Elgin City v Inverness Caledonian Thistle

afca32

Elgin aren't very good at all tbh. Surprised they're as high up the league as they are. I was expecting a tighter game as this was their biggest game in half a decade since they played Sevco in the league.*

*Just the response required to the standard 'If Caley are Premiership then they're fucked' stuff I'm seeing from Elgin fans. Who of course are showing zero sense of objectively of the fact that cup games can be closer than league positions suggest.

The ground looked pretty good though, as it was almost full and I managed to get a free pie.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Elgin aren't very good at all tbh. Surprised they're as high up the league as they are. I was expecting a tighter game as this was their biggest game in half a decade since they played Sevco in the league.*

*Just the response required to the standard 'If Caley are Premiership then they're fucked' stuff I'm seeing from Elgin fans. Who of course are showing zero sense of objectively of the fact that cup games can be closer than league positions suggest.

The ground looked pretty good though, as it was almost full and I managed to get a free pie.

We didnt look good because yous done your homework so knew how to work us plus yous held possesion better we hardly put a tackle in or went in physical which is annoying at times.

15 hours ago, Thom & Gerry said:

Comfortable win for ICT but if there are worse teams than them in the SPL, Scottish fitba is in a worse state than I thought.

Dunno how old you are but I've seen Dalglish, Law etc so I already know we're going down the tubes. Especially since the greed fest (EPL) started in 1992. 

As The Scarf says, this is what happens in cup ties. We get to beat you and you get to moan about us being shit. We've been there remember, caused at least 11 cup shocks while we were in the lower leagues. Lucky you never faced the ICT team of 2 years ago.

Turn it the other way round: Elgin were right up for this. ICT were weakened by injury. They lost 2 more before the kickoff, important players from the spine of the team. They had won 3 games all season in the league. They had lost the last 4 and hadn't won since October. Your team is looking at the playoffs, full of confidence  and scoring goals by the barrowload. And yet the "slick and silky City goal machine" you promised us won 2 corners, got a gift of a start and never managed a shot on target from open play.

16 minutes ago, The Mantis said:

Dunno how old you are but I've seen Dalglish, Law etc so I already know we're going down the tubes. Especially since the greed fest (EPL) started in 1992. 

As The Scarf says, this is what happens in cup ties. We get to beat you and you get to moan about us being shit. We've been there remember, caused at least 11 cup shocks while we were in the lower leagues. Lucky you never faced the ICT team of 2 years ago.

Turn it the other way round: Elgin were right up for this. ICT were weakened by injury. They lost 2 more before the kickoff, important players from the spine of the team. They had won 3 games all season in the league. They had lost the last 4 and hadn't won since October. Your team is looking at the playoffs, full of confidence  and scoring goals by the barrowload. And yet the "slick and silky City goal machine" you promised us won 2 corners, got a gift of a start and never managed a shot on target from open play.

As i said richie done his homework well soon as the ball was going to sutherland he wasnt getting a chance

You won comfortably no denying that but you were never out of sight. I could say you are full time, had the luxury of going on your hols for a week, while we are part time, have only trained about 3 times since the week before XMAS due to lack of facilities and could only manage 5 players at Training on Tuesday due to injuries and work commitments. So taking that into account I would say 2 1 and hanging on slightly at the end isn't a great reflection of where you are at the moment. I'm not anti Caley and have friends who played with you in your formative years, just telling it the way I see it.

There was no hanging on from an ICT perspective.  It was the most comfortable 1 goal margin victory I think I've ever seen from us.  We were never under any kind of pressure at any point of the match, even before the freak goal Elgin scored.  It was a matter of time before we equalised then went on to take the lead.

We really should've ran out 4-1 or 5-1 winners it was that one sided in the second half.  This isn't a bad winner type response from me, I'm calling the game as I saw it, regardless of who the opposition was.

3 hours ago, ICTChris said:

AAAAAARRRRRGHHHHH

I can't see it but one of those "Awaydays" accounts has posted a video of the trouble after the game. Thousands of views and comments, only going to encourage them.

ICT seem to have a bunch of green street wannabes following them these days, what's that all about?

8 hours ago, Staggie_93 said:

ICT seem to have a bunch of green street wannabes following them these days, what's that all about?

Pretty much that. They've watched Green Street and thought that looks like fun and now try and 'cause it' most weekends.

Can't really remember much of the game. I was pretty smashed tatties but felt we were pretty flat. ICT Chris sums it up well as usual. Cole was our best player by a mile and the rest of them looked pretty out of sorts but perhaps that could be put down to the formation. Anyway, they will need to really improve with two massive games against Partick and Dundee coming up in the league. Play like we did on Saturday and I can't see us taking much from those games.

57 minutes ago, RiG said:

Pretty much that. They've watched Green Street and thought that looks like fun and now try and 'cause it' most weekends.

Can't really remember much of the game. I was pretty smashed tatties but felt we were pretty flat. ICT Chris sums it up well as usual. Cole was our best player by a mile and the rest of them looked pretty out of sorts but perhaps that could be put down to the formation. Anyway, they will need to really improve with two massive games against Partick and Dundee coming up in the league. Play like we did on Saturday and I can't see us taking much from those games.

Hamilton away in between those.

Archived