The Official Former President Trump thread

banana

1 hour ago, Granny Danger said:

Canada and Mexico abstain.  Cowardly c***s.

1 hour ago, Kejan said:

Trudeau the wet feartie lettuce.

This. Trudeau's constant fence sitting and avoidance of saying anything negative about the Trump administration is complete shitebaggery. Must be shitting themselves over the NAFTA negotiations. 

Without wanting to sound nice about Trump, isn't he just saying up front what other Presidents have done before?

As I recall, years ago, some countries opposed the USA at the UN concerning an "illegal war" by another US President and he then withdrew aid to those countries.

1 hour ago, Fullerene said:

Without wanting to sound nice about Trump, isn't he just saying up front what other Presidents have done before?

The whole whether Israel should exist is  one argument. But Jerusalem is another. The US support for Israel and its politics is one thing but Jerusalem  is a holy city to most of the worlds people.  Trying to claim exclusive possession of it cuts into  huge number of people who have little interest in Palestine vs Israel. 

The unofficial English national anthem is  Jerusalem. 

Rastafarians talk of Zion (in Jerusalem) vs Babylon. 

Its status resonates across the world. It aint Milton Keynes. 

Personally I am not sure that Trump gives a shit about Israel, Palestine, Jerusalem or anywhere to be honest.

In the USA, he is mainly associated with his TV show and it is like he is still focused on the ratings war.

"What can I do this week that will grab the headlines and stop people talking about something else?"

Has there been a single week of his presidency where he has not raised this question?

52 minutes ago, Fullerene said:

Personally I am not sure that Trump gives a shit about Israel, Palestine, Jerusalem or anywhere to be honest.

In the USA, he is mainly associated with his TV show and it is like he is still focused on the ratings war.

"What can I do this week that will grab the headlines and stop people talking about something else?"

Has there been a single week of his presidency where he has not raised this question?

Posted the same two pages back.

Anyway, I’m really pissed about Micronesia’s vote and have decided to boycott Nissan.

The thing is Trump couldn’t give a f**k about Israel; I doubt he could  participate in a discussion about the issue.
However he is both appealing to part of his base and projecting a ‘tough USA’ position to folk who lap up this kind of gesture politics.

He declared Jerusalem the Israeli capital then proceeded to sign the same 6-monthly document that previous US Presidents have signed to delay moving the US embassy from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem.

It's Trump to a tee - talks one thing and does another.