The Official Former President Trump thread

banana

It was fully publicised at the time, don't really understand why it's news now, other than Trump desperately trying to divert attention.

The Uranium One thing came from Infowars and Zero Hedge, and, inevitably, was routinely laughed out of town. With Mueller honing in on the White House, Trump and Hannity et al dusted off the cobwebs. This primary thing is a distraction from the criminal President, as you say. And nobody’s fooled.

After Trump’s long gone, there are a whole pile of Fox hosts who will have lost all credibility. At this point, anyone who believes in the Uranium scandal or who thinks Clinton’s primary victory is a story can join the Birther queue of fruit loops.

Yup. Not really surprising. That said, the Democratic primaries are an internal matter, not at all comparable to what Trump’s being accused of. In fact, all primaries are slanted in favour of whoever has the most money. Nine times out of ten, that’s the establishment candidate. Possibly the two worst candidates in a modern US presidential run-off.

GOAT moment in the campaign when Hilary Clinton tweeted an article entitled "how to choose between the two most corrupt presidential candidates of all time" ?

It was fully publicised at the time, don't really understand why it's news now, other than Trump desperately trying to divert attention.

The only reason there was any real talk of rigging was WikiLeaks. Clinton and her team then made the narrative all about who hacked the DNC rather than at least pretending to be annoyed about the fix. You could put her losing down to many things, but I don’t think there was a bigger reason than a woman long since accused of corruption actually being caught being, er, corrupt.

It’s in the news because Brazile is bringing out a book. Helpful to Trump, sure, but for a change he isn’t responsible for this coming up now.

2 minutes ago, Paco said:

The only reason there was any real talk of rigging was WikiLeaks. Clinton and her team then made the narrative all about who hacked the DNC rather than at least pretending to be annoyed about the fix. You could put her losing down to many things, but I don’t think there was a bigger reason than a woman long since accused of corruption actually being caught being, er, corrupt.

It’s in the news because Brazile is bringing out a book. Helpful to Trump, sure, but for a change he isn’t responsible for this coming up now.

She's probably the most investigated politician on the planet and they've found zilch. Skewing the DNC in her favour broke the norms but wasn't illegal. And it all came out before the election.

20 minutes ago, Hibs4Life said:

Trump is the man. Simple and straight to the point. Criticising him is water of a ducks back. GO TRUMP!

They had a quote from me that NATO’s obsolete. But they didn’t say why it was obsolete. I was on Wolf Blitzer, very fair interview, the first time I was ever asked about NATO, because I wasn’t in government. People don’t go around asking about NATO if I’m building a building in Manhattan, right? So they asked me, Wolf … asked me about NATO, and I said two things. NATO’s obsolete—not knowing much about NATO, now I know a lot about NATO—NATO is obsolete, and I said, “And the reason it’s obsolete is because of the fact they don’t focus on terrorism.” You know, back when they did NATO there was no such thing as terrorism.

TRUMP: OK. The one thing I’ve learned to do that I never thought I had the ability to do. I don’t watch CNN anymore.

AP: You just said you did.

TRUMP: No. No, I, if I’m passing it, what did I just say (inaudible)?

AP: You just said —

TRUMP: Where? Where?

AP: Two minutes ago.

TRUMP: No, they treat me so badly. No, I just said that. No, I, what’d I say, I stopped watching them. But I don’t watch CNN anymore. I don’t watch MSNBC. I don’t watch it. Now I heard yesterday that MSNBC, you know, they tell me what’s going on.

AP: Right.

TRUMP: In fact, they also did. I never thought I had the ability to not watch. Like, people think I watch (MSNBC’s) “Morning Joe.” I don’t watch “Morning Joe.” I never thought I had the ability to, and who used to treat me great by the way, when I played the game. I never thought I had the ability to not watch what is unpleasant, if it’s about me. Or pleasant. But when I see it’s such false reporting and such bad reporting and false reporting that I’ve developed an ability that I never thought I had. I don’t watch things that are unpleasant. I just don’t watch them.

This is quite fun from Fox. It's basically saying that Trump is a thick and dangerous arsehole but keeping within the very strict rules about being nice about Trump until Murdoch gets whatever deal he's after out of him.

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2017/11/03/trumps-asia-trip-could-be-incredible-success-if-does-this.html

26 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

This is quite fun from Fox. It's basically saying that Trump is a thick and dangerous arsehole but keeping within the very strict rules about being nice about Trump until Murdoch gets whatever deal he's after out of him.

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2017/11/03/trumps-asia-trip-could-be-incredible-success-if-does-this.html

It's staggering that anyone can still think the answer to North Korea is more pressure and more missiles pointing at them. Hopefully Xi can talk some sense into Trump on this one.

30 minutes ago, Zetterlund said:

It's staggering that anyone can still think the answer to North Korea is more pressure and more missiles pointing at them. Hopefully Xi can talk some sense into Trump on this one.

Dumping the Pacific Trade Deal was dumb as well. The EU got fast tracked into a hugely preferential trade deal with Japan after the US bowed out, and China is gaining more influence as direct result.