Motherwell v Celtic

It takes two teams to make a great game (and maybe some bad defending), a lot of credit to Motherwell today first goal was a peach great ball great finish,second goal what is toure and Gordon doing very poor thought Gordon should have dealt with that cross,for 70 minutes motherwell matched Celtic lasley,cadden,clay and maclean all brilliant performances but the last 20 minutes was all Celtic. 

The full 2nd half was Celtic apart from Motherwell counter attacking a few times. 11 men behind the ball for a good while

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, WeeMentalDavie said:

The full 2nd half was Celtic apart from Motherwell counter attacking a few times. 11 men behind the ball for a good while

Celtic average annual wage £700k v Motherwell £49k. We had a player today earning less in a year than some Celtic players earn in a week.

#what the f**k do you expect 

50 minutes ago, welldaft said:

Celtic average annual wage £700k v Motherwell £49k. We had a player today earning less in a year than some Celtic players earn in a week.

#what the f**k do you expect 

I don't think he's having a go at Motherwell, I think it's more in line with disagreeing that it took until the 70th minute for us to control the second half.

3 minutes ago, Drew Brees said:

:)

IMG_1520.PNG

IMG_1521.JPG

Nae luck John. :lol:

Just read on BBC about tiff between Rodgers and McGhee re McGhee telling Celtic to stop warming up in the goal area.

SPFL Rule H9.3 clearly shows that McGhee was right. The goals are only to be used for goalkeeping crossing practise if portable goals are available. Celtic should not have been practising shooting drills in the proper goals.

18 hours ago, Dominique Malonga said:

Aye you're spot on. Obviously there are poor games but overall they are very enjoyable. Occasionally you get crackers like today, the Scottish Cup final last season and when you lads beat Celtic in the semi just three recent examples. I'd much rather watch a Scottish game than an EPL game as they bore you to tears eight times out of ten.

Two best neutral games I watched last year on the tele were Aberdeen v Ross county and the Edinburgh Derby at tynecastle 

Horribly frustrating, that.

Celtic are a level above us, no question, but McDonald not bothering to track McGregor, Heneghan going all bambi and Lasley failing to shut Rogic down...these are all entirely preventable things.

That said...scored three great goals, and if our season is reliant on taking something off Celtic we're fucked. 

Thought we were worth a point.

5 minutes ago, Romeo said:

What age is Lasley now, he must be in his 50's

Moves like someone in his 60's.

Still wondering how Brown managed to evade a yellow card for his tackle on Moult end of the 1st half. 

There are bad refereeing decisions for both sides in every game but some are inexcusable....

Still wondering how Brown managed to evade a yellow card for his tackle on Moult end of the 1st half. 

There are bad refereeing decisions for both sides in every game but some are inexcusable....

Yeah, it's ridiculous. He never gets booked.

Having said that he's now out for a game for being booked so many times.

Wonder if the compliance officer is in a position to look at the studs up tackle on Lustig in the lead up to the 2 nd goal?

I honestly don't remember the one Brown should've been booked for, although I believe he should've given the general outcry, but he was booked for nothing at the start of the second half (presumably as part of totting up) so it's not really worth a major inquest over.

1 hour ago, welldaft said:

Moves like someone in his 60's.

What's your thoughts on McLean going through the back of lustig at the second goal? Yellow card minimum, surely. :whistle

2 minutes ago, blanco said:

What's your thoughts on McLean going through the back of lustig at the second goal? Yellow card minimum, surely. :whistle

My thoughts are that Lustig's face when he looked up, changing from his feigned injury to horror, and realised that it wasn't being given, was hilarious.

I think the gripe on the brown one is more that Moult got booked for much less on brown, and brown 'got away with' his one on moult. Not particularly fussed, though, as mentioned, he got his totting up booking.

Archived