The Official Former President Trump thread

banana

27 minutes ago, Herc said:

Is that recent ? I've heard him talk about this before. 

Yup, he talks about Jack Smith, the prosecutor for his new case on the Jan 6th thing. I've heard him say similar before too.

6 hours ago, Soapy FFC said:

I've got to admit, I've read that several times and I haven't a clue wtf he's on about.

It’s his rant on low flow shower heads and getting regulations reduced. He does that schtick, the incandescent bulb schtick, and so forth. I’m honestly surprised he hasn’t come out advocating for repeal of seat belt laws and airbag mandates. It’s all part of the play to the base that thinks “big government” and “regulations” are strangling ‘Murican business.

16 minutes ago, AyrshireTon said:

He’s also blaming the USA’s exit from the World Cup on Joe Biden and the players throwing the game.

IMG_1756.jpeg.503d5e95ae8443490e62e3185ca95be9.jpeg

It's quite common for the UK to follow the example set by America, so this could be good news. If the "lionesses" don't win the World Cup, Sunak might be thrown out on his backside.

Of course, by the same logic, if they win, Sunak will romp the next election by 50 seats.

Edit... Anyone got a copy of the praise that Trump sent to Obama when the US won the Women's World Cup in 2015. Surely he congratulated him? 🤣

Edited by Salt n Vinegar

4 minutes ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

It's quite common for the UK to follow the example set by America, so this could be good news. If the "lionesses" don't win the World Cup, Sunak might be thrown out on his backside.

Of course, by the same logic, if they win, Sunak will romp the next election by 50 seats.

If Scotland keeps winning games against teams we're not expected to beat, the SNP should romp the next election with Yousaf in place for the next 15-20 years.

30 minutes ago, AyrshireTon said:

He’s also blaming the USA’s exit from the World Cup on Joe Biden and the players throwing the game.

IMG_1756.jpeg.503d5e95ae8443490e62e3185ca95be9.jpeg

Aye, he's been banging on about the US women's team for a long time; I automatically assumed he'd be chuntering on about them as soon as they lost. Republicans in general are always delighted when they lose because WOKE!!! while still being outraged that anyone wouldn't want anything of the U-S-A brand to win every time. Like most American international sport, they're only interested when they're winning anyway.

I wonder what the "Trump or death" sort in the base Republicans... sorry, Republican base... would be saying at the moment if the ex-President at the centre of these cases was Obama?  Just imagine if Obama had lost in 2012, but carried on, doing and saying for years what Trump did and said, insisting he had won?

Would the Republicans be supporting his actions? 🤣

6 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Trump wants to have a say in which judge presides in his Jan 6 case; incredible level of entitlement.

Can’t recall him being upset when Cannon was appointed in Florida.

He's also demanding to move the trial to West Virginia, peak MAGA territory. For alleged crimes that happened in errr, Washington.

Fucking hell. Has he actually said that about the Womens Fitba Team?? The man is a total mutant. I mean if they'd only picked 11 blonde things from one of his beauty pageants, or maybe if the manager had been able to grab them by the pussy they would've won. The fact that there will be 50% of Americans who agree with his stance, including a shed load of women who will think they lost because Rapinoe prefers said pussy to cock. Honestly. Fire him into the fucking sun. 

Edited by 10menwent2mow

9 hours ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

I wonder what the "Trump or death" sort in the base Republicans... sorry, Republican base... would be saying at the moment if the ex-President at the centre of these cases was Obama?  Just imagine if Obama had lost in 2012, but carried on, doing and saying for years what Trump did and said, insisting he had won?

Would the Republicans be supporting his actions? 🤣

No, they only support efforts to subvert democracy in favour of their guy. Because they're fascists.

It really can't be overstated that's what we're dealing with here.

12 minutes ago, 10menwent2mow said:

Fucking hell. Has he actually said that about the Womens Fitba Team?? The man is a total mutant. I mean if they'd only picked 11 blonde things from one of his beauty pageants, or maybe if the manager had been able to grab them by the pussy they would've won. The fact that there will be 50% of Americans who agree with his stance, including a shed load of women who will think they lost because Rapinoe prefers said pussy to cock. Honestly. Fire him into the fucking sun. 

