The Official Former President Trump thread

banana

50 minutes ago, mjw said:

Another Friday resignation/sacking.
Thomas Price leaves after running up 1million dollars in travel expenses.

He's apparently going to pay for "his seat" on the flights.  They cost hundreds of thousands of dollars and he's paying just over $51k; I don't get the arithmetic.

21 minutes ago, Cerberus said:

Drawing the swamp.

Just going to get my pencil

1 hour ago, mjw said:

Another Friday resignation/sacking.
Thomas Price leaves after running up 1million dollars in travel expenses.

In a general response to the report, an HHS spokesperson said: “When commercial aircraft cannot reasonably accommodate travel requirements, charter aircraft can be used for official travel.”

Politico readily disputed that explanation.

A few examples: Price took a charter flight from Washington Dulles International Airport to Philadelphia, departing at 8:27 am. A commercial United Airlines flight left at almost the exact same time. The United flight would have cost less than $750; the charter trip cost $25,000, according to Politico.

The Politico reporters Dan Diamond and Rachana Pradhan also noted that Price could have taken an Amtrak train to Philadelphia for less than $100 or been driven by SUV and potentially paid $30 in gas.

The train from Washington to Philadelphia takes 1 1/2 hours, and leaves from Union Station, a mile from his office. Could have taken that long just to get to the airport at that time. A bus trip goes for from $5.

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2017/9/22/16349820/tom-price-hhs-private-charter-flights-explained

Edited by welshbairn

17 hours ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

Calling gay people 'animals' or 'less than animals' is not just odd and incorrect, it's deeply offensive and homophobic.  Ignorance is not a defence in this case, he's a widely travelled athlete.

Incidentally, many on the right in America share his views. Seems you live in an uneducated and very conservative society.

Why not just come out and say it ? It's not the method of protest that's the issue, it's the fact they're protesting in the first place.

The head of state is calling for people to be sacked for not standing up for the national anthem.

Apart from the tenents councils, community centres and black businesses and co-ops they set up aye ?

So it's offensive to some? You want him fired and speech like that banned? Because it's offensive? But only speech that you find offensive? Not kneeling during the anthem? That's just offensive to other people? Not you? So it's fine? I'm really struggling to see the principle. Is it just a case by case basis on what offends progressives today? I'm personally not offended by anything regarding sex so long as kids aren't being fucked over (literally and figuratively), and that includes opinions on sexual morality. I'm very libertarian in that way.

Yes, I disagree with the protest. I think its ridiculous for two reasons. If we are talking about interracial violence, then black on white crime has blown white on black crime out of the water for almost 150 years in this country. It's a landslide. And if it's about specifically the state engaging in violence, well I think BLM is about as stupid as if white people were up in arms because cops shoot us at a massively hire rate compared to East Asians. Wonder why that is? I don't particularly care what form the protests take. With regard to disrespecting American symbols I'm only offended if immigrants or children of immigrants do that. I think black people have their right to think what they want about this country and it's symbols. If they want to embrace America, that's fine. If they want to embrace their particular form of America, that's fine. If they want to reject America, that's fine. I'm not offended. I just specifically disagree with what they are protesting about.

6 hours ago, kilbowie2002 said:

Pretty sure Joe Biden did that almost daily. Amtrack Joe or something they called him.

Yeah. He was a real asshole who inconvenienced thousands of travelers per month so he could pose as a "common man."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4934664/Colin-Kaepernick-donated-25K-group-honoring-cop-killer.html

Colin Kaepernick donated $25,000 to group named after convicted cop killer and former Black Liberation Army member Assata Shakur who broke out of jail and fled to Cuba

Also, Northern California radio personalities Jack Armstrong and Joe Getty are claiming that the Oakland Raiders black offensive line allowed their QB, Derek Carr, to be sacked multiple times on purpose as punishment for his refusal to kneel during the anthem. Their source quoted an offensive lineman as saying, "If he want's to stand alone, he can stand alone on the field." Who knows whether this is true. Can't find any reporting on it in reputable news sources.

And here's Steelers offensive lineman Maurkice Pouncey saying he expects the team to have 100% participation in the anthem this week.

I've got his jersey. Might have to put in on this week.

Edited by TheProgressiveLiberal

Anthems before a normal league game is cringeworthy, unnecessary and pathetic.

Typical pathetic over the top American crap which results in idiotic windbags like Trump becoming president.

Trump is already a failure and looking forward to seeing brexit failing as well.

Prime of example of democracy giving idiots and redneck racists the vote to f**k up society.

6 hours ago, mjw said:

Moron.

No. I posted info that was reported by legit radio hosts which are syndicated across the Western US. Just pointing out that it was their info, not something that had been confirmed through multiple sources.

