The Official Former President Trump thread

banana

As has been pointed out all over the place on Twitter by IR experts:

How thick - or blind - must someone be to take the South Korean statement at face value?

Donald Trump's one character trait is egotism.  How do you get him to bow to your demands (see Russia ad infinitum)?  Play to his ego.

26 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

As has been pointed out all over the place on Twitter by IR experts:

How thick - or blind - must someone be to take the South Korean statement at face value?

Donald Trump's one character trait is egotism.  How do you get him to bow to your demands (see Russia ad infinitum)?  Play to his ego.

It would be the funniest thing since Henry Kissinger and Lê Đức Thọ if Trump and Kim won it though.

Just watched Pompeo do his introduction speech at the State Department. Despite his past quips on radio shows and the like and his already siding with the Sunni backers of Al Quaeda and IS against "terrorist supporting" Iran, and his total dismissal of Palestinians already, at least he's a pro and hopefully will get American diplomacy functional again.

Edited by welshbairn

On ‎30‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 19:50, Cerberus said:

Trump winning the Nobel Peace Prize would be good banter tbh.

There have been some questionable winners of the Noble Peace Prize before.

I bet when Neville Chamberlain came back from Munich in 1938 that somebody was tempted to consider Chamberlain and Hitler.

5 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

“Trump wrote own health letter says doctor.”

Bizarre thing no. 1,227 in the Trump presidency.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-43970908

And Mueller may subpoena him.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-43971954

Bizarre to have one of the Bee Gees as your doctor as well. (Barry I think. I'm not an expert)

Maybe he suffers from Saturday Night Fever a lot.

Edited by Suspect Device

Giuliani claiming that Trump reimbursed Cohen the $130,000 hush money for Stormy Daniels.  Yeah, the same Donald Trump who publically denied all knowledge of such a payment.

Cohen had claimed he had never been reimbursed.

In the same statement where Guiliani is effectively admitting that Trump lied he calls Mueller a liar!!!!!!!

Maybe the American voters have become immune to Trump's constant lying and will shrug it off; then again maybe they won't.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-43985260

Trump might be able to get away with his pathological lying in business but not as President. It's far too easy to show him up for talking absolute garbage.

Still, he can claim it's fake news and his supporters lap it up. The fact that even Hannity was a bit taken aback by this statement from Giuliani tells a lot.

23 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Giuliani claiming that Trump reimbursed Cohen the $130,000 hush money for Stormy Daniels.  Yeah, the same Donald Trump who publically denied all knowledge of such a payment.

Cohen had claimed he had never been reimbursed.

In the same statement where Guiliani is effectively admitting that Trump lied he calls Mueller a liar!!!!!!!

Maybe the American voters have become immune to Trump's constant lying and will shrug it off; then again maybe they won't.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-43985260

Guiliani talking to the Washington Post:

The Washington Post’s Robert Costa: When was the president told about these payments? 

Rudolph W. Giuliani: He wasn’t since it was somewhere between 10 and five days before the election. And he wasn’t told. But even if he was told, he wouldn’t have remembered it, like I wouldn’t have remembered it. When, when he paid out of his own personal funds — and if you listen to Cohen’s statement, it was very careful, he said, ‘I wasn’t paid from the campaign and I wasn’t paid from the Trump Organization.’ Absolutely true. He was paid by Donald Trump’s personal funds. And he was paid out of personal funds, which covered that, and possibly a few other things that, you know, would be considered incidental. This is not the kind of money that you would absolutely think of as the settlement of some kind of substantial case. It’d be more the kind of money that you’d think of to be used to pay for a harassment case, which is the way they always thought of this. They never thought of it as true. And I don’t think it’s true. And I’m absolutely positive it’s not true.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/transcript-giuliani-interview-with-the-washington-post/2018/05/03/a35c4a3c-4e9b-11e8-af46-b1d6dc0d9bfe_story.html?utm_term=.63d6d93c65ab

1 hour ago, Granny Danger said:

So long as he delivers on conservative judges, stalls or reverses liberalisation of society and plays to their concerns on immigration and globalisation then a large section will give him latitude on his private life. 

2 hours ago, dorlomin said:

So long as he delivers on conservative judges, stalls or reverses liberalisation of society and plays to their concerns on immigration and globalisation then a large section will give him latitude on his private life. 

Whilst I agree, this will come down to margins.  We already know that he didn’t win the popular vote and it won’t require a big swing for Republicans to lose the House in the midterms.

There may be a lot of folk still support him in theory but, again, in 2020 there may be enough who flip or simply don’t come out to vote to ensure that he becomes a one-term president.

Trump's got some lawyer doing his tweets for him, admitting that he paid off Stormy but claiming he didn't have sex with her, citing the letter she was forced to sign. Reads very much like Trump's tweets, I bet he wrote it. Unfortunately the letter also claims he didn't pay her off, which he has now admitted he did.

DcRKV-lVQAAw_WB.jpg

Edited by welshbairn

55 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Trump's got some lawyer doing his tweets for him, admitting that he paid off Stormy but claiming he didn't have sex with her, citing the letter she was forced to sign. Reads very much like Trump's tweets, I bet he wrote it. Unfortunately the letter also claims he didn't pay her off, which he has now admitted he did.

DcRKV-lVQAAw_WB.jpg

Why would she sign with her stage name when that would have no legal standing? Still hardly the weirdest thing about all this. 

Despite God Emperor Trump having nothing to do with developments on the Korean peninsula, Big Kim apparently set to release three American citizens held in labour camps.

Bizarre!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-43983719

Three Americans detained in North Korea have been relocated to a Pyongyang hotel and are receiving good food and medical care, reports say.

donald-trump-kim-jong-un_650x400_6152455

27 minutes ago, banana said:

"As everybody is aware, the past Administration has long been asking for three hostages to be released from a North Korean Labor camp, but to no avail," he said.

Two of the detainees were jailed in 2017, after Mr Trump became president.

Bizarre indeed.