The Official Former President Trump thread

banana

Y'all are the crazy ones not me. The fact that he used his own money rather than government money to pay for travel

He didn't, he used campaign funds. He's not allowed to use those at his personal whim, they're for campaigning, that's the law. I'm not sure how I can make this any easier for you.

5 hours ago, Zetterlund said:

The funny thing about this picture is that yesterday she denied ever meeting the Russian ambassador.

"Have you ever met with the Russian ambassador?"

"Not with this ambassador. Never."

she didn't mean a group meeting, but a one on one meeting. It's almost like you sometimes interpret a question one way in your own head whole it could possibly be interpreted by others in a different way. That or she became the 2nd democrat to lie about meeting the Russian ambassador in order kill Sessions' career. My Democrat Senator, who also serves on the Armed Forces Committee, went on tv right after this story broke and said he meets with ambassadors all the time when asked.

Sessions is safe. This is starting to boomerang around. The bigger right wing outlets like Rush Limbaugh, Mark Levin (hardcore NeverTrumper), Breitbart, and Fox News are now covering Obama's attempts to spy on Trump during the campaign. Multiple attempts at FISA wiretap warrants. Changes in rules for the NSA sharing raw data on intercepted phone conversations involving American citizens. Sen Orin Hatch and Paul Ryan both brought it up today. Everyone is calling for investigations of Obama's conduct. Fox News is finally reporting on Obama's Justice Department slush fund where they would shake down companies based on the "disparate impact" theory, but allow them to donate to left wing social justice groups like La Raza and the Urban League instead of facing charges. The Jesse Jackson / Al Sharpton move with the force of the government behind the shake down.

In the evidence that the mainstream media is Trump's main opposition party:

sessions_vs_holder_graph.jpg?itok=xAocVZ

Part of the manchilds speech the other night was a plea to put petty differences in the past.
His twitter feed for the last few hours has mostly been him whingeing about petty differences.

37 minutes ago, mjw said:

Part of the manchilds speech the other night was a plea to put petty differences in the past.
His twitter feed for the last few hours has mostly been him whingeing about petty differences.

He's just projecting.  Everything he's accusing Obama of, he's probably doing right now.  I'm amazed nobody in his team has taken his phone away from him. It's going to cost him his presidency.

If it was tapped, it can only be done by the FBI and on the grounds of malfeasance. There has to be evidence in order to permit tapping.

Trump's either lying or somebody in his offices was in cahoots with Moscow under his watch.

We now know the real reason Joe Biden decided not to run. He claimed it was due to mourning his son Beau's death. It's come out that Beau's widow is dating Hunter Biden, Joe's other son. Hunter is still married, but separated. The timeline on when his new relationship started is unclear. Hunter's wife is claiming in divorce filings that he's been blowing through all their money on prostitutes and drugs since their separation. She's asking a judge put a hold on his assets. Hunter was kicked out of the military while Joe was Vice President over his cocaine use. I'm sure the Clinton mafia gently let Joe know that politics isn't a nice sport.

I have never understood the American obsession of smearing politicians with the acts of their grown-up children . Why should his son's infidelity be damaging?

46 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

I know it won't happen, but I'd love to see Obama sue Trump for defamation over his wiretap comments.  Trump would then need to justify the accusation in court and offer evidence.

Or more likely, settle out of court, say he won, spell "dog" incorrectly on Twitter, then sit back as a couple of million solitary toothed hillbillies shoot their guns in the air whooping "USA! USA! USA!"

3 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

If it was tapped, it can only be done by the FBI and on the grounds of malfeasance. There has to be evidence in order to permit tapping.

Trump's either lying or somebody in his offices was in cahoots with Moscow under his watch.

They went through the FISA courts, which are separate. FISA courts grant warrants 99.9999999% of the time and are in general never used to gather evidence which will be used in criminal cases. They turned down the initial request. Another warrant was granted a few months later.

Speculation on whether the Obama administration was spying on Trump has been around since just after the election. I can't say what's true, but it's been suggested that the military people involved in the intelligence community gave Trump the heads up about what was going on.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/pentagon-and-intelligence-community-chiefs-have-urged-obama-to-remove-the-head-of-the-nsa/2016/11/19/44de6ea6-adff-11e6-977a-1030f822fc35_story.html?utm_term=.8fb2bc693bbd

The heads of the Pentagon and the nation’s intelligence community have recommended to President Obama that the director of the National Security Agency, Adm. Michael S. Rogers, be removed.

The recommendation, delivered to the White House last month, was made by Defense Secretary Ashton B. Carter and Director of National Intelligence James R. Clapper Jr., according to several U.S. officials familiar with the matter.

Action has been delayed, some administration officials said, because relieving Rogers of his duties is tied to another controversial recommendation: to create separate chains of command at the NSA and the military’s cyberwarfare unit, a recommendation by Clapper and Carter that has been stalled because of other issues.

. . .

In a move apparently unprecedented for a military officer, Rogers, without notifying superiors, traveled to New York to meet with Trump on Thursday at Trump Tower. That caused consternation at senior levels of the administration, according to the officials, who spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss internal personnel matters.

Here's an article from former federal terrorism prosecutor Andrew McCarthy in January. It was written in the Never Trump National Review.

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/443768/obama-fisa-trump-wiretap

FISA and the Trump Team

The idea that FISA could be used against political enemies always seemed far-fetched. Now it might not be.

1 hour ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

I have never understood the American obsession of smearing politicians with the acts of their grown-up children . Why should his son's infidelity be damaging?

Didn't know this was an American thing.

I don't think it would be so much that it would damage Biden. It would be that he wouldn't want the Clinton press investigating his family situation which would embarrass and potentially damage his kids. The Clinton's are notorious dirty players when it comes to politics. That isn't my partisan opinion, that's the general consensus that's existed my whole life.