The Official Former President Trump thread

banana

4 minutes ago, BFTD said:

Surely the first time the number 34 has ever been Googled in relation to Donald Trump.

You vile man.

2 minutes ago, superwell87 said:

Trumps speech/ statement gets worse each time I see it.

You can bet your backside that if the verdict had been "not guilty" Trump would have been praising the strength and reliability of the American judicial system.

9 minutes ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

You can bet your backside that if the verdict had been "not guilty" Trump would have been praising the strength and reliability of the American judicial system.

Without a shadow of a doubt. 

You almost have to admire the self-infliction from Trump: ran for the Presidency and brought upon him a world of scrutiny that has began dismantling everything he built with his inheritance. A man strung up by his own ego. 

And still more to come! 

4 minutes ago, HTG said:

The Scottish boy on Sky News just now is not holding back in terms of slaughtering the fat orange c**t. Excellent!

He was probably holding back on a lot of things he wanted to say too. 

6 minutes ago, Michael W said:

and brought upon him a world of scrutiny that has began dismantling everything he built with his inheritance.

Pretty much bang on.  He could have kept out of the limelight and escaped with his ill gotten gains. Hopefully he ends up utterly destitute of wealth and attention - I'm genuinely unsure which will hurt the buffoon more.

Just now, Alert Mongoose said:

Pretty much bang on.  He could have kept out of the limelight and escaped with his ill gotten gains. Hopefully he ends up utterly destitute of wealth and attention - I'm genuinely unsure which will hurt the buffoon more.

Buried in a skip.

12 minutes ago, Michael W said:

You almost have to admire the self-infliction from Trump: ran for the Presidency and brought upon him a world of scrutiny that has began dismantling everything he built with his inheritance. A man strung up by his own ego. 

And still more to come! 

I agree but it’s even simpler.  If he’d just paid the money in cash from his own funds, which he could easily have done, there wouldn’t be a case.

9 minutes ago, carpetmonster said:

Although with 12 votes out of 12, 34 times, he's finally won a popular vote, and in quite some style. 

Get New York on the phone - "I just need 13 votes, gimme a break ..."

1 hour ago, carpetmonster said:

Never look a gift 34 convictions in the mouth, right enough 

By my count it took all of 10 minutes after the first guilty verdict for the grift to begin

Just now, senorsoupe said:

By my count it took all of 10 minutes after the first guilty verdict for the grift to begin

And 9 of those were for photoshopping his man-tits out for that picture. 

On 09/11/2016 at 09:13, Shuggie_Murray7 said:

I hope they've switched the heating on in Hilary's jail cell.

What goes around ... 

On 29/05/2024 at 01:27, Zetterlund said:

I ended up watching some of the Stormy Daniels documentary on channel 5 last night. One thing about the current case I've never been clear about is what the actual crime is Trump has allegedly committed? 

Without paying too much attention, I thought/assumed it was something to do with campaign finance laws, but it seems Michael Cohen payed the hush money from his own funds. Did Trump repay him from campaign funds? I also thought I'd read he was never repaid at all, which adds to the confusion.

On 29/05/2024 at 02:15, Alert Mongoose said:

I thought it was because he had categorised the payment as a legitimate business expense and hence tax deductable but could be completely wrong.

On 29/05/2024 at 07:27, scottsdad said:

This was my understanding too, at first. 

But...additionally because this was in fact a cost associated with the campaign and not declared as such, it also broke campaign finance laws. 

On 29/05/2024 at 07:54, Zetterlund said:

So was Cohen actually refunded from campaign funds?

Presumably this is the 'crime', as if he had paid out of his own pocket he could easily argue he would've paid Daniels off regardless of whether or not he was running for president.

This entire case had nothing to do with campaign funds or such, but was strictly New York Law on business records. All 34 counts were about falsification of business records under NY Corporate laws. Paying Stormy was legal as can be, paying it from his business and recording it as legal fees was illegal.

1 hour ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Can jurors sue?

Because he is going to end up defaming one or more of them yet.

Yes, once he starts in on the jurors and such, they would be able to sue him. If he starts saying things, and some lunatic does something to a juror or the judge, things might get really interesting. Reckless endangerment is a Class A misdemeanour in New York, and the kind of comment Trump is likely to make about the jurors will almost certainly fall into that category, at a minimum.

Trump will have to be very careful to avoid statements that a judge would likely accept constitutes endangering the people he’s attacking.

On July 11th, I would predict probation rather than a custodial sentence. While he is facing up to 4 years per count, and a 20 year maximum, I think the non-violent nature of the crime and the defendants “clean” record will result in a probation decision. The problem, if Trump loses in November, will be abiding by the probation restrictions.

Probation in New York can often include:

Finding employment, no contact with known criminals, staying away from high-crime areas, performing community service, keeping a curfew, paying restitution to your victims, passing drug tests, and attending substance abuse counselling.

Additionally, he would be unable to travel outside New York without specific permission. Violation of probation, which would be for 3-5 years, could result in jail for the sentence that was passed and then suspended until probation is successfully completed.