Brechin v Rovers

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bitterly disappointed to lose tonight especially after such a promising start and taking the lead. A combination of poor finishing, dreadful refereeing and a well drilled Albion side was our downfall tonight. How we didn't score any of those goalmouth scrambles is beyond me. Was very impressed with Steven Boyd for Albion, he was a real handful.

On the plus side good to see Graham, Jacko and Trouts all starting. However where was Dougie Hill and Pabs?!

Need to get a win next week, we don't want this (injury induced) mini slump to continue much longer.

Just now, citydiehard said:

New we wouldn't last long at the top of the league,two defeats on the trot is not good enough,Dodds on a sticky wicket if he doesn't buck up his ideas.Pish game tonight just like the weather.

Better not check back on your last 4 results mate.

24 minutes ago, Vodka Vic said:

And that is what you call poetic justice.

Please tell me Dods was ragin'

I thought you lot were taking the piss but you really honestly believe that pitch could have been playable a few weeks ago ????   

Deluded . 

As for the game tonight , it was interesting , swung from end to end at times but I think you lot wanted it more than us. We would have been happy with the point but as the game wore on we became desperate and snatched at any chance we had.    Obviously Young told his players to shoot on sight as the conditions made for mistakes.  Our lot tried to walk it in. Not advisable when you have a wing back as  slow as Willie Dyer .    The amount of times in that first half where he was given the ball with acres of space to run into and an Albion player caught him before he made it over the half way line . Fin Graham was our best and most consistent player  but apart from Jackson he had very little options of an out ball  Basically where we lost it was when the ball broke loose . It always fell to an Albion player because they wanted it more . 

I must say though Albion were much improved from the game earlier in the season. Really tightened things up in mid table.  We will have to work a bit harder to avoid a Farfar slump. 

As Steve said, some dreadful refereeing at times.  I don't know where these fuckers learn the rules but they change from ref to ref.  But hey it is the same for everyone with these lot so we've just got to put up with them. 

Entertaining game in horrible conditions. We need to take more chances after going one up. Rovers were always going to get back into it. Created some good chances but luck not on our side last night. Liked the look of the loan guy from Hearts . Keep creating stuff like that and we will get back to winning ways. Credit to both teams in those conditions.

Archived