The Official Former President Trump thread

banana

It is pretty extraordinary stuff regardless of any statements made by Trump or indeed Obama at the time. Trump may not have been the focus but he's still been recorded speaking with his campaign manager. That can't have happened before. He and his supporters will feel vindicated as a result.

I assume the DoJ/FBI statements, and I think even Comey's testimony, will get off from a 'liar' tag on the technicality they only denied tapping Trump Tower specifically? Whereas it was only Manafort who was tapped, who happened to speak to Trump Tower?

1 hour ago, mjw said:

Trump claimed HE was being tapped by Obama.
You've just twisted the latest news into your own fake story.

Trump was entirely correct, apart from the fact that it wasn't Trump, or Trump Tower,  it was Manafort and his consultancy firm, and it wasn't Obama, it was the FISA courts (a point that was clarified at the time and the lie is being rehashed by trolls) under advisement by the FBI. It required a warrant.

If Trump is on those tapes, 1. he's fucked because 2. he would have known full well that Manafort was up to no good.  Unless you buy that it's all a myth. What is interesting, if you want to play the Obama wah-wah-wah line, is that this investigation was renewed under the Trump administration.  

In no way does this remotely vindicate Trump.  It does, entirely, vindicate Comey, and fits entirely with his testimony.  It's just drip feeding of the details that he wasn't able to talk about in the public meeting.  It should be fairly obvious to anyone capable of discerning thought why this is happening, and it has nothing to do with Obama holdovers.  

Don't let Trumpers twist this, of course they will come on full of self bluster pretending to be legal experts.  Just let it play out.  It's fairly obvious where it's heading, it just depends on how long it takes.  At least three major characters are clearly screwed - Flynn, Manafort and Kushner.  Follow any of the legitimate news sources New York Times, Washington Post, and a couple of the legal experts, and it's quite the ride.  Still, Trumpers will deny they've been lied to by President Wotsit.  Cult.

I went and looked up the group you mentioned. I couldn't tell if they were mocking a group of people or representing a group of people with their music. ICP is definitely repping the most white trash portion of America and are proud of it.

More white trash than the Valleys?

6 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

More white trash than the Valleys?

These silly little clowns should really read a bit more Flannery O'Connor before trying to propagate any more cliches.  

If I was "White Trash", I'd be far more uptight about the self-propogated cliches about "White Trash" than condescension from outsiders.

If Trump is on those tapes, 1. he's fucked because 2. he would have known full well that Manafort was up to no good.  Unless you buy that it's all a myth.

Can't agree with that. It's not like their warrant will only cover selected Manafort calls, they'll have listened to everything he did - including talking campaign tactics with Trump, what he's having for dinner with his wife, the football score with his buddy, and quite possibly interference with Russian spies - albeit it does appear, according to CNN, there is no smoking gun and most suspicion still comes from noises made from Russians rather than Manafort directly.

Trump could have been talking about anything with Manafort and given the FBI have had these tapes for over a year it isn't a stretch to suggest he doesn't mention Russia.

1 minute ago, Paco said:

Can't agree with that. It's not like their warrant will only cover selected Manafort calls, they'll have listened to everything he did - including talking campaign tactics with Trump, what he's having for dinner with his wife, the football score with his buddy, and quite possibly interference with Russian spies - albeit it does appear, according to CNN, there is no smoking gun and most suspicion still comes from noises made from Russians rather than Manafort directly.

Trump could have been talking about anything with Manafort and given the FBI have had these tapes for over a year it isn't a stretch to suggest he doesn't mention Russia.

While that's true, it's more significant in the light that the monitoring was renewed post election, even after Trump claimed to have dumped Manafort completely.  If Manafort has continued in his nefarious ways - and has been in contact with Trump all the while - then this could be extremely serious for Trump.  Remember, this investigation isn't about Trump -despite his protestations.  It's about his campaign team.  If Trump has been so monumentally stupid as to continue working with people who are at serious risk of losing their liberty for the rest of their lives, then I can't see how he won't be forced to resign.  

But then, there's always been the suspicion that that is precisely what he wants to happen.

On ‎16‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 00:39, NotThePars said:

Arguably an even bigger mistake was her attack on the alt-right. It united a disparate group of trolls, misogos, racists etc into the potent weapon it became for Trump. 

No, she was right and it's justified.  They were never disparate, they've been grouping together for years under the guidance of the likes of Bannon et al.

3 minutes ago, Baxter Parp said:

Pretty obvious: "Clinton should shrink into the background and shut the f**k up. She's toxic to Democrat progress, and does herself no favours by blaming everyone but herself. " Isn't criticism, it's abuse for the sake of it.

Nonsense. She's damaging Democrat prospects in the mid terms by rehashing a failed election campaign and attacking her colleagues, and the electorate. It's well reasoned abuse.

1 minute ago, welshbairn said:

Nonsense. She's damaging Democrat prospects in the mid terms by rehashing a failed election campaign and attacking her colleagues, and the electorate. It's well reasoned abuse.

Still not criticism though, right?  And I think you're talking pish anyway, so there's that too.

18 minutes ago, Baxter Parp said:

Oh f**k off you tart. You abuse Clinton for no other reason than you don't like her then you abuse me for pointing it out.

As it happens I argued her case right up to the election. She's shown herself to be a graceless loser though and is damaging her party. She should take a look at how Al Gore and Jimmy Carter behaved after losing elections.

35 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

As it happens I argued her case right up to the election. She's shown herself to be a graceless loser though and is damaging her party. She should take a look at how Al Gore and Jimmy Carter behaved after losing elections.

Prissy revisionist nonsense. Carter had his memoirs out within three years and Al Gore was on book tours before you could cough.  You're just spouting irrelevant gibberish in the hope that something will stick.  What evidence is there that she's "damaging her party"?  http://edition.cnn.com/2017/09/13/politics/special-elections-oklahoma-new-hampshire/index.html  "Democrats have won 6 GOP-held seats in 2017. Republicans have won 0 Democratic seats"

Edited by Baxter Parp