5 hours ago, doulikefish said:

Swampy linking to the daily mail lol

So, was the article wrong? Kaep didn't donate money to that charity.

It's stuff like this why he doesn't have a job, not just his protests. Wearing socks in public comparing cops to pigs. The Castro shirt. The tweets on Independence Day about Africa. His girlfriend comparing players who are friends with NFL owners  to "house negros." He's a walking distraction, which is not acceptable from a backup QB.

1 hour ago, Zetterlund said:

Seething.

The problem with Puerto Rico is the locals. They haven't been able to get their local government employees to show up. The fake news is going on and on about the Jones Act and shipping, but independent journalists have been filming the ports full off ships with supplies. The issue according to people they interview is that none of the government employees have been showing up to do their jobs. Everyone is just sitting on their ass and waiting for someone else to do something. There's only so much the federal government can do with no local help.

15 minutes ago, TheProgressiveLiberal said:

No. I posted info that was reported by legit radio hosts which are syndicated across the Western US. Just pointing out that it was their info, not something that had been confirmed through multiple sources.

So, was the article wrong? Kaep didn't donate money to that charity.

It's stuff like this why he doesn't have a job, not just his protests. Wearing socks in public comparing cops to pigs. The Castro shirt. The tweets on Independence Day about Africa. His girlfriend comparing players who are friends with NFL owners  to "house negros." He's a walking distraction, which is not acceptable from a backup QB.

The problem with Puerto Rico is the locals. They haven't been able to get their local government employees to show up. The fake news is going on and on about the Jones Act and shipping, but independent journalists have been filming the ports full off ships with supplies. The issue according to people they interview is that none of the government employees have been showing up to do their jobs. Everyone is just sitting on their ass and waiting for someone else to do something. There's only so much the federal government can do with no local help.

The only fake news network is Fox.

They keep pretending Trump is a success as President.

He is America's version of Boris just a bumbling bigoted fool.

On 9/29/2017 at 08:47, TheProgressiveLiberal said:

I just don't see it like Mr. Ventura. When you choose specifically to disrespect the national symbols as part of your political protest, you are basically saying that you aren't part of "my team." That goes beyond politics. It's fine. I'm not offended. It is what it is. I don't feel obligated to worry about those people's opinions. That's not what they are after anyways. They are trying to separate themselves from the greater society, not raise awareness or convince people that things need to change. It's tribal signaling. 

Patriotism has nothing to do with the government of the day. 

It should be pointed out that the most successful black civil rights movements were fought by coopting traditional American symbolism, not by emphasizing a separate black identity.  Black power went nowhere and did nothing. It's a political dead end, but it does have romantic appeal. It gets you cheers from certain sections if that's what your looking for. 

But they aren't disrespecting anyone, its a peaceful protest. The whole, pledge allegiance crap they force on kids at school and the constant playing of the national theme song and logo is cringe worthy forced garbage. Patriotism has everything to do with the government of the day, you cant sit there and say "Oh, well i don't like the actions of my government now, but they were great 10-50 whatever years ago so they are still okay" If a government is ignoring or not doing enough to tackle an issue that is resulting in the loss of lives then you absolutely have the right to protest. Say what you want, but his choice of taking a knee is bringing far more attention to this issue(although the issue is being ignored still) than pretty much anything else he could have done.

I totally agree with Jessie Ventura when he says that governments should earn their patriotism, it shouldn't be forced on people or looked at as mandatory 

3 hours ago, EdgarusQPFC said:

But they aren't disrespecting anyone, its a peaceful protest. The whole, pledge allegiance crap they force on kids at school and the constant playing of the national theme song and logo is cringe worthy forced garbage. Patriotism has everything to do with the government of the day, you cant sit there and say "Oh, well i don't like the actions of my government now, but they were great 10-50 whatever years ago so they are still okay" If a government is ignoring or not doing enough to tackle an issue that is resulting in the loss of lives then you absolutely have the right to protest. Say what you want, but his choice of taking a knee is bringing far more attention to this issue(although the issue is being ignored still) than pretty much anything else he could have done. 

I totally agree with Jessie Ventura when he says that governments should earn their patriotism, it shouldn't be forced on people or looked at as mandatory 

A peaceful protest can be disrespectful. Respect is a completely social construct. We are all taught that certain actions are respectful and certain actions are disrespectful. I remember being a kid playing Little League baseball and Pop Warner football. When we would be acting like dumb kids making up new words when they played the anthem before games, or we weren't in our proper place when the song started, the word the coaches always used when correcting our behavior was "respect." This isn't a case of SJW's trying to change definitions of words or the meaning of symbols and then claiming that all of society has to change or be labeled disrespectful. We should fight back against that. This is the case of an ancient ritual with much history. Lines of respect and disrespect are well established when it comes to behavior during patriotic songs. It's why all the liberal white cheerleaders of this movement, outside of a very small 1% fringe, can't actually bring themselves to kneel down as well. 

Everyone knew about the police shootings and black lives matter. This brought no new attention. All it did was polarize opinion farther on an already polarizing topic. Kaepernick wasn't trying to convince the people on the other side of the issue that we need a change. He was signaling to his own group. And in my estimation the black Fox Sports presenter Jason Whitlock is right. It was about a mix race guy adopted and raised by a rich, white suburban family proving his blackness through politics because he doesn't have any of the culture. Maurkice Pouncey, the Steeler in the video I posted before, is getting lit up by black people for his stance. They are claiming that he was raised exclusively by the white side of his family and calling him a traitor. And if you ever meet black people who are mixed and raised by whites or black people adopted by whites they have the same story about being expected to go beyond to prove their blackness.

I still say that patriotism has nothing to do with government. It's about first loyalty to your country, nation, culture, or group.

3 minutes ago, TheProgressiveLiberal said:

A peaceful protest can be disrespectful. Respect is a completely social construct. We are all taught that certain actions are respectful and certain actions are disrespectful. I remember being a kid playing Little League baseball and Pop Warner football. When we would be acting like dumb kids making up new words when they played the anthem before games, or we weren't in our proper place when the song started, the word the coaches always used when correcting our behavior was "respect." This isn't a case of SJW's trying to change definitions of words or the meaning of symbols and then claiming that all of society has to change or be labeled disrespectful. We should fight back against that. This is the case of an ancient ritual with much history. Lines of respect and disrespect are well established when it comes to behavior during patriotic songs. It's why all the liberal white cheerleaders of this movement, outside of a very small 1% fringe, can't actually bring themselves to kneel down as well. 

Everyone knew about the police shootings and black lives matter. This brought no new attention. All it did was polarize opinion farther on an already polarizing topic. Kaepernick wasn't trying to convince the people on the other side of the issue that we need a change. He was signaling to his own group. And in my estimation the black Fox Sports presenter Jason Whitlock is right. It was about a mix race guy adopted and raised by a rich, white suburban family proving his blackness through politics because he doesn't have any of the culture. Maurkice Pouncey, the Steeler in the video I posted before, is getting lit up by black people for his stance. They are claiming that he was raised exclusively by the white side of his family and calling him a traitor. And if you ever meet black people who are mixed and raised by whites or black people adopted by whites they have the same story about being expected to go beyond to prove their blackness.

I still say that patriotism has nothing to do with government. It's about first loyalty to your country, nation, culture, or group.

You're not American you tosser

4 minutes ago, TheProgressiveLiberal said:

Sure I am.

Grateful as well.

You keep saying, "Who would want to be American?" American citizenship is the most valuable thing that most Americans own. That's why our government has a responsibility to defend it's value.

You're fucking Scottish you tit.

America has no values.

It is a racist hellhole constantly fighting wars in countries they have no place.

Also the dumbfucks elected an absolute c**t called Trump.

Edited by KarlMarx

11 hours ago, TheProgressiveLiberal said:

So it's offensive to some? You want him fired and speech like that banned? Because it's offensive? But only speech that you find offensive? Not kneeling during the anthem? That's just offensive to other people? Not you? So it's fine? I'm really struggling to see the principle. Is it just a case by case basis on what offends progressives today? I'm personally not offended by anything regarding sex so long as kids aren't being fucked over (literally and figuratively), and that includes opinions on sexual morality. I'm very libertarian in that way.

Calm down m8, that's not what I said. 'Free speech' isn't absolute as well you know, it comes with responsibilities. Describing a group of people, a group I may add, who still face persecution in many places around the world, as sub-human is unacceptable behaviour. Paquaio can say whatever he wants, although he has to be prepared to accept the consequences of what he said. The consequence was he lost a lucrative contract with Nike.

6 hours ago, TheProgressiveLiberal said:

The problem with Puerto Rico is the locals.

Is it aye ?

As a casual onlooker, it would appear to me that the problem with Puerto Rico is that it's been hit by a fucking massive natural disaster. Floods, no power or clean water, 90% of mobile phone towers down, people, Americans dying. I don't think it's in the least bit surprising that some folk haven't turned up for their work tbh. 

Still, I'm sure the folks down there are grateful that their president has found time to shitpost about their mayor in between rounds of golf.

Is it aye ?
As a casual onlooker, it would appear to me that the problem with Puerto Rico is that it's been hit by a fucking massive natural disaster. Floods, no power or clean water, 90% of mobile phone towers down, people, Americans dying. I don't think it's in the least bit surprising that some folk haven't turned up for their work tbh. 
Still, I'm sure the folks down there are grateful that their president has found time to shitpost about their mayor in between rounds of golf.

Hey leave it out man it's an island with big water around it