50 Greatest Games of all time - P&B decides

Dindeleux

3 hours ago, Kool Keith said:

Fallout 4 is one of the most frustrating games I've played, I keep waiting to start enjoying it. Will give the main storyline another go this week. 

The actual story is bland as hell. It's a good game if you ramp up the difficulty and play it as a survivalist FPS/RPG. It's naff if you treat it like a decent Fallout game.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The actual story is bland as hell. It's a good game if you ramp up the difficulty and play it as a survivalist FPS/RPG. It's naff if you treat it like a decent Fallout game.

I'm starting another new game in January and that's what I'll be doing for a change.

Got Skyrim today so I'm trying to figure out how I'm gonna approach that.

I got Skyrim and UFC 2 today.

My girlfriend also mistakenly got me The Division which I've had already so I'm going to return and swap it.......any left field suggestions for me for Xbone anyone?

Got witcher 3 goty edition today. Not going to lie looking fwd to it. Just finished dragonage inquisition and spinning about paradise city (dindy, i am juanjo)

6 hours ago, mizfit said:

I'm starting another new game in January and that's what I'll be doing for a change.

Got Skyrim today so I'm trying to figure out how I'm gonna approach that.

Bought the remastered edition and haven't a clue what to do. It's boring as heck.

I got Skyrim and UFC 2 today.

My girlfriend also mistakenly got me The Division which I've had already so I'm going to return and swap it.......any left field suggestions for me for Xbone anyone?

Just Cause 3 in no bad. I've recently got Assassins Creed Ezio collection and Metal Gear Solid, not played them yet though.

Did you get Forza Horizon 3?

Just Cause 3 in no bad. I've recently got Assassins Creed Ezio collection and Metal Gear Solid, not played them yet though.

Did you get Forza Horizon 3?

Na so I might just get that, I'm playing burnout just now and I've got F1 but by all accounts Horizon is great.

Which bit you at?

I'm really not into modern games really, but I thought Skyrim was absolutely incredible. Genuinely jealous of people starting it out for the first time.

Struggling to understand how folk can't follow the plot of Skyrim [emoji23]

It's probably still shit.

I'm literally just at the start. I'm sure I'll be able to work it out, seems like it's duelling factions trying to take over some territory with some magic thrown in. Had family hanging about last night when I started to play it which isn't the best when you're trying to make sense of it

Got a bit of a fright when that dragon appeared.

Should be a good game I've got high hopes.

2 hours ago, jmothecat said:

Which bit you at?

I'm really not into modern games really, but I thought Skyrim was absolutely incredible. Genuinely jealous of people starting it out for the first time.

felt the same after finishing ff7 and ff8 back in the day, especially 8 as i got it yankee version down the barras and pretty much battered too many hours in a short span and when others were starting it i was fucking beeling lol

Here we go with our top 10..........we have no more games on level points.

PIE AND BOVRIL - 50 GREATEST GAMES OF ALL TIME

10th place

Fallout 3

Image result for fallout 3

Fallout 3 was the third game in the Fallout series and the first to be created by my new favourite game makers of all time Bethesda Studios.   There has been a lot of discussion on here about what the best Fallout game was with a lot of people saying either Fallout 3 or Fallout New Vegas and a little bit less love for Fallout 4 which arrived a few places down our list.

The picture I have used above for Fallout 3 gives me a fair bit of excitement about my impending play through of this game and has been one of the things noted about this game that places it above Fallout 4 for most - the setting.  I agree that Boston, whilst a great map in 4, doesn't have the landmarks that DC can bring and I'm hoping that at some point soon I'll be tearing the White House up.

Fallout 3 is set in Washington DC in the year 2277.  As with the other games in the series there has been nuclear war and your survivor is one of those who has to cope with the fallout (boom, tish) and really just save the world.  I'm really sorry here but I don't actually want to go into any further details around what happens as I'm just about the play through the game and don't want to spoil it for myself.  As a brief outline your character is looking for his dad who has escaped one of Fallouts famous vaults.  It seems very similar to the story for Fallout 4.  From there you set off to discover all the wonders of the former capital in its state of nuclear disarray.

Fallout 3 was initially under development by Black Isle Studios, a studio owned by Interplay Entertainment, under the working title Van Buren. Black Isle Studios was the developer of the original Fallout and Fallout 2. When Interplay Entertainment went bankrupt and closed down Black Isle Studios before the game could be completed, the license to develop Fallout 3 was sold for a $1,175,000 minimum guaranteed advance against royalties to Bethesda Softworks, a studio primarily known as the developer of The Elder Scrolls series. Bethesda's Fallout 3, however, was developed from scratch, using neither Van Buren code nor any other materials created by Black Isle Studios. In May 2007, a playable technology demo of the canceled project was released to the public.  The game also received controversy upon release in Australia, for the use of and the ability to be addicted to alcohol and drugs; in India, for cultural and religious sentiments over the mutated cattle in the game being called "Brahmin"; and in Japan, due to having a weapon called the "Fat Man", which releases mini nuclear bombs.

A commercial and critical success, Fallout 3 sold an estimated 5 million copies and won various Game of the Year awards in 2008.  It was almost universally rated as a 9/10 game although I did spot some reviews that gave it an 8.5.  Pie and Bovril awarded it 59 points which is 8 more than previous entry Championship Manager 01/02 received.  We rated Fallout 3 as:

4 x 2nd place

2 x 3rd place

1 x 5th place

1 x 10th place

Fallout 3 has been on my list to play for about 5 years. As I said elsewhere I couldn't get into New Vegas which put me off Fallout 3.

The download code for it is still in my Fallout 4 box and will be used after my playthrough of Skyrim.

Just now, Christophe said:

We really are unbelievably spoiled with the gaming leaps of the last 30 years when c***s are moaning that an absolute work of art like Skyrim is boring, or unplayable...wtf is wrong with folk! 

This.

My much talked about Mega Drive, whilst half decent for nostalgia and a couple of the games are ok it does for the most part suck.  Games like Golden Axe just aren't as good as you remember them.

Except Columns which is amazing.

Archived