The Official Former President Trump thread

banana

7 hours ago, EdgarusQPFC said:

Honestly though, how pish has yer country gotta be that you have to get patriotism by brainwashing it into citizens as kids, use fucking intimidation and peer pressure on those that aren't indoctrinated, guilt them by saying its about the troops or now trying to force your boss and/or your chosen line of work to make it mandatory?

You'll be able to copy and paste that, word for word, into the Poppy thread when it gets going again in GN.

10 hours ago, EdgarusQPFC said:

Honestly though, how pish has yer country gotta be that you have to get patriotism by brainwashing it into citizens as kids, use fucking intimidation and peer pressure on those that aren't indoctrinated, guilt them by saying its about the troops or now trying to force your boss and/or your chosen line of work to make it mandatory?

I can't actually get my head around it. It's fucking mental. Why do they have to have to it before every single NFL game? I assume they do it for other sports as well.

It seems that American folk don't, in the main, question this, or the mass hysteria over the military. It's so strange to think that no one has thought, "Hang on, this is bollocks".

I think it's weird enough to have national anthems before international football games, but to have it so constantly is so incredibly transparent an attempt to cover up huge insecurities and to force a mindset on people. As has been said, it's pretty much brainwashing.

24 minutes ago, RiG said:

Trumps tweets are fantastic mainly for the bizarre memes that appear in response to them from both his supporters and his opponents. This is my favourite one from today:

I think it's fair to say that you can safely block the first three dozen respondents to any Trump tweet, and your life will be a much, much better place.

1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:

I can't actually get my head around it. It's fucking mental. Why do they have to have to it before every single NFL game? I assume they do it for other sports as well.

It seems that American folk don't, in the main, question this, or the mass hysteria over the military. It's so strange to think that no one has thought, "Hang on, this is bollocks".

I think it's weird enough to have national anthems before international football games, but to have it so constantly is so incredibly transparent an attempt to cover up huge insecurities and to force a mindset on people. As has been said, it's pretty much brainwashing.

I know they do it for baseball too, not sure about any other sport. It is absolutely brainwashing

33 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

I think it's fair to say that you can safely block the first three dozen respondents to any Trump tweet, and your life will be a much, much better place.

Totally disagree, there are some incredible responses with great art that you would miss out on. Case in point...

:blink:

1 hour ago, NotThePars said:

All of the forced patriotism at US sports pales in comparison to the WWE literally having John Cena come out to announce Osama Bin Laden's death on Monday Night Raw.

:lol: