The Official Former President Trump thread

banana

58 minutes ago, Jdog said:

When it comes to the middle East he does what Israel and the Saudis tell him to.

The Israelis have been bombing Iranian positions inside Syria for months, nothing to do with ending the war or humanitarian reasons.

If more sanctions are put on Iran and it escalates to war, Britain and France better not get involved.

Nothing would suit Netanyahu more than a major international distraction to his personal problems.  Now which other world leader could that be applied to?

Newsnight (on rewind) have invited Sebastian Gorka on to defend Trump, presumably Farage was not available. Kirsty Wark is stuttering to find a response. Why the f**k do they give airtime to these fuckwit trolls? National Security expert my arse, he spent a few weekends with the territorials while in college in England and is remembered as a deluded fantasist from his time in Hungary.

GOOOOORKA. I have to watch this. Still responsible for my favourite recent impression of a political figure.

7 minutes ago, JamieThomas said:

Only problem with Cohen getting into more shit is that he'll think the only way out is to stay shtum and wait for a Trump pardon. But he'll be worrying about the last time Trump promised something and it never happened. So who knows. 

4 hours ago, welshbairn said:

John Bolton must think he's been left alone in the sweetie shop with the keys.

P.S. Incidentally Hezbollah have solidified and marginally enhanced their position after elections in Lebanon, the most democratic country in the Middle East.

Stunned that Trump is / was making false statements again. Below are the "scorecards" for Obama and Trump. Guess which belongs to Trump? (Source: Politifact).

1.png.30f8b51880f5484dd53f9a57fded3a8e.png

2.png.429021d8224d9bca33edbb0a563bfaa4.png

John Bolton must think he's been left alone in the sweetie shop with the keys.
P.S. Incidentally Hezbollah have solidified and marginally enhanced their position after elections in Lebanon, the most democratic country in the Middle East.

Yeah it turns out imprisoning someone and closing down their businesses in your country leaving them economically adrift is not a productive way of maintaining your influence over a country that can just elect someone else. Iran have played a blinder in the Middle East this century hence why they’re despised by the United States.

12 hours ago, NotThePars said:

I don’t think Israel wants a direct ground war against Iran partially because they’ve been repeatedly merked by Hezbollah but I reckon they’ll be delighted if the US take any action - economically or militarily - against them.

Israel could destroy Hezbollah in a matter of weeks if they so desired.

Their F16s and F35s wouldn't be a match for Hezbollah.

They couldn’t manage it in 2006. US war games on a possible conflict with Iran doesn’t paint a rosy picture either. Hezbollah are the boys.

1 minute ago, Forest of Dean said:

I'm pretty sure that post doesn't mean what you think it means.  Unless F16 and F35 are breeds of camel then I am sure that they are more than a match for Hezbollah

Just now, NotThePars said:

They couldn’t manage it in 2006. US war games on a possible conflict with Iran doesn’t paint a rosy picture either. Hezbollah are the boys.

That's 2006. The advance in the military and surveillance tech that Israel has compared to then is frightening.

They've got hundreds of the best fighter planes you could have now.

2 minutes ago, strichener said:

I'm pretty sure that post doesn't mean what you think it means.  Unless F16 and F35 are breeds of camel then I am sure that they are more than a match for Hezbollah

The only thing really stopping Israel dealing with Hezbollah easily is international opinion.

Also Netanyahu absolutely loves it when Hezbollah acts like clowns and fling up Nazi salutes while screaming death to America. Makes his re-election campaigns quite easy.

6 minutes ago, Forest of Dean said:

The only thing really stopping Israel dealing with Hezbollah easily is international opinion.

Aye, bombing the Lebanese Parliament might not go down well.

On 06/05/2018 at 12:36, Zetterlund said:

We'll know if P&B's influence campaign has made an impact when the US Air Force start painting "Thanks for playing" on their bombs.

Mitch McConnell's listening.

https://twitter.com/Team_Mitch/status/994036999387537409

Edited by welshbairn