The Official Former President Trump thread

banana

You can only judge people on their actions and words. In this respect Trump is in my view a reprehensible individual, he has stirred up populist racist feeling, mocked a disabled person bullied locals in Aberdeen and boasted about sexual assault ,he harks back to Reagan's time as a great time for the US when in reality Reaganomics was a free market free for all that the US has never recovered from and is responsible for the wealth inequality in that country. Money speaks for money and he has no interest in helping the poor and disenfranchised. He is dangerous to the world and if people want to protest I applaud them. I just feel apathy.

11 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

banana's trolling extending to mock-praising the head of the KKK is a low I didn't think possible for this thread

It's his inability to write in English that gets me, I rarely understand what he's on about. "Fallacy bingo." Which fallacies? His language is so fixated on American right new speak that I think he may well live across the pond.

Edited by welshbairn

13 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

It's his inability to write in English that gets me, I rarely understand what he's on about. "Fallacy bingo." Which fallacies? His language is so fixated on American right new speak that I think he may well live across the pond.

You only don't understand because you're a feminazi cuck.

(I love that a bunch of furious, pasty virgins use cuck as their ultimate insult)

I went to the protest on Regent Street in Edinburgh. Not because I want to undermine democracy or somehow change the result, but to make a statement that I don't accept the world view that Trump espouses and to show solidarity with women.

What has he said or done against women that you felt you needed to show solidarity?

32 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

banana's trolling extending to mock-praising the head of the KKK is a low I didn't think possible for this thread

I wouldn't expect less from the sort of loser that seems to be the wrong side of 40 and uses the patter of teenage dorks on 4chan.

1 hour ago, Swordfishtrombone said:

You can only judge people on their actions and words. In this respect Trump is in my view a reprehensible individual, he has stirred up populist racist feeling, mocked a disabled person bullied locals in Aberdeen and boasted about sexual assault ,he harks back to Reagan's time as a great time for the US when in reality Reaganomics was a free market free for all that the US has never recovered from and is responsible for the wealth inequality in that country. Money speaks for money and he has no interest in helping the poor and disenfranchised. He is dangerous to the world and if people want to protest I applaud them. I just feel apathy.

Yet this is also the same person who not so long ago sneered at Republicans as dumber than rocks, after winning the election said there was a lot of good things about Obamacare after all, & appears to chop & change his opinions in accordance with what's trending on Twitter & popular within the mass market media.

Reagan was a puppet president for vested interests who indulged in school bully foreign policy to please rednecks that never got over the U.S. getting their arse kicked by their Vietnamese "assets" gone rogue 20 years earlier (an all too familiar story of American relations with the world). What Trump REALLY believes in is anyone's guess, & that's what makes him so terrifying as a President.

His presidency will be in accordance with nothing more than the whims of his ego - like Kim Jong Il, except in this case not in charge of some backward basket case, but a nation with the capability to create international chaos & which could easily take decades to put right after. Right wing conservatives & Vladimir Putin may be feeling smug now, but I've a feeling it will be less than a year before they come to bitterly regret ignoring those their own common sense telling them of the insanity of allowing the most powerful nation on earth to be controlled by a 70 year old plutocrat who cannot even control himself.

4 hours ago, jmothecat said:

I went to the protest on Regent Street in Edinburgh. Not because I want to undermine democracy or somehow change the result, but to make a statement that I don't accept the world view that Trump espouses and to show solidarity with women.

What a piece of astonishing arrogance.  To think that anybody really gives a damn about what you do or do not accept.

12 minutes ago, McRuffian said:

What a piece of astonishing arrogance.  To think that anybody really gives a damn about what you do or do not accept.

What a piece of astonishing arrogance. To think that anybody really gives a damn about what you do or do not accept.

Just now, jmothecat said:

Hence why you decided not to respond to my post.

I didn't go to the effort of dragging my self-righteous arse out onto the streets to get involved in a meaningless protest mind you.

Just browsing the forum, saw this and it cracked me up.

"Solidarity with women".  FFS.

Quite the progressive. Hahaha.

3 minutes ago, McRuffian said:

I didn't go to the effort of dragging my self-righteous arse out onto the streets to get involved in a meaningless protest mind you.

Just browsing the forum, saw this and it cracked me up.

"Solidarity with women".  FFS.

Quite the progressive. Hahaha.

Yeah, but the protest isn't just about women. It's about all marginalised people in society, like the disabled, people of colour, mentally ill, financially disadvantaged, non-christians  etc.

Have you even listened to any of Trump's speeches?

Meaningless protest? Folk might have lost the vote but democracy gives the right to protest. Unless you proscribe to the right wing mantra of " You lost, suck it up"