Dundee v Ross County 10/12/16

Fair play to Bain. He's had some(deserved) stick lately, the goal we conceded against Inverness being the obvious example, but that save at the end was absolutely class. I thought the guy had put it wide until the referee gave a corner. Hopefully he can put in more performances like the past 2 seasons before he inevitably leaves.
As Ludo said, Gomis was utterly woeful at points where he looked to be just standing still and Gowser once again had a poor game. Was just wanting the whistle to go by the end of it because if anyone was going to score it wouldn't have been us

Gomis won a lot of good last ditch tackles today. Fair enough he wasn't great with the ball at his feet but people can't say that Ghadz strolled it and Gomis had a bad game. The defence as a whole are far too slow at moving the ball but all defended well today imo. Holt is also like a different player this season, one of our most consistent performers

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gomis won a lot of good last ditch tackles today. Fair enough he wasn't great with the ball at his feet but people can't say that Ghadz strolled it and Gomis had a bad game. The defence as a whole are far too slow at moving the ball but all defended well today imo. Holt is also like a different player this season, one of our most consistent performers

Holt had his worst game in a while today,skinned more times than I care to remember, and must have been wearing slippers as he couldn't stay on his feet.

21 minutes ago, RossDee01 said:

I genuinely can't remember any last ditch tackles he had but I'll take your word for it and just assume I was hiding behind my hands. Towards the end he was having a horror show and it seemed inevitably that he'd cost us a goal. I wouldn't say Gadz strolled it either btw but I wouldn't say that any of our players did today.

Disagree about Holt. He's definitely been better this season but their number 11 had the better of him a number of times and got past him far too easily

and Habers is? You're kidding yourself if you think what we have right now is good enough

Have you been watching us at all this season?

From Haber's arrival, we've had some sort of attacking presence. He's battled and dominated in the air in almost every game he's played and caused real problems. He's managed to set up opportunities for others and was a vital part of our upturn of form.

He's had a poorer game today but the service was piss poor. His miss was disappointing but nowhere near as bad as being made out (a touch of a ball that pace would have given the threat of it rolling through to the 'keeper and it was awkward to take first time).

Let's let him have a bad game without throwing him under the bus because he's had less success in a match against a side who his game strengths don't work the best against (Davies in an aerial battle) and where he's hardly had a single pass to feet or even a quality long ball against.

I'm physically struggling to comprehend how Rory Loy makes us a better side in any regard. His all round game is not at this level and his great finishing is a total myth. All he contributes is to antagonise our other players. We need to create a highlight reel of the millions of sitters he's missed.

With Haber, we have a big strong target man of a decent quality. That's a huge necessity in having a good attack.

Haber won't score many goals but then he's not signed to be our goal getter. He gave Davies a torrid time today when he's used to winning everything in the air.

He badly faded in the second half but we weren't getting many up to support him.

Shocking that fans were booing the side off at the end.

El Bahk doesn't look good enough tbh. He's a bright spot because he runs at players and has decent pace alongside decent control but he looks every bit a lower league player in my opinion.

We need O'Hara back in the centre and McGowan needs to get his act together.

Brilliant save from Bain. I think the criticism he's had has been unfair. By miles our best keeper.
Cammy Kerr is a real bright spot for me, he could be a really top player imo.
I also think Haber has made a real difference since he arrived and I'd say he was definitely offside for the chance - did the Derry side linesman not flag?
Gomis is pretty limited but until McPake gets fit he'll need to do.
I also wouldn't right of El Bak just yet.
Young Curran was clearly shiteing it but he's had 60 ish minutes now and hopefully will be less overawed next time.
Holt is also improving and might make it yet.
Hateley and McGowan, fook me, I think we need more and recently Vincent has looked more valuable than either of them. Our ball retention was fookin diabolical.
Finally the steak pie in the Birky was awesome. Cheers G_man.

It was a game bereft of quality, from both teams. Passes going astray, players getting caught dwelling on the ball (with Hately particularly guilty) and the clear cut chances being missed. At least we didn't lose.

Also, for what it's worth, Haber was definitely onside. One of the county centre backs played him a yard onside. The officials got that one right.

It was a game bereft of quality, from both teams. Passes going astray, players getting caught dwelling on the ball (with Hately particularly guilty) and the clear cut chances being missed. At least we didn't lose.

