his resources on extreme vetting of white nationalists. Proportionate to their numbers they're a far bigger threat than a random Muslim. How many potential Anders Breiviks, Dylann Roofs or Alexandre Bissonnettes are merrily trolling the internet with their witty alt right banter right now?

Tragic.  Absolutely no one from the "banned 7" has been a terrorist threat to The US but plenty from "the not banned many" have been.  Oh and I can't think of any refugee who has killed Americans.
Sorry, Swampy, but this is gesture politics and playing to the gallery.  Banning folk from Yemen, which has never been a terrorist threat to the US yet taking no action on Saudi, just up the road from the Yemen, and which has been a tragic terrorist threat to The US just makes no sense.
One has to ask why Trump is picking on the wee Muslim countries whilst ignoring the big terrorist ones.

But but but Obama made up that list...

5 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

I heard that elsewhere but have not a clue where it came.  Plus it's craven for the Trump fans to claim this, surely?

Obama suspended visas and asylum applications for Iraqis in 2011 after 2 refugees were linked to a bombing in Irag.  He also removed a few countries from the visa waiver system meaning they had to obtain visas prior to travelling.  

He didnt just ban all nationals from a number of countries that have posed little threat in terms of international terrorism whilst ignoring the Saudis, Kuwait and Qatar who are the largest promoters of the hardline ideology adopted by terrorists and sources of funding for terrorist groups.