Nigel Farage has played a blinder!

John Lambies Doos

14 hours ago, Wee Willie said:

Well done - A post with nae personal abuse. :thumsup2

But you didn't answer my post.

Do you agree (or at least accept) what I posted?

You: I would suggest that MP's from Scottish Westminster  constituencies ,  just like the  Holyrood Govt , are failing the Scottish electorate by not engaging fully in the British parliamentary system.

Me: I pinched this from another thread but I cannae place it where I want.

I think the SNP are doing no bad in a place we dinnae want tae be.

expenses.jpg

Your post that you wanted an answer to was a lot of your usual irrelevant nonsense.

The document ^^^ that you have reproduced indicates to me that the SNP are engaged in  clogging the system of government with their pernicious presence and not attempting to achieve anything meaningful for Scotland but simply oppose the Govt at every opportunity.

The SNP in Westminster have to accept that the Tory Govt in Westminster will crack on with their programme with  or without the SNP and if the SNP do want Westminster to do more for Scotland ( that's a big IF btw) then they should engage, negotiate and stop the petty point scoring as illustrated by the document above.

Unfortunately the SNP are just like all the other politicians that have gone before them......self absorbed, disingenuous, inflexible, dogmatic.

I just want my representatives to fight to improve the daily lives and future prospects of their constituents. I see the SNP fighting for their own relevance and nothing else.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 hours ago, Randy Giles said:

Not really. My reasons for wanting independence are purely selfish. I don't see any way that Westminster can be a benefit to us given that the two biggest parties there have shown time and time again that Scotland doesn't matter, and the voters in England are happy to just swing to the right on most things. And it IS the English vote that matters more than any other.

Whereas the moron I quoted just celebrates the no vote and has no answer to it. He probably knows it's true and just doesn't care. Unless he's one of the Tory voting idiots out there who DOES see past the union jack, and is just a c**t with no morals.

So you are a selfish git.There are many who are selfish but don't admit to it. So well done for at least coming to a conclusion. Does your fervent nationalism trump his staunch unionism? You must have read how sturgeon does not care about anything other than separation from Westminster, a euphemism for England. Swing to the right is what the snp would do as free enterprise combined with small "c" conservatism is the surest way to prosperity. If you do not believe this you should give all your disposable income to the Government. Or perhaps you are a beneficiary of public largesse, so you need people to contribute through the tax system to keep you in the style you have become accustomed too. I am also one of the happy and utterly foolish people, the majority, who rejoice every day for being given the chance by, the snp, to reject their raison d'etre.

Can't wait to hear their reason  for not publishing their mass consultation

19 hours ago, Wee Willie said:

Listen sunshine.

I'm a Third Division Superstar and you're merely a Junior League Sub.

You can play with the big boys when you're promoted. :lol:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: MAMMY MAMMY I pished my nappy laughing again I need my nappy changed...Aye mam Wee willie posted again.

But seriously now. Just how big are you big boy!

• 2 weeks later...

Nigel saying that quitting as UKIP leader means" he no longer has to mix with low grade and unintelligent people "

We can see who he means. The poster above this is a prime example.

The self serving c*nt has used these idiots to further his own career and at great expense to the country.

How do the brexiteers feel to be called low grade and unintelligent by their messiah?

13 minutes ago, WILLIEA said:

Nigel saying that quitting as UKIP leader means" he no longer has to mix with low grade and unintelligent people "

The self serving c*nt has used these idiots to further his own career and at great expense to the country.

How do the brexiteers feel to be called low grade and unintelligent by their messiah?

ffs 15 days. you certainly know how to bide yer time. an aw fur what... och aye the noo. wit an oxter

UKIP - 4m votes
Leave - 17m votes

I'll leave it to you to work out.

2 hours ago, strichener said:

UKIP - 4m votes
Leave - 17m votes

I'll leave it to you to work out.

The fact that you got a greenie from the barista is telling! No?

63 % of those eligible to vote didn't vote for brexit.

Statistics Eh? 

8 hours ago, WILLIEA said:

Statistics Eh? 

It's not telling at all. You seem to be implying that everyone that voted for Brexit gives a f**k about Farage or would vote for UKIP which is a really fucking stupid thing to suggest.

1 hour ago, Randy Giles said:

It's not telling at all. You seem to be implying that everyone that voted for Brexit gives a f**k about Farage or would vote for UKIP which is a really fucking stupid thing to suggest.

:1eye You still drunk from last night or have you started early this morning?

How you could extrapolate that from my post I have no idea.

Away and have a lie down then think about another name change. You've used up your embarrassment quota for that one.

So you'll admit that the question above is meaningless then. Since you now seem to know that many folk don't see him as a messiah at all and likely will pay as much attention to this as they did to anything else he says. Which is not much.

Statistics Eh? 

"How many didnt vote for something' is the retort of an imbecile.

But let's play your silly game - comparatively how many people didn't vote to leave against didn't vote to remain? Oops same result as the referendum. Majorities eh?

27 minutes ago, strichener said:

But let's play your silly game - comparatively how many people didn't vote to leave against didn't vote to remain? Oops same result as the referendum. Majorities eh?

Oooft! Getting awful angry and personal here. Unlike you.

Could it be that deep down you are beginning to realise that brexit as you envisaged is not going to happen and that at least a modicum of common sense will prevail?

Can you apply the same logic to the 1979 referendum?

If not, please explain why it was legitimate to ignore the majority on that occasion.

6 hours ago, lichtgilphead said:

Can you apply the same logic to the 1979 referendum?

If not, please explain why it was legitimate to ignore the majority on that occasion.

Of course you can apply the same logic.  The Labour amendment to the bill was anti-democratic and I have previous called it out as such

On 21/11/2016 at 08:02, strichener said:

Eh? The majority voted for it. A Labour amendment to the bill was the sole reason that the voting majority voice was ignored in 1979.

On 21/11/2016 at 20:33, strichener said:

What has this to do with your original post?  Labour didn't lose the vote on Devolution, they caused the outcome.  Without the 40% criteria, the 1979 referendum would have led to devolution.  Labour didn't have an objective of devolution for Scotland until Blair thought that it would be a good idea.  Even he has subsequently stated that he thinks it was a mistake that he did not do enough to keep independence off the agenda.

So back to the EU Referendum and majorities...

• 4 weeks later...

Archived