Yeah, but they didn't sing their national anthem, so therefore didn't win because they don't love America enough. Basically a US version of "where's the passion, lads?"

In reality, it's a guy who calls POWs "losers" because they were captured by the enemy; to him, you're nothing unless you're beating someone else, all the time. He's the American id writ large, and people love him for it despite being the biggest losers of all by his own definition.

3 hours ago, BTFD said:

No, they only support efforts to subvert democracy in favour of their guy. Because they're fascists.

It really can't be overstated that's what we're dealing with here.

Yeah, but they didn't sing their national anthem, so therefore didn't win because they don't love America enough. Basically a US version of "where's the passion, lads?"

In reality, it's a guy who calls POWs "losers" because they were captured by the enemy; to him, you're nothing unless you're beating someone else, all the time. He's the American id writ large, and people love him for it despite being the biggest losers of all by his own definition.

Don’t forget this same USWNT winning four years ago was celebrated by…TOFF himself (Treasonous Orange Fat F**k)…as a sign of U.S. power and the will of God!

12 hours ago, welshbairn said:

He's also demanding to move the trial to West Virginia, peak MAGA territory. For alleged crimes that happened in errr, Washington.

“Trump lawyer John Lauro on CBS: "We would like a diverse venue, a diverse jury ... I think West Virginia will be an excellent venue to try this case. Close to DC and a much more diverse--"”

West Virginia is 93% white, 4% black, 2% Hispanic and 1% Asian…88% high school degree and 22% college degree.

Washington D.C. is 45% black, 37% white, 11% Hispanic and 5% Asian…92% high school degree and 61% college degree.

The Sixth Amendment says a crime will be tried in the district in which it occurred…

The prosecutor doesn't look like he's in the mood to take any of Trump's shite and his lawyers' determination to have trial by media leak. Wouldn't be surprised if, in the aftermath of this, he didn't also sue Trump for defamation. 

I've hoped that Trump was going to have a hard time defending his actions and utterances about the previous election but even I found this CNN summary very interesting.  I know that CNN can probably be considered squarely in the "no fan of Trump" camp, but wow...

https://edition.cnn.com/2023/08/02/politics/trump-indictment-lies/index.html

Some of them are belters.  This is just one of them... no 5 on the list of 21...

"The lie that “the Vice President and I are in total agreement that the Vice President has the power to act." "

"The indictment alleges that the day before the riot, Trump “approved and caused” his campaign to issue a false statement saying Pence agreed with him about having the power to reject electoral votes – even though Trump knew, from a one-on-one meeting with Pence hours prior, that Pence continued to firmly disagree"

Pants positively ablaze!

Edited by Salt n Vinegar

1 hour ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

I've hoped that Trump was going to have a hard time defending his actions and utterances about the previous election but even I found this CNN summary very interesting.  I know that CNN can probably be considered squarely in the "no fan of Trump" camp, bus wow...

https://edition.cnn.com/2023/08/02/politics/trump-indictment-lies/index.html

Some of them are belters.  This is just one of them... no 5 on the list of 21...

"The lie that “the Vice President and I are in total agreement that the Vice President has the power to act." "

"The indictment alleges that the day before the riot, Trump “approved and caused” his campaign to issue a false statement saying Pence agreed with him about having the power to reject electoral votes – even though Trump knew, from a one-on-one meeting with Pence hours prior, that Pence continued to firmly disagree"

Pants positively ablaze!

Once this sociopath is out of the picture it is going to take political discourse in the USA a very long time to get back to some sort of ‘normality’.

2 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

Once this sociopath is out of the picture it is going to take political discourse in the USA a very long time to get back to some sort of ‘normality’.

It will never be out of the picture. The US is rife with sociopathy and always has been. It's entire economy runs on the ideology of self interest and entitlement and that's how people who live there are raised to be. Even the so called "democrats" are sociopathic assholes.

If Trump is the nominee in 2024 and loses the GE I wonder in there is any chance of the GOP splitting.  I’d imagine the big money swilling around the Republican Party must come from non-Trump people who would like to exert control, particularly if they see Trumpism continuing to be the cause of lost elections.