Ads on pc

dee_62

Question

Using the pc to access the site over the last couple of days and have had Wm Hill and PS4 ads sweeping in like pairs of curtains.  Full length with no apparent "X" to close them down.  I can scroll up and down the page still but can't click on anything below or to the side of them - have had to keep closing the window down.  Not even sure I'm hovvering over the ads all the time before they re-appear!

ETA using Chrome on a windows pc

• Answers 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sounds like the problem is back, for posters like Nightmare at least.

Within the last 30mins the side adverts have disappeared for myself, and the forum content now fills the whole width of the screen.

Not sure if that's Mods switching the ads off again as a reaction to a problem, or if that's just the way it's going 'wrong' again for me.

Sorry guys, the ad agency are running new creatives that are supposed to go down both sides of the forum, like the screenshot below. These are causing some problems clearly.

I've isolated us down to a single ad unit on the site to see if that fixes the problem, please let me know if you have any problems after reading this post.

advert_unit.JPG

Agreed. Was the same with the BMW one the other day. Takes over half the screen, there's no way to get rid of it and you don't seem to be able to click any of the forum links while it's up.

Perhaps this is part of div's cunning plan to increase the clicks the ads get.

13 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

Ditto, can't use the site this morning on the PC as you can't get rid of the f*cking M&S advert.

Been like this on and off for days now. M&S just now but have had the same problem with BMW and PS4 ads. Only multiple refreshes seems to get rid of it.

Expect Ads with any site to be fair, but this is really starting to piss me off.

Archived