Peterhead vs Alloa

Wasps1

Hard fought tie in testing conditions and could have gone either way. Peterheid had a couple of close things but I felt we were a bit more creative and probably just about deserved it. Excellent hit by Jamma to win it after some great closing down by Spence. I thought Hoggan did extremely well too on what I think was his first senior start? Strolled through it. Special mention also to Neil Parry for knocking out a seagull. 

Tough few weeks for the Wasps, hopefully a fighting win like this provides a wee platform for us to get going again. 

That's about right. We had a lot of the ball but too few clear chances or shots on target. Kelleher carried our back 4 and without him it might have been a bigger score. Someone also needs to tell Smith that he is supposed to kick it to the guys in blue shirts.

The ref had to get one thing right during the game. We needed to take one of the chances made especially in the 1st half. Don't know if Smith is making a video of how not to clear the ball for his coaching role at Rangers but has passed the ball  out to the opposition a few times recently & they have happily knocked back past him into the net, has saved us plenty in the past but is going through a spell of costing goals & might need a rest.

Archived