Partick Thistle - everyone's favourite cuddly second team!?

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, Hammer Jag said:

One of the great myths of Scottish football, perpetuated by b*****ds like Chick Young. 

The only expressions of 'support' from other fans in Scotland tend to come from taxi drivers in Glasgow. 'Ma da used tae lift us over the turnstiles at Firhill. Am a Rangers/Sellick man noo, but always got a soft spot for ra Jags' 

Fellow diddy supporters, particularly bumpkins from places like Hamilton, Motherwell, Kilmarnock and Greenock tend to have a bit of a chip on their shoulder towards us. They (laughably) think we get more media coverage than them due to the fact we're from the big city.

Yep. And Paisley too.

We tend to get sympathy from fans of other clubs for sharing a city with the Old Firm but from my experience the gloryhunting weirdos who support a team miles away from them who haven't been anywhere near Glasgow are far worse than anything I have to deal with in Glasgow.

39 minutes ago, Hammer Jag said:

One of the great myths of Scottish football, perpetuated by b*****ds like Chick Young. 

The only expressions of 'support' from other fans in Scotland tend to come from taxi drivers in Glasgow. 'Ma da used tae lift us over the turnstiles at Firhill. Am a Rangers/Sellick man noo, but always got a soft spot for ra Jags' 

Fellow diddy supporters, particularly bumpkins from places like Hamilton, Motherwell, Kilmarnock and Greenock tend to have a bit of a chip on their shoulder towards us. They (laughably) think we get more media coverage than them due to the fact we're from the big city.

I'm mostly just fed up queuing outside your ground beyond the scheduled kickoff because we bring a decent crowd and your club aren't prepared.

I used to look forward to Aberdeen v Partick, anything was liable to happen and there were usually plenty of goals. Also they had in those days a very distinctive strip, which is a big plus for a team when you are only 10 years old.

Their ground has always been the closest senior ground to where I have lived, so for that reason I hate them less than every team outside United.

I also had a soft spot for them after we nearly killed them by winning that play-off, but that feeling has dissipated since they are now ahead of us.

1 hour ago, Malcolm Malcolm said:

I'm mostly just fed up queuing outside your ground beyond the scheduled kickoff because we bring a decent crowd and your club aren't prepared.

That was a once off with the kick off delayed and actually it was a good thing as you didn't miss any of the match. Yet another Morton fan hating on thistle. I'm presuming still angry about the 2012-13 season.

30 minutes ago, whiskychimp said:

Its probably because we had a wee rivalry about 25 years ago, in the lower leagues......... 

..... Before we got promoted and left you like a lassie that got fat. 

Yes used to have a rivalry. And then we got promoted and beat you 5-2 on the carpet 

Archived