The Official Former President Trump thread

banana

27 minutes ago, Deplorable said:

If you want to get rid of the right for law abiding citizens to own guns you need to change the law through the democratic branches of government. Not get unelected people to twist the plain meaning of a law that was passed democratically, even if that law was passed in the 18th century.

I see your problem, you're unaware that the members of the Supreme Court are appointed by the democratically elected President of the United States and scrutinised by the democratically elected Senate.  Easy mistake to make for a rookie.  Still, not realising that the constitution is open to interpretation seems odd, I must say.

This is frightening. Steve Bannon might be closer to neocon ideology than he claims. 

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/feb/02/steve-bannon-donald-trump-war-south-china-sea-no-doubt

His geography is a bit suspect though so he might send the warships to the wrong place, thinks the North Pole is in Canada.

http://www.breitbart.com/national-security/2016/02/25/muslims-inaugurate-second-mosque-at-north-pole/

2 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

This is frightening. Steve Bannon might be closer to neocon ideology than he claims. 

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/feb/02/steve-bannon-donald-trump-war-south-china-sea-no-doubt

His geography is a bit suspect though so he might send the warships to the wrong place, thinks the North Pole is in Canada.

http://www.breitbart.com/national-security/2016/02/25/muslims-inaugurate-second-mosque-at-north-pole/

Iran was "put on notice" i believe yesterday,thankfully the anti war candidate won eh :(

Iran was "put on notice" i believe yesterday,thankfully the anti war candidate won eh [emoji20]

The idea that Trump was less likely to increase the use of military across the globe was, if possible, the most ridiculous reason for voting for him. Even more insane than "he's looking out for the little guy against the Wall Street establishment".

Moderate Republicans are all we have between us and another experiment in free market liberal warfare. Trump wants to bomb Tehran so he can open up Trump Towers Tehran.

Apologies if it's been posted, but everyone needs to see this. 

I don't know what's the worst bit. The fact he doesn't hide his attitude, the fact the journo is forced out, the fact none of the other journos put up any sort of fight for him, the fact the bodyguard tells him to "go back to his own country" or the fact that Trump represents a lot of American people. 

I'm absolutely not the type to get all high and mighty over things. A few thousand people protesting in Glasgow is utterly pointless, but I hope the Democrats are are feeling mighty proud that they put up their worst possible candidate because they didn't take Trump seriously.

I thought he'd maybe calm down a bit, but the world could end up completely humped with him (and his stupid wee claw hands) in charge of the US. The only positive is that he's overweight and in his 70s...so, you know...Statistically he can't have long left, especially in such a stressful position. 

28 minutes ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

I'm absolutely not the type to get all high and mighty over things. A few thousand people protesting in Glasgow is utterly pointless, but I hope the Democrats are are feeling mighty proud that they put up their worst possible candidate because they didn't take Trump seriously.

I think it's nice for Americans to know that the rest of the world think he's an arsehole too.

2 hours ago, welshbairn said:

I think it's nice for Americans to know that the rest of the world think he's an arsehole too.

you speaking for americansandtherestoftheworldnow wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaallllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

2 minutes ago, hehawhehaw said:

you speaking for americansandtherestoftheworldnow wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaallllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

You need to grab a paper bag and blow in it.

Trump is talking about shutting off federal funding for the University of California because Milo was no-platformed. Gavin McInnis was assaulted on his way into a talk at NYU today and his speech ended up cut short. His final quote directed at a NYU official before giving up and leaving the stage:"You're a dumb liberal asshole. You think these are rational beings."

One interesting proposal I've read is to treat this no-platforming trend the same way campus rape was treated. If a school can't prove they are making strong attempts to deal with campus rape then they risk losing all public funds. Do the same for free speech. Schools would have to expel kids engaged in the no-platforming and make sure protections are in place.

Regarding our earlier discussion about guns, one thing I noticed about Trump's rallies in this campaign and these campus riots is that this non-sense generally happens in areas where carrying guns is illegal. Milo came to my town. There were about 7 guys with masks, but all they did was yell about fascists. Anything more and they risked a bullet.

14 hours ago, welshbairn said:

When the right Brits and Euros start throwing fits it just lets us know we're on the right path.:)

14 minutes ago, Deplorable said:

Muslim terrorists must really be doing their best to kill Japanese due to their policy on Muslim immigration.

Are there many "Japanese interests" in the Middle East and how, proportionately, do they equate to the U.S. presence and influence in the region?

Edited by Shades75

19 minutes ago, Shades75 said:

Are there many "Japanese interests" in the Middle East and how, proportionately, do they equate to the U.S. presence and influence in the region?

Oh, I agree that US foreign policy is a part of the problem. The nature of Islam is also the problem. The US has done a bunch of unsavory things in Latin America and we've made a bunch of enemies there, but Hispanic immigrants are not engaged in political violence against ordinary Americans in response. I'm sure people in India might bear a few grudges against your country, but I haven't heard about them using those historical grudges to kill ordinary British citizens.

The idea that banning Muslim immigration is more dangerous than allowing large scale Muslim immigration is laughable. You are perfectly within your right to argue that we should still allow Muslim immigration despite the problem of terrorist attacks. But the idea that lowering Muslim immigration makes us less safe is ridiculous.

Edited by Deplorable