Kilmarnock...aside from the bigot brothers, the SPL's most hated team?

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, bobbycoxblue said:

Kilmarnock are the most hated due to the fact that they pander to the old Firm at every opportunity... embarrassing.

( remember the Sevco vote)

If you decide you "hate" a football team based on a decision their chairman made, against the will of the fans, then I feel sorry for you. Obviously I can't prove this, but the general feeling around at the time was that Michael Johnston had his hand pushed in a certain direction by the bank, whom we owed a lot of money too at the time. i.e. - you owe us £x you can't be seen to actively turn away £x p/y extra.

As for the other times we "pander", I assume you mean by allowing Celtic fans three stands for their title winning match? If you'd been in the home ends at Rugby Park when Rangers won their title and experienced what we did, then just giving the stand away when the game was meaningless for us made total sense. Also, we'd just beaten Celtic at Hampden in the game that meant more to both teams so it really wasn't an issue.

3 hours ago, bobbycoxblue said:

Kilmarnock are the most hated due to the fact that they pander to the old Firm at every opportunity... embarrassing.

( remember the Sevco vote)

Remind me who employed John Brown and Alex Rae......

MJ abstained in the Sevco vote, the fans made their feelings known. So you basically hate one man, who the Killie fans i can assure you hate more.

My biggest gripe with Kilmarnock is how bloody far away it is from Aberdeen.

No real issue with them other than them selling 75% of their stadium to the OF for title decider etc

ETA - that second gripe is with their board as I fee sorry for their fans having to endure that.

You would find that pleasing. I've never seen a club who hate the fact that we don't give a f**k about your club. It must really get to you that you think of us as your biggest rivals and we just find you irrelevant.

[emoji1] you seem not bothered

4 minutes ago, ChosenFew said:

You would find that pleasing. I've never seen a club who hate the fact that we don't give a f**k about your club. It must really get to you that you think of us as your biggest rivals and we just find you irrelevant.

Hmmm...

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/watch-rangers-fans-appear-throw-8915592

14 minutes ago, ChosenFew said:

Clearly. 

22 minutes ago, ChosenFew said:

Aberdeen, absolute mutants. Diddy team supporters who still live in the past.

17 minutes ago, ChosenFew said:

10 minutes ago, ChosenFew said:

We just feel sorry for you supporting such a shite football club and living in a horrendous City.

:lol: Magnificent. Welcome. 

Always nice to meet a new, well rounded member of the community.

6 hours ago, Tor! said:

If you decide you "hate" a football team based on a decision their chairman made, against the will of the fans, then I feel sorry for you. Obviously I can't prove this, but the general feeling around at the time was that Michael Johnston had his hand pushed in a certain direction by the bank, whom we owed a lot of money too at the time. i.e. - you owe us £x you can't be seen to actively turn away £x p/y extra.

As for the other times we "pander", I assume you mean by allowing Celtic fans three stands for their title winning match? If you'd been in the home ends at Rugby Park when Rangers won their title and experienced what we did, then just giving the stand away when the game was meaningless for us made total sense. Also, we'd just beaten Celtic at Hampden in the game that meant more to both teams so it really wasn't an issue.

Why explain yourself?

It makes you look like a twat, looking for acceptance.

Given that Aberdeen's game in hand is against Kilmarnock tonight I'd like to go on the record as saying Kilmarnock are a great club and Ayrshire is a wonderful county whose people are tall, good looking, intelligent and not in the slightest bit inbred

Recent events may have forced me to reassess my position on the wretched hive of scum and villainy that is Kilmarnock.

Archived