Also, for what it's worth, Haber was definitely onside. One of the county centre backs played him a yard onside. The officials got that one right.

Davies lost concentration and only started to run forward the second the ball was played. Could see his guilt after it had happened.

1 hour ago, Fifespud said:

Cammy Kerr is a real bright spot for me, he could be a really top player imo.

Very much agree with that.  Man of the match today IMO.  Can't believe McGowan got man do the match.  I thought he was poor today.

Kerr is now playing some great football week in week out against top flight opposition.  Can you imagine what the local press would be saying if he was playing for United this season and puting in the same type of performances in the Championship?  They would have just about every English team outwith the Premier League linked to him!

Have you been watching us at all this season?

From Haber's arrival, we've had some sort of attacking presence. He's battled and dominated in the air in almost every game he's played and caused real problems. He's managed to set up opportunities for others and was a vital part of our upturn of form.

He's had a poorer game today but the service was piss poor. His miss was disappointing but nowhere near as bad as being made out (a touch of a ball that pace would have given the threat of it rolling through to the 'keeper and it was awkward to take first time).

Let's let him have a bad game without throwing him under the bus because he's had less success in a match against a side who his game strengths don't work the best against (Davies in an aerial battle) and where he's hardly had a single pass to feet or even a quality long ball against.

I'm physically struggling to comprehend how Rory Loy makes us a better side in any regard. His all round game is not at this level and his great finishing is a total myth. All he contributes is to antagonise our other players. We need to create a highlight reel of the millions of sitters he's missed.

With Haber, we have a big strong target man of a decent quality. That's a huge necessity in having a good attack.

Yes, I have watched us every game this season. Wish I was watching the free flowing, goals galore football you l seem to be watching though. He can win all the headers in the world but when nobody is picking up the second ball it is absolutely pointless.

I'd love to have your positivity about the situation we are in[emoji23]

Yes, I have watched us every game this season. Wish I was watching the free flowing, goals galore football you l seem to be watching though. He can win all the headers in the world but when nobody is picking up the second ball it is absolutely pointless.

Are you no the same boy who was slaughtering our fans over on the other forum for not being positive enough when Peterhead papped us out the cup in August?

Are you no the same boy who was slaughtering our fans over on the other forum for not being positive enough when Peterhead papped us out the cup in August?

Am I the same person who had a go at people telling Greg Stewart to f**k off? Yes, I am.

What does that have to do with this though?[emoji23] Obviously upset you with that one did I? You got your wish though, he's gone now. Doing well without him eh?

I genuinely can't remember any last ditch tackles he had but I'll take your word for it and just assume I was hiding behind my hands. Towards the end he was having a horror show and it seemed inevitably that he'd cost us a goal. I wouldn't say Gadz strolled it either btw but I wouldn't say that any of our players did today.
Disagree about Holt. He's definitely been better this season but their number 11 had the better of him a number of times and got past him far too easily

I think it's difficult to say any of the defenders had a bad game today because of the clean sheet but can see your point re Gomis, looks a little bit too casual at times and did again today.

Holt didn't have his beat game today, but he's getting into some good forward positions which i think is important in that wing back role he's playing. Still a much improved player from last year which was more my point.

Gadz is getting better every week as well. Defence isn't the problem, unfortunately we seem to be far too lightweight in the middle of the park and are struggling to create any chances. Haber wins every header, but like i've said above it's pointless when nobody else is there to win the second ball.

We have been generally scoring goals and his impact has been creating chances in almost every game he's played in. He's had two difficult games.

I really don't know what sort of player you expect us to reasonably have up front. If we have no quality distribution to them, they aren't going to do well. Pinning our problems on him is insane.

We have been generally scoring goals and his impact has been creating chances in almost every game he's played in. He's had two difficult games.

I really don't know what sort of player you expect us to reasonably have up front. If we have no quality distribution to them, they aren't going to do well. Pinning our problems on him is insane.

I didn't pin anything on Haber at all actually, that was other people putting words in my mouth. All as I said was that I think Loy should get another chance at some point. I actually think Haber is doing okay, there's just nobody winning second balls off him.

I'd have Loy in there personally before El Bak who imo is far too lightweight for this level just now.

Archived