General nonsense gaming edition.

19QOS19

For context of my own preferences I'm primarily an FPS player with leanings towards stuff that takes design cues from the 90's & things not all that grounded in reality. The only recent AAA games I've touched from the past year or so are Doom Eternal & Borderlands 3 (counting from it's time of release on steam as opposed to it's EGS date). The single biggest time sink for beating a game (excluding extras) I've had recently is Deus Ex at about 30 hours or so. A marathon by my usual preferences so should be no suprise JRPGs aren't my thing. That & a large part of the genre is turn based which is a style that of gameplay that doesn't appeal to me at all.

1 hour ago, GNU_Linux said:

For context of my own preferences I'm primarily an FPS player with leanings towards stuff that takes design cues from the 90's & things not all that grounded in reality. The only recent AAA games I've touched from the past year or so are Doom Eternal & Borderlands 3 (counting from it's time of release on steam as opposed to it's EGS date). The single biggest time sink for beating a game (excluding extras) I've had recently is Deus Ex at about 30 hours or so. A marathon by my usual preferences so should be no suprise JRPGs aren't my thing. That & a large part of the genre is turn based which is a style that of gameplay that doesn't appeal to me at all.

My final Persona 5 Royal run time was 175 hours

Depends on the game for me.  Most of the time with the state of most long-winded games, it's just a case of seeing as much of it as possible before getting burnt out.  But there's rare occasions where you get games you simply don't want to end, and can end up putting stupid hours into.  I dread to think how much I've put into the Witcher 3 over the years (and platforms).  Most recent No Man's Sky save broke the 100 hour mark (probably did about 50 across other saves previously too.  Death Stranding was a real shame to finish, think that ended up being about 80.  

Lemmings is surely overdue some kind of re-release. I know there were a multitude of shit sequels over the years, but even they've dried up in recent times. It strikes me as an addictive idea that somebody with imagination would be able to re-do and expand upon.

18 hours ago, grumswall said:

There is a lemmings game for android which was good. They've added more and more ways to try force you to pay for things though and ruined it in the process.

That seems to be the norm with these retro remakes.

Dungeon Keeper, anyone?

I have the lemmings android game and during the first 4 months of the last lock down I did subscribe (£10 a month it was I think) ((also forgot to cancel it for two of those)) and it was decent but once you stop paying it's hard to back to the squibby version. 

I have the lemmings android game and during the first 4 months of the last lock down I did subscribe (£10 a month it was I think) ((also forgot to cancel it for two of those)) and it was decent but once you stop paying it's hard to back to the squibby version. 
You paid £10 A MONTH to play lemmings??

37 minutes ago, Mr X said:
7 hours ago, Busta Nut said:

You paid £10 A MONTH to play lemmings??

Yep, I know! It might have been lower and I planned on stopping it sooner but I did the idiot thing and forgot. 

There might be a thread for it already but this will do.

My worst gaming purchase - 

Someone at my place of work at the time described some game with dinosaurs and shit and the way they described it made it sound incredible, truly a game I would love to delve into, didn't catch the name of the game and stoned out my box later that day I downloaded some random ass Dinosaur game for £20, turns out they were on about Ark and whatever I bought was certainly not that, played 5 minutes before it got deleted. 

34 minutes ago, Stormzy said:

Someone at my place of work at the time described some game with dinosaurs and shit and the way they described it made it sound incredible, truly a game I would love to delve into, didn't catch the name of the game and stoned out my box later that day I downloaded some random ass Dinosaur game for £20, turns out they were on about Ark and whatever I bought was certainly not that, played 5 minutes before it got deleted. 

I've got Cyberpunk 2077

1 hour ago, Stormzy said:

I got a hooky copy of Lemings