The Official Former President Trump thread

banana

Trump only makes their subtext text. There are no good Republicans 

Pretty much. Worth remembering that the Democrats, with the exception of a few of the new wave, are further right than Tories. So just think about where that leaves Republicans.

2 minutes ago, RiG said:

So much to take from this tweet it really is quite incredible. How can someone so monumentally stupid hold such a powerful position?

Wonder what reception he'll get if he visits Dallas? That reminds me of something..

29 minutes ago, RiG said:

So much to take from this tweet it really is quite incredible. How can someone so monumentally stupid hold such a powerful position?

He's not stupid at all. Basically he is letting the Saudis off if they increase oil production which will help the American economy and his ratings.

Until the EU or the UK enforce sanctions on Saudi Arabia then Trump is simply part of the western consensus.

12 minutes ago, Detournement said:

He's not stupid at all. Basically he is letting the Saudis off if they increase oil production which will help the American economy and his ratings.

If he really wants it to go "much lower" than $54 a barrel there's going to be a lot of folk being made unemployed in that industry pretty soon.

1 minute ago, RiG said:

If he really wants it to go "much lower" than $54 a barrel there's going to be a lot of folk being made unemployed in that industry pretty soon.

I would imagine if he is doing a deal then he will ask them to cut prices for autumn 2020. Oil workers are a tiny voting bloc compared to petrol consumers so - from his point of view - who cares.

I'm half expecting a war with Iran in 2020 as well sadly. There's no way Bolton leaves the WH without invading somewhere.

20 minutes ago, Detournement said:

I would imagine his "success" came when a right wing think tank paid him lots of money to be an uncle tom.

Exactly!

Stop playing victim and expecting handouts, work hard, reap benefits.

#score

18 minutes ago, Detournement said:

I would imagine if he is doing a deal then he will ask them to cut prices for autumn 2020. Oil workers are a tiny voting bloc compared to petrol consumers so - from his point of view - who cares.

I'm half expecting a war with Iran in 2020 as well sadly. There's no way Bolton leaves the WH without invading somewhere.

There is definitely going to be a war with Iran. Iran was the last on the list of forced regime changes laid out by the US Government.

Shame Nancy Pelosi is shite on camera and at selling Democratic policy, she's a brilliant organiser and master of the political dark arts. That's why Trump is pretending he wants her to win, thinking he's a canny manipulator. :lol: Looks like she's kept her job.